• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
  • When I review, I'm far too nice and sugar-coating for my own taste. I try to be more straightforward, I try to be more, y'know, blunt, but in the end, I just can't do it. I'm a wuss. That's just how it is. v_v;

Also, yeah. I almost rather take nothing than one-liners. I mean, it's not that hard to write a full paragraph. It's not like I'm asking for a ten-page essay on my fic or something.

Also, I do have a Skype account. I also have a headset to use said account. The only problem is that I'm pretty much scared senseless of speaking any English to a native speaker, although I've recently had some training with my British friends. So, while I would probably join the fun for old times' sake, I'd probably be waaayyyyyyy more silent than I have ever been here, even counting the six months during which I didn't say a word over here. >_>

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • Mmm... may I be forgetting something?
    Oh, yeah the part where I say Hi people, I'm back!
    clip_image001.gif
    OMG, yay! Sol's back, now the party can really get started. :D

We were worried, I think, so I overreacted for everyone's sake. ;D
    Good morning/afternoon/night/whatever and welcome to the Fanfictoin Lounge Call Center for the Preservation of Insanity Department of Redundance.
    Dial "1" to request for assistance on the canonicity of any aspect of Pokémon that you may need.
    Dial "2" to enter a discussion on how the recent naming of Copernicium affects the application of sci-fi to fiction works.
    Dial "3" to discuss how the forelimbs of Latios and Latias are named.
    Dial "5" to comment on the exact mechanics of the move Beat Up.
    Dial "8" to enter a poll on review styles. Try not to flame if the results do not please you.
    Dial the hidden 4-digit number (we won't tell you which one) to enter the "Role play in the Post Titles" Adventure.
    Dial "0" to pop up and join to the off-topicness.
    Dial "[b]" if you want to create a new Bold Topic.
    Dial "6 9 6 9 6 9" to have Redstar argue with a FFL member of your choice.
    Dial "*" to have a random member of the FFL randomly pop up after a random time of inactivity for a random reason. It may randomly not work.
    Dial "M" for Monkey.
    Or, just press " ℵ " and hold on the line to reach a human operator.

Meanwhile, enjoy the music.

Music from the Ipanema Evelator MST3K starts rolling...
    Dials 2.

Apparently, the only benefit I see from this is that we now have a name for an element that combines weakly with Gold. Good news for all you FMA fanfictioneers. XD

I've lampshaded it at least once. Not that I don't like it -- actually, I find those occurrences to be fundamental to a discussion Lounge among other things because for a discussion to be complete IMHO not only all perspectives must berepresented, but also all vectors. Not that I don't find them funny either, that is, when the FFL isn't temporarily closed as a result.
    Actually, I rather enjoy it when Redstar inadvertently starts an argument or if people are just naturally inclined to start an argument with Redstar. Either way, if it doesn't escalate into a flame-war, both parties make pretty interesting reading material in their bid to be victor. Lol.

Yeah. I'd never show my parents or my friends the fics I do. Heck, for the most part I don't show them any of the web work I do It's not that I don't trust them, it's just I don't trust people, not in this particular subject.
    Heck, I rarely show anyone anything anymore –that relates to the net.
    Also again, guys, we're going to hit the 15Kth post soon. Just wanted people to notice, since the 11Kth to 14Kth milestones haven't been celebrated.
    One of the most awesome and oldest threads in PC is finally limping into its 15Kth. Heck yeah!
    15 more posts as of this one.XD

Yeah, seems to most of the time. But I didn't even do anything this time... He just started complaining about my text and I haven't found anything wrong with it.
    Apart from the mysterious color tags which I'm not quite sure of how it got there in the first place.

Well when I review I do one liners if I like it 70-85% I'll do a long bit about why I like it if I liked it 85-100% If I didn't like it I'll write a bit on why I didn't like it, but if it's really bad, like 10% bad, I might not even dignify it with a response. I once saw somebody posted a "Story" which was only 1 paragraph long. Well actually it was 3 sentences so that shouldn't even be counted as a paragraph...
    Actually, when it's really bad, you should do an intervention. Making mistakes is occasionally not okay since if you'll never improve if you're not corrected and you'll continue making the same mistakes.

