• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
Forget the bunnies, I lol'ed at him being sad for the plants. Now that you guys mention it, I guess Paolini does focus a bit too much on Eragon. I mean, the whole Roran arc wasn't for him to escape Carvahall, but in actuality for him to reunite with Eragon.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Forget the bunnies, I lol'ed at him being sad for the plants.
Ah yes, the plants. The poor, poor plants.

WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE PLANTS?!?
Isn't the story about Eragon?
Yes... and also about dragons and elves and evil people and whatnot - all whcih have to do with Eragon, is more what people are saying. Sure, he's the main character, but any other 'side plot' always seems to have a great deal to do with Eragon was well. Eragon this, Eragon that... just a bit too much focus on the character. It seems there are not many other characters if any with their own Eragon-absent purpose or life or whatever.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
OH GODS! THE PLANTS HAVE BEEN KILLED!

T_T

T_T

*cries many single tears*

Has he gone emo over the fact that he's breathing in oxygen? ;; WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE OXYGEN ATOMS? (Note: I never took chemistry. You may correct me if oxygen is not atom-y.)

Isn't the story about Eragon?
Yeah, but the entire (and I mean entire) world revolves around him. It's like Algaesia didn't exist before Eragon was born, and when he dies, the entire world ceases to exist. All the characters do something, and it's related to Eragon in some way or the other.

There's a whole world out there that doesn't revolve around Eragon. People should make their decisions and live their lives without him being involved in some way. He's not Kevin Bacon. Or Andrew Wiggin.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
OH GODS! THE PLANTS HAVE BEEN KILLED!

T_T

T_T

*cries many single tears*

Has he gone emo over the fact that he's breathing in oxygen? ;; WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE OXYGEN ATOMS? (Note: I never took chemistry. You may correct me if oxygen is not atom-y.)

Their Oxygen Molecules.

Yeah, but the entire (and I mean entire) world revolves around him. It's like Algaesia didn't exist before Eragon was born, and when he dies, the entire world ceases to exist. All the characters do something, and it's related to Eragon in some way or the other.

There's a whole world out there that doesn't revolve around Eragon. People should make their decisions and live their lives without him being involved in some way. He's not Kevin Bacon. Or Andrew Wiggin.

I guess that means you are not gong to like my fic.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
I was really hoping they'd do with Murtagh in Brisingr what they did with Roran in Eldest, because at this point, he should be just as important as Eragon. Sadly, I'm on page 250+ and have barely heard anything about him. I WANT SOME DRAGON VS DRAGON & RIDER VS RIDER ACTION! (not like that two second fight in Eldest).

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
I was really hoping they'd do with Murtagh in Brisingr what they did with Roran in Eldest, because at this point, he should be just as important as Eragon. Sadly, I'm on page 250+ and have barely heard anything about him. I WANT SOME DRAGON VS DRAGON & RIDER VS RIDER ACTION! (not like that two second fight in Eldest).

Eragon does see Thron, but only from a distance. I am only at 130.

I too want to see read some dragon vs dragon fighting.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I guess that means you are not gong to like my fic.
Depends on how it, and your main character, is written. You can have your heroic character that does something, but if every aspect of the world is related to the main character, then that's when there is a problem.

I haven't read your fic yet (currently reading a few books and another fanfic on a different forum), but I doubt that your character has a strong pull of gravity on the plot of the fic that nothing else happens when he isn't involved.

Do the other characters, and side plots of the fic, not involve your character in anyway? In the Inheritance Cycle, everything has to do with Eragon. The good characters all exist to help Eragon, and that's all that they do. The evil characters all exist to hinder Eragon, and that's what they do. It's OK to have the plot revolve around your main character, but not the whole world.

It's kinda difficult for me to explain because I really don't remember where I heard this all about how the world doesn't revolve around the character. (I think it was Negrek who explained it all when I learned it, so ask her.) Besides, I haven't read your fic yet, kc, so I dunno how your character is.

I just plainly suck at explaining things.

I would have a good way to show how a character can be the main character and do something to change the world, but not everyone/everything focuses on the character...but it would just make me enter fangirl mode. So I won't.

EDIT: Dragon versus dragon fights are awesome.

Bay

Years

Heh, reminds me of that one quote from the plates (I think) in which Arceus existed before the universe came. XD

As for the world evolving thing, I actually explained that to both Blue Angel and Aqua a little bit and I asked them this:

-Does all the good guys like him and the bad guys hate him, even if that character would do unsual things

-Does he seem to get things on a silver plate and not able to take on some conflicts?

-Is there some subtle differences about that character that would be unsual in a sense (for instance, that character has unsual hair when everyone else has normal hair, that character's name is Japanese while the other characters have American names)

That's all I can remember at the moment. Probably got a couple things wrong, but this is what I've learn so far. XD Perhaps yeah Negrek can explain the revolving thing much better.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Sadly, I'm on page 250+ and have barely heard anything about him. I WANT SOME DRAGON VS DRAGON & RIDER VS RIDER ACTION! (not like that two second fight in Eldest).

You have over half of the book to go, then. I guarantee you at least one epic dragon fight. It's going to happen.

EDIT: Dragon versus dragon fights are awesome.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Did everyone die or something? Or are you all afraid I'm going to brutally insult you? Especially since that's my new favorite hobby now, or something like that. I don't know, it was what I was told.

