• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feign

Clain
Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I'll blame it on the firefox spellcheck (yes that is what I used).

Or you could also assume it was a Freudian slip, of which lulz would ensue, and more obscure innuendos would follow.

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    I'll blame it on the firefox spellcheck (yes that is what I used).

Or you could also assume it was a Freudian slip, of which lulz would ensue, and more obscure innuendos would follow.

Freud, like the concept of cake as a reward for completing a masterpiece, is inherently a lie and the fact you didn't proofread after the spell check depresses me. v_v

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Freud, like the concept of cake as a reward for completing a masterpiece, is inherently a lie and the fact you didn't proofread after the spell check depresses me. v_v

But a cigar is a cigar sometimes! :(

(please for the love of god someone please get that reference)

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Lol Freud is a silly man indeed.

I'm glad someone understood though.

Reminds me of that Freudian slip joke with the man asking his wife to have the salt pass to him, instead vehemently exclaiming that she ruined his life.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Jax, I think you've created a monster.

Swampoleongaurdian [sic]: "lol hi guys this is a story thread that im posting in writer's lounge!"
    Us: "'Kay. We're going to give you advice."
    Swampoleon: "wut u gais r meen!!11eleventy"
    Us: "Um... 'kay?"
    Swampoleon: "heres another idea thread!!!111"
    Us: "We're going to comment, assuming you're actually planning on writing this."
    Swampoleon: "lol jk gais heres another thread and another thread and another thread."
    Sparkling Dragon: "WTF."
    The rest of us: "Word."
    Swampoleon: "omg u gais r pestering me!!!1"
    Everyone and their mothers: "lols heres more idea threads!!111sixtytwo"
    Jax: "Uh, 'kay, so I saw all this going on in Writer's Lounge, and is anyone else getting annoyed?"
    liveitout: "I think idea threads are just there because people don't actually want to write.
    Jax: "...Are you ****ing serious?"
    Remus Lupin: "Yes. That too."
    Harry Potter: "What?"
    Remus Lupin: "Oops. Too much information."
    The rest of the FFL: "We can't stop these people from posting threads, but it's totally a problem. Seriously."
    Jax: "You know what? How about I just work on a plot bunny thread?"
    Bay: "Oh, by the way, Serebii covers all kinds of topics in their WL, whereas we try to dump all these topics into the FFL. That might be the problem."
    The rest of the FFL: "lulz, Serebii."
    solvino: "Hey, guys. 'Sup?"
    Kanto Lover: "Plz beta my fic here's the prologue?"
    The rest of us: "WTF, mates?"
    Astinus: "Oh, by the way, did anyone else notice how stupid some of these guides are? By the way, I'm also proposing we redo a lot of crap in this forum."
    The rest of us: "...YAY REWRITES!"
    Swampoleon: "U gaiz r meen!" *gives up*
    Us: "Finally."
    Breezy: "Hey, what's a destiny fic?"
    The rest of us: *Complex discussion on the nature of the above*
    Astinus: "Sorry guys, no revolution. My computer died."
    Everyone: "Aw . . ."
    Feign: "Let's all write stories about psychos!"
    Jax: *wandering back into the thread drunkenly* "I don't actually know where I am!"
    Everyone: *intake of breath*
    Someone: *says something particularly uninteresting or somewhat ontopic*
    Starfox: "I can't let you do that."
    Citrinin: "O BEE-TEE-DUBS, Sparkling Dragon, I notice LEGENDARIES."
    Sparkling Dragon: "YOU NOTICE NOTHING."
    Citrinin: "Oops. Misinterpretation, yes?"
    Sparkling Dragon: "YOU NOTICE NOTHING. PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN."
    Mika: "'Sup, guys?"
    Jax: "I'm still drunk."
    Mika: "Elvesmonkstortureevilwtforgy"
    Citrinin: "The voices... they[sic] are too many."
    Mika: Does Jax share those beverages she's procured? o3o
    Neo Groudon: Hi, I'm new here....Lulz
    Everyone: "Ghostbusters! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_O7yn0k8Fw" [that's right, we can pronounce URLs out loud now]
    Mika: Yeah... gunna need some beverages. And need to remind myself not to procrastinate. ~3~
    Neo Groudon:I'm against drinking so I'll just have some coke, oh yeah...... PROCRASTINATION!
    Neo Groudon: I'm doing it wrong XD
    Feign: *talking in a bad dub* "I am ninja master!"
    Neo Groudon: *Complains about keyboard problems*
    Jax: *Reassures Neo Groudon about some stuff*
    Neo Groudon: *
    Keeps the script moving along*
    Sparkling Dragon: *whines about people missing the point*
    Feign:"I'm stroking a pig's genitals, lol"
    Us: "I hope you realise what you just said . . ."

