• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feign

Clain
Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Indeed. XD

It took me a day or two to realise that. XD You are fast.

That reminds me of Kino's Journey. Sekai wa utsukushiku nanka nai. Soshite sore yueni utsukushii.The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
    This, in my opinion, is sig-worthy too. XD

I believe it took me mere seconds to find out that people here was insane... because I was able to fit in... amirite? XD That and I know how the internet works. That is to say... it doesn't, and never will...

Well to add to more confusions, "The world is not beautiful, therefore it is" makes perfect logical sense to me... Not sure the same for others...

That's why I don't really understand people that have or want power (no I don't mean lowly moderator positions :P, but rather like corporate kind or political kind wanting to expand). Sure one might be interested in money to survive, but when does it become excessive? What does having that much money prove? Furthermore, those corporations or politicians that want to expand at the expense of others, why is it important to them? Mortality is something everyone will encounter... Is it that they want to have their legacy continued? Or do they just want to be in control?

Lol this topic may seem pointless, but I think it will help develop one of my characters in my fic (once I get around to actually finishing that darned chapter!).

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Pfft, took me a few seconds to realise it and not like it.

And then a few weeks to get in the rhythm of madness (damn, I hate that word).

Yeah, we've probably permanently damaged you, haven't we? Sorry buddy.

Anyway, the world's beauty comes from its imperfection. The shade reveals the sunshine and all that.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Yeah, we've probably permanently damaged you, haven't we? Sorry buddy.

Anyway, the world's beauty comes from its imperfection. The shade reveals the sunshine and all that.

DAMAGE? OHOHOHOHOHO IT'S NOT DAMAGE. IT'S GOOD MEMORIES. AND SCARS. BUT GOOD MEMORIES, I THINK MORE.

Yes, but the world's beauty reveals the imprefections lying underneath. You can't see cracks without light.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    ...Well, that conversation made perfect sense. xD Anyway, yes, I think we've all been scarred for life/elevated to a higher state of mind from being in the FFL community, depending on how you want to look at it.

Spearow

mr. nobody
    Years
  • Yes, but the world's beauty reveals the imprefections lying underneath. You can't see cracks without light.

I don't think anything in the world can be classed neatly into either "beauty" or "imperfection".

When writing about tragedy events (in this case, it's the sinking of a ship), what makes these scenes so "tragic"?

Well, let's take a look at James Cameron's "Titanic". We have lots of crying children, distressed poor people, and a pair of star-crossed lovers. Voila!

Unless DiCaprio doesn't do it for you and you want to go for something a little less melodramatic, in which case I have no usefully specific advice for you. :(

EDIT: Okay, actually I will be more helpful than that. Human beings in distress, generally on the path towards a certain unhappy end that at some point becomes inevitable. That's the meat of most tragedy. And as a general rule individual plights tend to strike the audience more immediately and viscerally than "the big picture" can. So focusing on the details of what happens to one or two characters, preferably ones who are already familiar to the audience, would probably be a solid plan.

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    While it is often times better to use a character that people are familiar with, it is possible to develop a new character that the viewer/reader may like as well.

For example:

A character is introduced, Charlie Black (just trying not to use something generic), he gets up out of bed, and opens the curtains revealing a bright sunrise, the man is smiling, as though ready for a new day. Suddenly he hears his baby boy crying via the baby monitor, and quickly goes to the nursery room to calm the child.

"Mamma will be home soon, little one" He says softly, cradling the baby, rocking her back and forth.

He puts the baby back in its crib, and goes to get the bottle. He slides masterfully down the stairs, obviously used... He turns towards the kitchen, and yells in surprise.

"Mary! You're home! I didn't even hear the door open." He yelled. He proceeded towards her his warm open arms readying a hug. He caressed her.

A sharp pain followed, he staggered backwards shocked by the sudden pain. He looked at his wife, she was holding a knife. He attempted to articulate some words, but fell instead. Breathing heavily he only looked up as his wife walked passed him.

The baby was crying again... The mother smiled as she looked upstairs...