600 pages? My computer is currently on page 750.
    How?O_o

Also, I do have a Skype account. I also have a headset to use said account. The only problem is that I'm pretty much scared senseless of speaking any English to a native speaker, although I've recently had some training with my British friends. So, while I would probably join the fun for old times' sake, I'd probably be waaayyyyyyy more silent than I have ever been here, even counting the six months during which I didn't say a word over here. >_>
    I can get where you're coming from. I'm not even European and English is not my natural language. I get nervous when talking to English people since in Malaysia people considered my English to be good to the point of them thinking I was being arrogant(which I'm not, to a certain extent), but here, I can't really get past the accents and such.

Since I'm feeling generous. Bold topic.

My PokemansOCs, let me show you them! Yeah, just show off any OCs that you've created so some of us might get interested in reading your fanfic. Non-Pokemon OCs welcome. A short bio, RP style, would also benefit you.

Last edited:

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • Mizan de la Plume Kuro said:
    OMG, yay! Sol's back, now the party can really get started. :D

We were worried, I think, so I overreacted for everyone's sake. ;D

...And how I'm supposed to interpret that? XD

Anyways, I hope you weren't too worried, people.

Mizan said:
    Buoysel said:
    600 pages? My computer is currently on page 750.
    How?O_o
    Profile, somewhere, "number of posts per page". Here I see page 570, for example.

Also An-chan and Mizan, I share your pain, English is not my first language. I've been actually told by some people (txteclipse here, for example) that they're surprised with my level of written English after they learn I'm Latam, but my spoken English on the other hand seems to be getting worse with time, as I have no one to talk (good) English to. A FFL cabal like that of "24" Season 7 may help me with that and most surely it will be fun, but I'll leave the choice between screams of agony and simple words to you all :D

¿Bold Topic? I'll wait for someone to post theirs first in the meanwhile I collect the one I've been was working on these last months. It's the only notable human character in Sixth anyways, and that being Pokémon-centric there's not much to say in the story, so a sort of Bio here may be the most proper way to introduced the character.

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • My OCs, let me show you them! Yeah, just show off any OCs that you've created so some of us might get interested in reading your fanfic. Non-Pokemon OCs welcome. A short bio, RP style, would also benefit you.

So far, all of my characters have been OCs. As in, eeevvvery single one of them. Of course, I did write a set of tiny stories about Bebe, but seeing as how she has a total of three lines or so in the whole canon, I'mma go ahead and call her an OC, too. I mean, yeah, I've taken her name, her profession, her accent in the Japanese versions, all the three lines she utters, and her sprite (which is the battle girl one, wutwut) and formed all that into a coherent character. In an upcoming fic, she will be featured as a major character together with Roark. So, yeah. In the future, not all of my characters will be OCs, but for the while being, they all are.

And I'm not posting profiles for Cimi, Adan, Rora, Jack, Mari, Lilian, April, Raymond, Sora-chan, Usa-chan, Suzanne, Marcus, and the rest of the cast in my three big fics. And that's leaving out the one-shots I've done. *shakes head* Nooope. It would take me forever and end up in tl;dr. Also, I don't think a mere character profile should be the thing that gets you to read a given fic. While I do think characters are very important, the whole finesse of them comes up when they interact with other characters. Thus, only showing you one wouldn't do me much good.

But, to get you interested: Jack Killigan is a ten-year-old boy from the region Voitto. He's just like your average ten-year-old kid in the Pokémon world: he wants to have some adventures, he has endless amounts of energy, he loves Pokémon, he thinks he can manage by himself, he's pretty unlucky, and his dad is dead. You know, the standard stuff. His mother, however, doesn't think he can manage by himself. So, when he leaves, his mum April - who doesn't really a know a thing about Pokémon or a trainer's journey - comes with him. Jack does not think that's funny, but, frankly, it is.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • . . . I've never seen a fic where the main character's mother goes along with them before. Wow.

Also, I've come up with a random plot bunny that I'm gonna write after Artificial. A teenage boy with another person's personality stuck in his head (kind of complicated - they share the brain and converse via thoughts etc. Problem is, she hates his guts and is a sadistic bitc you-know what.) has to save the universe from Father Time gone wrong (his left hand has turned all tentacle-y).

Yes, the concept for this came from a sketch I was doing in History today. Everybody nearby was like 'lolwut'.

