• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Well that gave me an idea it's been done here before.

Mika: Resuscitate the FFL now! Do it! *takes out paddles threateningly*
    Feign: I'd much rather complain about essays, seems the only thing I'm good at.
    Everyone else: SHUT UP with your stupid essays.
    Feign: *writes and doesn't complain until next due date*

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    I guess my only concern with a FanFic of the month is that it'd become a popularity thing that was judged based on who's cool and who's not *cough* like motm*cough* within the section and not on the actual writing caliber or the product up for nomination. How would you assure us Asty that there wouldn't be some re-dee-koo-lush nonsense like that? :o
    Well, that was the point of the nomination process. To deter people from voting for their friends fics a la popularity contest. Hopefully, it'll help, by a bit. Hopefully.

What is the weirdest way you've overcome writer's block?
    Blinking very fast consecutively for a few seconds then shutting my eyes and looking at the pretty colors that appear. XD

On an unrelated note,
    HOLY FRAK IT'S THE PLANET MARS AND THE MOON! I CAN SEE IT, I CAN FRIGGIN SEE IT! HOLY CARP! HOLY CARP! HOLY CARP! IMMA TAKIN PICTURES RIGHT NOW. THIS IS AN ASTRONOMY NERDS DREAM! :333333

*ahem* Now that I've regained my composure.

Yes! 1000th Post and I reported an awesome astronomical phenomenon. :3
    This'll keep me happy for the rest of the night. :3

txteclipse

The Last
    Years

Thinking of the weirdest, most out-of-place thing that could happen in my fic. Hence one of my characters being eaten.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    By becoming a dictator and controlling every vote that comes in.

QFT

Go Astinus.

And now because those three words would probably get me in trouble for bypassing the word limit; I'm going to answer an old topic that I missed in my absence.

Any New Year's Resolutions that have to do with writing?

Yes, while chatting with Shrike Flamestar he said something about how even if it takes him months, he keeps on writing to finish a chapter.

That kinda inspired me to open office. Once there it all just started flowing. I got 1,200 words typed in about an hour.

I think that officially counts as me breaking my writes block that I've had for like a year.

Even though it was after January 1st. I resolved to (try to) write 2,500 words a week. (weekly progress bar in sig).

We will see how it goes. I have to write just under 700 more words between now and Saturday at midnight to accomplish my first weeks goal.

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    By becoming a dictator and controlling every vote that comes in.

Good. I approve. Tho I thought you were already a dictator. :< are you now a fascist dictator or a Communist one or what?

Believe it or not, I rain danced. Up and down the hallways of my highschool. It was to hope for a snow day but it broke my writer's block with an rp. Which also happened today.

edit: LOL BEATEN BY A BOLD TOPIC. XD

I really really struggle in both my fanfiction and my roleplaying with just getting from Prolouge to Point A. Normally I've got everything planned from Point A forward but I get incredibly frustrated trying to simply get to friggen point A. I don't know if my plots are just simply too complicated or if this is an elementary problem I'm facing but it's ruined every last one of my roleplays and pieces of fanfiction expect that thing we won't mention... Beyblade crossovers should NEVER be written and...yeah. Any advice at all? I really want to get a good fanfic going this year; I'm unable to continue school til the fall and I've nothing else to do ;_;

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023

Not starting/finishing an essay the day before it is due. Though it seems I've already broken that one... Twice over... XD

Though I have a 3rd essay due eventually, and I'd like to work on it this weekend if I can, to which, this would probably translate to "I want to do something else, and don't feel like working on it."

If they had pills specifically for procrastination, I'd have a year's supply, regardless of the potential symptoms (save for impotence >.>).

Buoysel

Years
    edit: LOL BEATEN BY A BOLD TOPIC. XD

Its an old topic that I answered to avoid the minimum character count.

EDIT:

Feign said:
    If they had pills specifically for procrastination, I'd have a year's supply, regardless of the potential symptoms (save for impotence >.>).

If they came out with those I would just put off going and getting 'em.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Lol :P (just like how everyone neglects to meet at the procrastination meeting? amirite? XD)

Well I'm incompetent, but at least I get it done... eventually...

Like how it took me like two months or something to eventually get going to the doctors to find out about my one itchy ear.

Or how I finally got my tattoo in Australia...

Man... I feel like a politician...

Buoysel

Years
    Lol :P (just like how everyone neglects to meet at the procrastination meeting? amirite? XD)

Well I'm incompetent, but at least I get it done... eventually...

Like how it took me like two months or something to eventually get going to the doctors to find out about my one itchy ear.

Or how I finally got my tattoo in Australia...

Man... I feel like a politician...

... or how its taken me almost 18 months to write chapter 4 of my fic. >.>

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    To heck with impotence (I hope I didn't just Jinx myself, not that I believe in stuff like that. :/), I'd take those pills in a heartbeat. I really need to stop procrastinating.