(okay well that was a fast attempt :P)

Spearow

mr. nobody
    Years
  • How do I know Charlie Black isn't an abusive husband, adopting a cheerful and optimistic personality the morning after last night's alcohol-fueled rampage in order to soothe his guilt? Maybe his wife is killing him out of desperation, to protect her child. She smiles because she feels things can only get better.

actually that might make a pretty cool story

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Lol good point XD (I suppose because the story is so lack lustre, it can be pretty subjective).

I had intended her (at the end of the story) to look as though she was about to stab the baby next... A sort of over the top PTSD, if you will...

Though perhaps I could have abated the drunken theory by saying more or less that he got out of bed, without a problem (of course this doesn't stop him from still potentially being abusive). Perhaps I can prevent that, by describing the wife currently, as looking angelic? XD

Bay

Years
  • Well, let's take a look at James Cameron's "Titanic". We have lots of crying children, distressed poor people, and a pair of star-crossed lovers. Voila!

Unless DiCaprio doesn't do it for you and you want to go for something a little less melodramatic, in which case I have no usefully specific advice for you. :(

EDIT: Okay, actually I will be more helpful than that. Human beings in distress, generally on the path towards a certain unhappy end that at some point becomes inevitable. That's the meat of most tragedy. And as a general rule individual plights tend to strike the audience more immediately and viscerally than "the big picture" can. So focusing on the details of what happens to one or two characters, preferably ones who are already familiar to the audience, would probably be a solid plan.
    That Titanic is lame. There's one other Titanic movie with lots of flashbacks and a rapping dog. That one is more tragic. :P

(if any of you gets this reference, I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!)

If your character found himself/herself as someone of the opposite gender, how would they react?
    If that happens, then the whole story of NE will change. Instead of two girls and one guy, there will be two guys and one girl and those two guys will fight over that one girl (with a hint of "destiny" thrown in). :P

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • If your character found himself/herself as someone of the opposite gender, how would they react?
    Lisa would freak out. All those cute dresses she had bought for herself would now be useless and she might be forced to wear *GASP!* pants! OHNOEZ! On the other hand, as a guy her fascination with classic cars would be more understandable.

But yeah, overall she would not be cool with the idea.

Dagzar

The Dreamer
    Years
  • If your character found himself/herself as someone of the opposite gender, how would they react?
    Leah would think it was a dream and casually continue whatever 'he' was doing. Ed and Ally would probably freak out and go on the Quest to Change Their Genders Back. William, and probably Danny, would go try to find the Pokemon who was obviously hypnotizing them. And Blue would go to bed, bitterly hoping that it would turn back to normal the next day.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    That Titanic is lame. There's one other Titanic movie with lots of flashbacks and a rapping dog. That one is more tragic. :P

(if any of you gets this reference, I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!)
    OH GOD THAT VERSION IS THE BEST VERSION EVER!

I still have no idea what is up with those talking cats and those Mexican rats.

It is the "real historically true" telling of the story.

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
    Years
  • I must come here more often. Stupid parents grounding me >:[

Your character is stuck in an elevator. What Macgyver-ish, or realistic, way would your character utilise to escape the elevator?

Shayla: *whistles while busting the door open easily* Well, that was easy

Alice: *Rolls eyes at Shayla* Idiot

Jasper: *chuckles at both Shayla and Alice*

Bella: Okay, whatever. Bust the door down.

Too lazy to do the rest :P

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • That's why I don't really understand people that have or want power (no I don't mean lowly moderator positions :P, but rather like corporate kind or political kind wanting to expand). Sure one might be interested in money to survive, but when does it become excessive? What does having that much money prove? Furthermore, those corporations or politicians that want to expand at the expense of others, why is it important to them? Mortality is something everyone will encounter... Is it that they want to have their legacy continued? Or do they just want to be in control?
    From a psychological standpoint, acumulationg wealth is something that humans do almost instinctively. Remember when you were a kid, then when you saved up all those coins, and watched it accumulate. There was a certain excitement that encouraged you to collect more, and more. The same is also true for those addictive flash games that work on a point-based system, and the old 8-bit games where you were rewarded points. Heck, everyone likes to see wealth accumulate. It's just human nature. The only way to avoid this, is to think logically on what good money does after your death...