Actually, it goes back earlier. I was in Classics, and I was about to start drawing his left hand. Someone suggested I give him a hook for a hand, so I jokingly did. Somebody else was like 'Hey, that looks like a tentacle!' (it kinda did, tbh) so I added several more. Also, he wears a hood that's completely shaded in underneath except for two dots I erased, so now he looks like a Shy Guy from Mario. Hehe.

And he has this epic staff-thing with a clock on top that has glowy Roman numerals floating around it.

So yeah, that's the ridiculously long and pointless backstory for where that came from. The other half of the concept comes from a long-running joke (?) between myself and a few of my friends (real and imaginary).

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • My PokemansOCs, let me show you them! Yeah, just show off any OCs that you've created so some of us might get interested in reading your fanfic. Non-Pokemon OCs welcome. A short bio, RP style, would also benefit you.

Umm. Technically all of my characters are OC's, of course barring physical design when it comes to pokémon. I think. Yeah.

I have drawrings of a key! Sorry for epic bigness.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Akustar

Isn't it sad?
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2013
    The concept of a mother trailing a trainer is simply TOO funny to not read; especially for those of us with similar mothers. :laugh:

I popped at the first two chapters, and I'm already chuckling.

Anyways, I really like reading stories with OCs, as long as they're not archetypal characters. They're what make fics interesting because we can't really fashion new settings or new Pokemon. Not to mention everything that has been possible to do, the canon characters have probably ALREADY done.

Dagzar

The Dreamer
    Years
  • My PokemansOCs, let me show you them! Yeah, just show off any OCs that you've created so some of us might get interested in reading your fanfic. Non-Pokemon OCs welcome. A short bio, RP style, would also benefit you.
    Alright, so, I have four major OCs. I have others, but these are the ones that are most important:

Leah is my main MC. She's fifteen and after being pursued (read: drafted) by her grandmother into the Mentor Program, she's forced to follow two ten-year-old brats on their Pokemon journey and look after them. Problem is, she's definitely not fond of training or Pokemon, and with only her old Sandshrew by her side, she has to put up with everything that comes with being a trainer. Danger, and all.

Ed is one of the kids that Leah has to take care of, and he's your genetic kid. Enthusiastic and excited, he's not going to let a bitter Mentor or an apathetic Paras prevent him from being the best trainer ever. Ally is the other kid, and she's surprisingly quiet and shy for a child. She's not as ambitious as Ed, but she also wants to do her best, even if her disobedient Voltorb would rather shock her then obey.

Blue is my main villain MC. Not much is known about him, but he's been hired to retrieve mysterious artifacts known as the Plates, that have been hidden by the Pokemon League in the loneliest places in the world. His loyalties are unknown, but that won't stop him from killing anyone that gets in his way.

Shrike Flamestar

The Invisible!
    Years
    Like others all of my characters are OCs, but I'll only go into detail about the major characters here.

Shrike Flamestar:
    Spoiler:

Rayne Jarxis:
    Spoiler:

Aira Kaza
    Spoiler:

Tashima Navara
    Spoiler:

I would normally write something on Havoc here but I'm tired and stuff so yeah. That's it for now.

Last edited:

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • Oh yeah, also, Shrike Flamestar is not his real name. If you want to know, it's actually:
    Spoiler:

If you actually notice the importance of that you win a cookie. The chance any of you would notice is probably less than 1% though, so too bad.

THAT NAME, IT IS FAMILIAR TO ME. =V If that is indeed the importance behind it, you owe me a cookie. And no, you can't kill me again in front of this many witnesses.

Misheard Whisper said:
    . . . I've never seen a fic where the main character's mother goes along with them before. Wow.

