• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    Eh, possibly. But I would've thought that would be compensated by the quality of posts here, which is essentially a standard here.

Bay

Years
    Are you a speed reader? How fast can you finish a 700 page book?
    I'm a very slow reader so it would take me maybe a week at most to finish a 700 page book if I have a lot of free time. Took me a month to read Ayn Rynd's The Fountainhead and four days to finish the seventh Harry Potter book (gosh I'm slow reading that book compared to you guys :O )

How often do you rep posts in the Fanfiction section?
    Rarely. To tell the truth, I don't see what's the point in reps. One thing, sometimes it can be abused, whether it be a flamer/troll or someone having their friends help him/her get a good reputation. Another thing is someone who has a good reputation might brag about it. I can understand good posts should be recognized, but still. Good posts can still be commented on VMs and PMs well enough.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    @Bay: Fair enough - there are a lot of people who think like that as well, and it's an internally consistent philosophy. Perhaps there's just a greater proportion of people, like you, who don't rep at all/very much across all forums in the PFF&P?

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    I don't see the point really. A lot of people abuse the system. I'm probably going to hide my rep if it reaches -1.

Bay

Years
    I don't see the point really. A lot of people abuse the system. I'm probably going to hide my rep if it reaches -1.
    That's another reason why I'm not into this rep thing. There are some people who will be ashamed of their rep if it goes negative and I don't like seeing that.

And Citrinin, there's probably those lot that rarely give rep. Those that do probably give a lot to their friends.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    I suppose that's fair enough. I give out +rep every time I see a post that I like, whether I like the poster or not. I've given it out quite a few times in the PFF&P section, including for fics themselves.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I've given good rep to really help advise, and bad rep to trolls, even then I have hardly given any. I've been given some strange ones though XD

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
    I'm not a particularly fast reader, at least when I want to properly enjoy what I'm reading. I read the fifth Harry Potter book in four days, though obviously not all of those four days was spent reading - usually I can't read for extremely long periods of time in one sitting. When reading something I'm not that invested in enjoying properly, though, I can be reasonably fast.

I don't think I've ever done so, primarily because PC is the only forum I go to where the reputation system is actually enabled and I tend to forget it exists.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    I keep getting grey reps, some of which, it seems, are supposed to be negative, and some positive. I really don't get the whole grey thing.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I keep getting grey reps, some of which, it seems, are supposed to be negative, and some positive. I really don't get the whole grey thing.

Apparently they are given by people who have under 15 posts. Also I think some of them might be as a result of moderator interception, but as to that I am unsure.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    I've only have one grey rep. And it had no comment. So yeah, I have no idea whether it was supposed to be positive or negative. XD;

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    I read too fast for my allowance to keep up with, so I usually end up reading books again for lack of anything else to do

Y'know, there's these amazing things called "libraries"...

My normal reading speed could probably get me through a 700 page book in 18~24 hours.

Never. I actually don't give out much rep anyways.

Oh, and guys...if you ever decide to steal art for some reason, I'd recommend not stealing art with the ORIGINAL CREATOR'S SIGNATURE ON IT.

Last edited:

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013

Never. End of story. xD (Also, woohoo, fic-related name change!)

Y'know, there's these amazing things called "libraries"...

...But sometimes libraries aren't always accessible at seven in the morning.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back