• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    At what point in the day (i.e. showering, eating breakfast, sleeping) do most of your ideas come to you?
    At work, when I'm trying not to lose my sanity. And then I get more ideas when I'm writing.

And I can't answer the other questions because I hate manga, rarely watch current movies, and don't make soundtracks for my fics.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    Is it being racist if you hate racist?

At what point in the day (i.e. showering, eating breakfast, sleeping) do most of your ideas come to you?

Usually between 12 and 7 a.m, when I'm working.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years

In mah shower for some reason...I'm serious. I waste water thinking in the shower...xD

Ageless Irony

MANIC SPAMMER
    Years

At school.
    Or while I'm eating a quiet lunch in my living room of my empty house.
    a lunch that consists of a simple sandwich and about seven cans of Pepsi...Along with the occasional bag of Doritos.

...Why did I just describe my average lunch?
    Because I can.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

It's okay, Beachy.

The idea of JaB came to me while I was in the shower. xD It's really weird. O_O

Or while I'm eating a quiet lunch in my living room of my empty house.
    a lunch that consists of a simple sandwich and about seven cans of Pepsi...Along with the occasional bag of Doritos.

...Why did I just describe my average lunch?
    Because I can.

What boring food you have, dear. :/

OMG!!!!!!!!

Everyone! Last night....I wrote stuff!!! :3

So chapter...seven(I think it was seven...) of JaB is finished! ^.^ -dances around-

Baa.Baa.Blacksheep

Lean on me~
    Years

I don't really have a time a day when ideas come to me...Mine just flit into my mind after a completely random train of thought. So, they can happen anytime, anywhere. XD

But, if I had to specify most frequent...it's probably around 11 pm, when I'm trying to sleep (and failing). Especially if it's after I've already been struggling to write something, I get ideas as soon as I shut down my computer to go to bed. XD But...they usually occur after looking at something in real life and letting my mind wander. XD

Duncan McNeil

[release].your.grip
    Years
    Huh. People who come up with fic ideas in the shower...yeah. Interesting...

It's almost always random, but most of my ideas come when I sit down for some quiet time at night. I'll turn on my iPod and just relax, while listening to some calm stuff. That's when I come up with most of my ideas in general, not just about my fics.

If I don't have time to sit down and chill by myself for a while, then I'll seriously get ticked and stay up as long as I have to until I can get some quiet. Around here, sometimes that's like 4 or 5 in the morning. -_-

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    There has not been a post in almost 24 hours, what happened, did everyone die fall asleep?

Whoa, man. O_o Just because there hasn't been any replies doesn't mean that we don't care.

Well, actually, yeah. We probably don't. Or at least, I don't. (I mean, I love you, guys!)

Anyway, back after a hiatus... with nothing to show for it except the newly acquired knowledge of what carbon monoxide fumes does to a person. (Long story.)

That said, responding to the latest question. May do the others later, when I'm not tempted to answer the one about what actors should play who (if my fic was turned into a movie) with "Chuck Norris." Dear brain, no, Chuck Norris would not make a good Orsino/Sebastian/Cesario/Bill/Professor Oak/other random background character, as amusing as that would be.

I mean, really. Chuck Norris as Professor Oak. I'd watch that.

Showering. Because nothing inspires me more than being naked.

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    I have a suggestion:

Do you think we should have a completed fanfiction thread so that old, finished stories won't fade into obscurity?

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Do you think we should have a completed fanfiction thread so that old, finished stories won't fade into obscurity?

I suggested this back when CWTA,P was the FF Mod. I think Asty will make it happen eventually.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    If the upper staff wants to hear suggestions for a forum they really don't care about.

:D

When I feel like going on a rampage, I'll tear the upper staff new ones until they give me the Completed Fics forum.

Right now, it's too bloody hot.

Oh, I nearly died though, since the customers at my work feel like playing "Hit the service clerk!" with their cars. Bloody wankers. I just swear at them. And I got something thrown at me too! :D

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Sleeping or lying around in bed/on the couch doing nothing. I try not to think of ideas while bathing, if only to keep my fic's rating out of R/NC-17 territory XD

I'd recommend it especially for the excellent one-shots that have been posted. It's the one thing that Sppf has that we don't currently that's actually a good idea.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    On the suggestion, hasn't it been mentioned that there's been plans to turn the Fanfiction Archive into one such forum... ever since CWTA,P was a mod? O.o

IceDragon2439

Stand Up and Scream
    Years

When I take a shower and when I listen to music. It just hits me sometimes and then I bring an idea together.

I think it is an excellent idea, even though I don't have a fic anywhere near completion. *Puts head down in shame*

Bay

Years

Yeah, I think so. Sometimes I like to read a one shot or a completed story. Both NE and DT are in their halfway points so it would be nice for them to be in that section, though DT will be completed faster. XD

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Showering. Because nothing inspires me more than being naked.

:D

Oh, I nearly died though, since the customers at my work feel like playing "Hit the service clerk!" with their cars. Bloody wankers. I just swear at them. And I got something thrown at me too! :D

Evil. D<

I want to work at the arcade. Because everyone who does is awesome. :O

Yes. That would make things a lot...neater. Though I think FFC submissions should have their own, too. ;/

Oi. And if I can get enough money for my birthday, I'll try to get a laptop. :D Why am I telling you this? Because I know you love me and want to talk to me for hours on end. ;D

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    On the suggestion, hasn't it been mentioned that there's been plans to turn the Fanfiction Archive into one such forum... ever since CWTA,P was a mod? O.o
    Yes. Yes, there was. The Fanfiction Archive would become a real archive, FFotM would be a sticky, and the Revision Bin would be kicked to the curb.

I really need to get off my arse and do something.

*goes to play Sims*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back