Me neither. That's why I thought it would be a good idea. I still think it is. I should really finish Mama's Boy, because that fic deserves to be finished. I feel like I owe it to poor Jack for making him go through all that. xD

Also, your new plot bunny sounds like this one manga I read a long long time ago. Sadly, it's been so long that I can't remember the name of that manga nor what really happened, but there was a teenage boy with a girl in his head - nowait, was it the other way round? Anyway, they were very much jerks towards each other in the beginning and in the end, they fell in love. I can't remember what their adventure was about, though, so. In any case, I enjoyed that manga a lot, so chances are I'll enjoy your fic, too, when you write it. ^-^

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • Also, your new plot bunny sounds like this one manga I read a long long time ago. Sadly, it's been so long that I can't remember the name of that manga nor what really happened, but there was a teenage boy with a girl in his head - nowait, was it the other way round? Anyway, they were very much jerks towards each other in the beginning and in the end, they fell in love. I can't remember what their adventure was about, though, so. In any case, I enjoyed that manga a lot, so chances are I'll enjoy your fic, too, when you write it. ^-^
    Would it happen to be Ginban Kaleidoscope? Well technically, I watched it as an anime, but I'm pretty sure there's a manga out there somewhere. I could be wrong though...

Asides from that, Makoto Shinkai is a genius! Sorry, I just had to get that out. I've just finished watching Voices of a Distant Star and The Place Promised in Our Early Days. I've just finished watching the first episode of 5 Centimetres per Second at it was spectacular. I just love how everything was so detailed and the plot so beautiful. I mean, you didn't even need multi-coloured-hair or anything. Even the washing machine from the first episode was rendered beautifully. To anyone who hasn't watched any of his works, GOWATCHNAO!

And uhh, I'll answer the bold topic as soon as I place a definite timeline in which my fic is placed in. Does anyone know what year the events of R/S/E's Gen 3 take place in?

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • An-chan's Trainer-with-a-Mom

Dagzar's Leah

txteclipse's Lati art

Mewtwo dual-wielding Sniper Rifle!

Darn, people, now I know where all that awesome went when I was a little thing and wished a bit... Than and my cat :D

A-ok-oohey.

Mizan said:
    And uhh, I'll answer the bold topic as soon as I place a definite timeline in which my fic is placed in. Does anyone know what year the events of R/S/E's Gen 3 take place in?
    You are serious, right? That I recall, no year has even be specified or hinted at in any Pokémon game. The earliest I would pointpoint Generation III is 1987, because of the Chalenger, as the shuttle is referenced in Gen I; the most recent time could be 2001, since they have TVs and consoles but no (widespread) widescreens. And that's even assuming the games take place in a timeline similar to ours; it could very well be year 732584, but I doubt anyone with half a brain would hesitate to reset the calendar once it reaches that many digits...

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • I was being serious-ish... Since the timeline of Pokemon has never been canonically stated, I was wondering what you guys could infer would be the time period in which the games take place from the clues that Sol's just pointed out.

NG-137 takes place approximately 10 years or so after RSE in Hoenn.

Also, who's watched 5 Centimetres per Second. Honestly, that beat Grave of the Fireflies as the saddest anime I've ever seen in years...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years

Only have one that has a background fleshed out enough to do this, though several characters in my fiction are OC's.

Lisa K. Northwood
    Spoiler:

And that is probably more information than you wanted :P

As for timeline, the events of mine span from late 2006 until late 2007.

Haven't seen 5cm/sec. I am currently obsessed with Pretty Cure and Fresh Pretty Cure, which features magical girls. So, yeah.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • I have not seen 5cm/sec. but check out Time of Eve and Pale Cocoon. The story and art for each is simply unmatched.
    Not intending to start an argument since I haven't watched Time of Eve, but:
    Spoiler:
    And the art is spectacular. ^That's not the best example I could find. Almost every single detail is finely emulated like the cracks in pavement or the fact that when you step in snow, it's not just the sound of snow being pushed aside, it's also the sound of snow being compacted.

Still, I'm one for trying new things so I'm gonna get me a copy of Time of Eve.

Do you plan to become an author in real life?
    Yes, alongside my aspirations to be Prime Minister and to get a double doctorate in Physics and Literature. Which are true by the way...

EDIT: 15,000th REPLY!!!

Last edited:

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • New bold question! One that's certainly not taken from Serebii. <_<

Do you plan to become an author in real life?

No, but I do like to write stories, but I hardly ever let anyone else see theme, I'm not really even sure why I write them anymore >.>

EDIT: 15,000th POST!!!

No sorry, you are 15,001 LOL Dagzar got the honor.

As for my OCs, um maybe at a later time.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • Which is how I commemorate it by celebrating it a post late. :P

Confused by the fact that the first post doesn't register on the forum view... and your post is 15002 in the thread, but 15001 in forum view.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back