Man, I would say I miss being nice and pleasant, before I started swearing at people and telling them that they're wrong, but then again, this section is the only one wank/n00b-free because I am dreadfully evil. And tell people to hush when I don't want to hear them.

[/slitswrists] Why don't I have friends? ;-;

Har har. Here's a new topic for the FFL: How did Asty get her mod powers when she's so MEAN to people?

:D Discuss.

I think at this point, I'm just rambling because I didn't talk much in work. And there better be more action tomorrow, because I'm home all day, and I want people to talk to. People who aren't named Andrew Wiggin. Though he would be nice to talk to as well. That, or I could read Treason, which is not as hilarious as it was before Scott rewrote it. Which is a shame. But I digress. Or I could figure out the time line of that series which drives me insane. Or I could play the Sims, which I haven't played in a while. But I don't want to look at Alvin because I have OSC fanfiction to write. And I want to finish that.

I'm doing it again, aren't I?

Oh crud. I am bleeding. Don't mind me, folks. Gonna go die now. :D

Edit: Forget you people. I'm going to go hang out at another better forum.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
NOW THIS IS SOME ENTERTAINING STUFF!

Ahem...

Maybe another topic? Where else do you post your fics in an attempt to take over the world with it?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Ah heck yeah. Entertainment! :D

Where else do you post your fics in an attempt to take over the world with it?
My writing journal on LiveJournal. And that's it. I'm waiting to have a few more chapters of my Original Trainer fic written before I actually bring it elsewhere.

For now, I'm planning on having PC be the only home for my fic. I'm not active on other forums at all, and this is the only one I can get to at any time. Plus, I really don't want to cross-post yet. I'm not sure if ever, either. x.x But that's a far way off, since I only have the first chapter posted on my writing journal. And it's taking me a long time to write the second chapter of my OT, because I'm stuck on where I want to take the story. But I'm slowly plugging away on it.

As for my fics for other fandoms, I don't know what to do with my Digimon one. I know people have been wanting to read it, but I can't think of a place to post it where it'll get the reviews that I want. As for that other fandom I write for... I doubt anyone wants to read that, which is a shame, because it's the best of my writing.

But yeah, so far, I don't think I'm going to cross-post.

txteclipse

The Last
Years

IGN.com and deviantART. I don't get very spectacular reviews on the first one save from a few people and I haven't gotten even a single review on the second.

Bay

Years

Let's see, for "Nothing, Everything":
Serebii: Getting quite a lot of reviews there.
PokeMasters: No reviews yet, though I have some people nominating me things like "Most Dedicated Writer" and "Best Writer" whenever the awards come up. O.o I have closet readers XD
PokeElite2000 forums:Posted there for a while and then stopped after taking a hiatus from that forum. Posting there again though to become active in that forum again and also there's this one contest going over there that I entered the story in. XD
Fanfiction.net: No reviews over there yet. Decided to post over there just for the heck of it
Bulbagarden:Posted only three chapters and then stopped after being too busy.

Ascaris

boogey
Years

Serebii, Bulbagarden, PokeCommunity, Pe2k, Pokemon Epiphany, Pokemon Fan Universe, Pokezam, Fan Fiction.net.

I rarely update in the last four. The only good reviews I get are from Serebii and here. I got one in Pe2k but the member vanished soon afterwards. I hardly get reviews from Bulbagarden, PFU, Pokezam and FF.net

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Did everyone die or something?

Yeah, we're pretty much vampires right now. Not the sparkly, Twilight kind.

[/slitswrists] Why don't I have friends? ;-;

Hey! What about the threesome... foursome... howmanypeoplearehavingsexwithusagain?some you're in? =O

How did Asty get her mod powers when she's so MEAN to people?

You slept with half the higher staff?

...The more you mention Andrew Wiggin, the more I think about that crackfic idea I had that one night in which Andy and Bill meet. For drinks. And genius talk. And then sex. Awkward sex.

Oh crud. I am bleeding. Don't mind me, folks. Gonna go die now. :D

*offers bandaid?* O_o

Other than PC, I've got a writing journal on LiveJournal and an account (a new one as well as one under this name that serves as an archive to my crappy older stories) on Fanfiction.net. I could also list the places I used to post and the reasons why I don't, but those all tend to come with rants that I'd rather not get into.

In the meantime, I was thinking of trying Pokemon Tower because of its reputation (self-proclaimed as the best archive solely for Pokemon fanfiction on the 'net -- and I've yet to find anything better), but I wasn't sure if anyone actually went there anymore.

Negrek

Am I more than you bargained for yet?
Years

It depends on my mood. In general, I only post what I consider to be my best work on FF.net. Sometimes I'll post a story specifically for someone, and then I'll only post it on what forum I think they prefer. In general, PC and Serebii are the only boards I bother posting stuff to fairly regularly, and sometimes TCoD.

Sike_Saner

*aromatisse noise*
Years

Other than here, I post my stuff on SPPf, TPM, FF.net, TCoD, Bulbagarden, PE2K, dA, and The Pokémon Tower. I think those are all of the places where I currently post it, anyway. @.@;

There were two more places (I can only seem to remember the name of one, which was HitmonNet) where I used to post it, but they have since kicked the bucket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back