Wait, they already have a herb that does the same thing as the miracle non-procrastination drug.
    Centella Asiatica (i.e. Gotu Kola)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centella_asiatica
    Wikipedia said:

Medicinal effects

Gotu kola is a mild adaptogen, is mildly antibacterial, anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, anti-ulcerogenic, anxiolytic, a cerebral tonic, a circulatory stimulant, a diuretic, nervine and vulnerary.[5][6]

When eaten raw as a salad leaf, pegaga is thought to help maintain youthfulness. In Thailand cups with gotu kola leaves are used as an afternoon pick me up.[7] A decoction of juice from the leaves is thought to relieve hypertension. This juice is also used as a general tonic for good health. A poultice of the leaves is also used to treat open sores.

Richard Lucas claimed in a book published in 1966 [8](second edition in 1979) that a subspecies "Hydrocotyle asiatica minor" allegedly from Sri Lanka also called "Fo ti tieng", contained a longevity factor called 'youth Vitamin X' said to be 'a tonic for the brain and endocrine glands' and maintained that extracts of the plant help circulation and skin problems.[9] However according to medicinal herbalist Michael Moore, it appears that there is no such subspecies and no Vitamin X is known to exist.[10] Nonetheless some of the cerebral circulatory and dermatological actions claimed from centella (as hydrocotyle) have a solid basis.

Several scientific reports have documented Centella asiatica's ability to aid wound healing, which is responsible for its traditional use in leprosy. Upon treatment with Centella asiatica, maturation of the scar is stimulated by the production of type I collagen. The treatment also results in a marked decrease in inflammatory reaction and myofibroblast production[11].

The isolated steroids from the plant have been used to treat leprosy.[12][13] In addition, preliminary evidence suggests that it may have nootropic effects.[14] Centella asiatica increase attention span and concentration is used to re-vitalize the brain and nervous system, [15], and combat aging.[14] Centella asiatica also has anti-oxidant properties.[5] It works for venous insufficiency.[16] It is used in Thailand for opium detoxification.
    I have taken this in salad. XD

Edit: Ninja'd twice!

157 said:
    Or how It took me 4 months, more or less, to restart my fic.

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013

could be worse.

You could write 10 pages of a 15 page paper in one sitting >>;;;

<<;;;;

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Lol, I think I'm going a bit on 8 months now, for just my 2nd chapter, I do have it half finished though. It's quite sad really, even I don't feel the mood to write it. Not that it isn't a good story, just that I am quite particular when it comes to being in the write mood to write a fanfic.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    Lol, I think I'm going a bit on 8 months now, for just my 2nd chapter, I do have it half finished though. It's quite sad really, even I don't feel the mood to write it. Not that it isn't a good story, just that I am quite particular when it comes to being in the write mood to write a fanfic.
    I know how you feel. I just have to be 'in the mood' to write. If not it feels forced and it's not much fun. D:

Fanfiction Lounge

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    To heck with impotence (I hope I didn't just Jinx myself, not that I believe in stuff like that. :/), I'd take those pills in a heartbeat. I really need to stop procrastinating.

Wait, they already have a herb that does the same thing as the miracle non-procrastination drug.
    Centella Asiatica (i.e. Gotu Kola)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centella_asiatica

I have taken this in salad. XD

Edit: Ninja'd twice!

Or how It took me 4 months, more or less, to restart my fic.

Hmmm interesting... XD *checks local market and herb/vitamin shop*

could be worse.

You could write 10 pages of a 15 page paper in one sitting >>;;;

<<;;;;

I get the feeling you've done that... XD I suppose right after that you were not only scare, frustrated, depressed, relieved, elated, giddy and confused but had no time for sleep...

I remember right after doing an essay at early in the morning, once I finished I used facebook, and was still typing in the same formal essay speech, which didn't help even more, that it was required to be in first person, which I am not used to either...

ASTY: Can we rename this forum "Procrastinator's anonymous", it would seem rather befitting. XD

King!

better
    Years

Yeah. That's definitely my problem. I have to be in the mood. My problem is that it's a roleplay. :/

Do you find it easier to write personal narritives, or fiction?

Last edited:

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    Do you find it easier to right personal narritives, or fiction?

>-> personal naratives can go STRAIGHT BACK TO HELL.

I like fiction. When I can get past the prolouge.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I've still got my other fic idea I'd like to develop, it is sort of like an OT fic, but doesn't start off in the usual fashion, and there won't be any gym battles... It is more like an innocent (as in unlearned/viringisitic/as in the lamb (cp. lion)) kid, having an adventure with a pokemon, without a care in the world...

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    I've still got my other fic idea I'd like to develop, it is sort of like an OT fic, but doesn't start off in the usual fashion, and there won't be any gym battles... It is more like an innocent (as in unlearned/viringisitic/as in the lamb (cp. lion)) kid, having an adventure with a pokemon, without a care in the world...
    And I've got my Darker Than Black fic idea on Havoc. If you don't know who she is, well suffice to say that her power(if you've watched DTB) is to create vacuums, and her obeisance is drinking the blood of children. Fun times.

Buoysel

Years
    Do you find it easier to right personal narritives, or fiction?

Fiction: I don't have to remember details, I can make them up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back