Lolphilosophicaltopic.

Without the Dark, what is Light? That's the beauty of Kino's Journey. XD

I must come here more often. Stupid parents grounding me >:[
    Awww, sorry to hear that, but you should respect your parents. They're only thinking of your well-being, unless of course, they're crazy, but that's another story all together.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    From a psychological standpoint, acumulationg wealth is something that humans do almost instinctively. Remember when you were a kid, then when you saved up all those coins, and watched it accumulate. There was a certain excitement that encouraged you to collect more, and more. The same is also true for those addictive flash games that work on a point-based system, and the old 8-bit games where you were rewarded points. Heck, everyone likes to see wealth accumulate. It's just human nature. The only way to avoid this, is to think logically on what good money does after your death...

Lolphilosophicaltopic.

Ah yes there is the reward portion of the brain, that it feels good to do something when that part of the brain is activated, which is most likely to occur as a "reward" to having sex (ie reproducing and continuing the human species).

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
  • Bfff... I need to get on more. Stupid math homework.

If your character found himself/herself as someone of the opposite gender, how would they react?

Holly would take a look in the mirror, then at herself, then in the mirror again and say something like; "Oh gawd, I'm a boy. That's no fun... I like wearing dresses to parties."
    So basically she would be completely indifferent on the matter.

Darkrai would roll his eyes and think to himself something that goes like this; Now after angering Arceus beyond control, ripping Celebi in half, nearly being killed, being marooned in this dimension, trapped in an elevator and transformed into a girl, I can conclude that Comet~* ahem, the universe has something against me. Damn it.
    ...Did you almost think Comet~* out loud? Whaaaaaa! You don't like me. T_T.
    "...How can you read my thoughts?"
    ...Uh... because I wrote them?
    "So in other words you made me 'almost think Comet~* out loud' in that context?"
    Shut up. I'm your numbah one fan so deal with it.
    "Can you make Cresselia die in this fanfic?"
    *Spoilermoment* Yesssss... and I will! MWA HA HA!
    "...Just as I thought. This was incorrectly called the fanfiction lounge in an effort to make people feel better about themselves. However, this is most certainly PC's insanisilum. But what do I know? I'm just a random fanfic character Darkrai that Comet~* made up."

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Bfff... I need to get on more. Stupid math homework.

Holly would take a look in the mirror, then at herself, then in the mirror again and say something like; "Oh gawd, I'm a boy. That's no fun... I like wearing dresses to parties."
    So basically she would be completely indifferent on the matter.

Darkrai would roll his eyes and think to himself something that goes like this; Now after angering Arceus beyond control, ripping Celebi in half, nearly being killed, being marooned in this dimension, trapped in an elevator and transformed into a girl, I can conclude that Comet~* ahem, the universe has something against me. Damn it.
    ...Did you almost think Comet~* out loud? Whaaaaaa! You don't like me. T_T.
    "...How can you read my thoughts?"
    ...Uh... because I wrote them?
    "So in other words you made me 'almost think Comet~* out loud' in that context?"
    Shut up. I'm your numbah one fan so deal with it.
    "Can you make Cresselia die in this fanfic?"
    *Spoilermoment* Yesssss... and I will! MWA HA HA!
    "...Just as I thought. This was incorrectly called the fanfiction lounge in an effort to make people feel better about themselves. However, this is most certainly PC's insanisilum. But what do I know? I'm just a random fanfic character Darkrai that Comet~* made up."

No, it's just that the FFL has gained a reputation for...less than sane acts. And so more and more insane people come.

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
    Years
  • Awww, sorry to hear that, but you should respect your parents. They're only thinking of your well-being, unless of course, they're crazy, but that's another story all together.

Yeah I know. But I think a week grounding from the laptop (where I keep all my fanfics) is a bit much for one little mistake :/ Meh, oh well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back