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    O_O Bestiality much?

*changes that*

Swampoleongaurdian [sic]: "lol hi guys this is a story thread that im posting in writer's lounge!"
    Us: "We're going to comment, assuming you're actually planning on writing this."
    Swampoleon: "lol jk gais heres another thread and another thread and another thread."
    Jax: "Uh, 'kay, so I saw all this going on in Writer's Lounge, and is anyone else getting annoyed?"
    liveitout: "I think idea threads are just there because people don't actually want to write.
    The rest of the FFL: "We can't stop these people from posting threads, but it's totally a problem. Seriously."
    Bay: "Oh, by the way, Serebii covers all kinds of topics in their WL, whereas we try to dump all these topics into the FFL. That might be the problem."
    Astinus: "Oh, by the way, did anyone else notice how stupid some of these guides are? By the way, I'm also proposing we redo a lot of crap in this forum."
    Jax: *wandering back into the thread drunkenly* "I don't actually know where I am!"
    Sparkling Dragon: "YOU NOTICE NOTHING. PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN."
    Everyone: "Ghostbusters! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_O7yn0k8Fw" [that's right, we can pronounce URLs out loud now]
    Mika: Yeah... gunna need some beverages. And need to remind myself not to procrastinate. ~3~
    Neo Groudon:I'm against drinking so I'll just have some coke, oh yeah...... PROCRASTINATION!
    Neo Groudon: *
    Keeps the script moving along*
    Feign:"Strokes Sparkling genitally"
    Feign:"Damn you Freud and your cigars!"

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Reminds me of that Freudian slip joke with the man asking his wife to have the salt pass to him, instead vehemently exclaiming that she ruined his life.

How about that not-so-kid-friendly one where the guy gets in an accident, goes to the doctor, smokes on the way there to calm his nerves, and ends up handing the doctor a cigar?

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • Yanno, this is getting less and less FFL-ish, and way more DCC. XD;

I shall therefore justify this place's existence with a fanfiction question. I was talking briefly about chapter length with SD earlier, and I was wondering, how long do you guys like to make your chapters? And do you conciously try to keep it within some limits?

EDIT: Double ninja'd in such a way that my comments become even more irrelevant. XD

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    How about that not-so-kid-friendly one where the guy gets in an accident, goes to the doctor, smokes on the way there to calm his nerves, and ends up handing the doctor a cigar?

Lol yeah I recall that one XD >.> Not the best thing to do in the world... Especially as it was burning up *shudders*

Yanno, this is getting less and less FFL-ish, and way more DCC. XD;

I shall therefore justify this place's existence with a fanfiction question. I was talking briefly about chapter length with SD earlier, and I was wondering, how long do you guys like to make your chapters? And do you conciously try to keep it within some limits?

EDIT: Double ninja'd in such a way that my comments become even more relevant. XD

For a chaptered fic, I'd want minimum 2000 words I think, but I'd want to go for a lot more.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Yanno, this is getting less and less FFL-ish, and way more DCC. XD;

You mean it wasn't before? XD

Five pages at the very minimum and twenty-three at the very maximum -- the latter only if I'm on a roll. However, I like to aim for an average of twelve to fourteen pages. Otherwise, people get intimidated by the length. I've actually asked the FFL a question about preferred page length once, and a lot of them said that, yeah, they tend not to read something over X many pages long.

(However, I really don't care about how long one-shots should be. I figure when it's done, it's done.)

EDIT: Double ninja'd in such a way that my comments become even more relevant. XD

O RLY? XD Your post has something to do with cigars and doctors, then?

Shrike Flamestar

The Invisible!
    Years
  • Man I feel so guilty now. This is all my fault! If I had just read everything for myself and not been so lazy this chaos never would have begun!

Oh hey, I saw something about some more disturbing stuff way up there. Gotta love that disturbing stuff. I need to finish my horror, um, two-shot. First part was plenty disturbing and hopefully the second part will be just as much. I think we need to talk about disturbing stuff more often, ya know?

Also, I just love how many posts were made while I wrote this. Around ten I think. WTF, people?

How long do you guys like to make your chapters?
    About 14 to 20 pages, or perhaps even longer sometimes. As in the currently in progress TRINITY chapter...

Misheard Whisper

Years
  • Swampoleongaurdian [sic]: "lol hi guys this is a story thread that im posting in writer's lounge!"
    Neo Groudon: *Keeps the script moving along*
    Feign: "Strokes Sparkles genitally"
    Feign: "Damn you Freud and your cigars!"
    Sparkling Dragon: *slaps* "Keep your hands to yourself!"

And if you insist on being rude, at least get my name right. Calling me Sparkling makes me feel like a bottle of bubbles!

lol. Interesting.
    Yanno, this is getting less and less FFL-ish, and way more DCC. XD;
    'Yanno'? o_O
    I already answered this (duh) but I go for about 3000 words, these days, although I have been known to go shorter for impact. And Citrinin, no justification is needed. This place does not exist. *wiggles fingers* This isn't the FFL you're looking for.

And Shrike, 14-20?!?! That's about 3 or 4 times the size of my chapters! How do you fit all that in one post? Torn was 19 pages, and it was well over the limit.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • Valentine said:
    You mean it wasn't before? XD
    Heh, true - but at least we had bolded topics and the like. :P

Valentine said:
    O RLY? XD Your post has something to do with cigars and doctors, then
    Ack. XD; I meant "irrelevant". Opposite meanings shouldn't be so close together. XDD;

12-14 pages. @_@; Mine are usually about 5-7. :P

Shrike Flamestar

The Invisible!
    Years
  • If the chapter is around 16 or less it tends to fit in one post, perhaps with me needing to shorten my author's notes. Past that I have to start splitting the chapter into multiple posts, usually finding a convenient scene break or inserting one if need be and then just posting the second part immediately after the first. It can be sort of annoying, but...yeah.

I could split some of these longer chapters up into smaller ones, but I just don't like doing that. In this current chapter it almost entirely deals with the escape of Tashima and Havoc from CYPHER, leading up to their encounter with a resistance group. It has two distinct parts, the first being the flying part until they land, and then the second being the ground part until they meat up with a new character, Zeta, who leads them to the resistance. I thought about perhaps splitting this chapter and other similar ones that have distinct parts into multiple chapters, but in my opinion neither half works well on their own. They have to go together and be read at once, splitting them up without a major rewrite to make them less dependent on each other would just seem awkward and break the flow.

Unfortunately this length is one of the reasons it takes me so long to get chapters out -_- I hope to finish this one before I move though...

Misheard Whisper

Years
  • at least we can hold hands and join in the spiritual feeling of going wheres the fish Some peeps write reeeeeally long chapters. If it's good, it doesn't put me off, but if it's 15 pages of crap, then I won't read it. At all. And longer chapters make reviewing harder. I'm working on a skim-review of AEM btw, and I'll review chapter by chapter once I catch up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back