• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casual Billy

Wargreymon: Miracle Mega
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2006
    I have now quadrooplemega posted on my fic. I'm gonna keep writing it no matter what but it would be nice for someone to actually read it...Come on! School's at least almost out, you've prolly got a little extra time. Why not?

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
    Years
    Breezy said:
    Your worse concrit is yourself. :) For me anyways. I'm never happy with my work. Of course, you should feel confident about it too.

.......Good advice.... will be useful for fan fic writting and also school work...

You should put mroe quotes here Breezy! XP

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
    I review on my fic has me thinking quite a bit:

Just as a heads-up, it's against the copyright law to use someone else's names like that. It's also extremely unoriginal. You can't come up with your own names?

You really shouldn't be taking things from other places like this... you don't have a disclaimer for it, and it simply lacks creativity.

Hn, I don't think that spinoffs of sorts really drain from the plot, but it absolutely doesn't add to it (which was more, I think, the direction I was leaning with my comment).

It's not that I'm mad at the reviewer (ActOnThat). As a matter of fact, I think she has a valid point. While Lyoko (actually, three of her Pokemon) stood out in my "Code: Lyoko" spinoff in HMW, I started to realize that I just threw in Heather (and two other main characters who were going to appearing in "Deepest Wishes") and her Pokemon for almost no reason at all. Right now, I'm trying to figure out her to make Heather and the other main characters not so pointless.

Also, for those who never read HMW either here or at Pokemon Elite 2000, I'll make a little guide explaining more or less the basics of the Hoenn Mirror World.

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
    Years
    Niko said:
    Are we talking about critics now? >>

Anyways, ActOnThat, U2 Rules! X3 *points at own avatar* That's from the ZOOTV tour...<<;;

Yeah, let's talk about fan fic critics!

Hmm... how can you tell when a fan fic critic is going too far?

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
    Years
    Aiya Quackform said:
    When they force their own personal opinions on your story, or attack the specific genre without reason.

That's one thing I'll try to remember....

Anyone else would care to reply to the topic?

Anyways, while I'm at it, I need inspiration..... any ideas? Any kind will do...

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
    You want to talk about critics? o0; They're meanies! XP J/k. As long as they dont personally attack you, shove their opinions in your face and basically what Aiya Quackform said, then that's going too far.

Inspiration? I listen to Switchfoot. :P Or music period really.

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
    Years
    Breezy said:
    You want to talk about critics? o0; They're meanies! XP J/k. As long as they dont personally attack you, shove their opinions in your face and basically what Aiya Quackform said, then that's going too far.

Inspiration? I listen to Switchfoot. :P Or music period really.

What is Switchfoot? o.0;;;;

And yes, I wanna talk about critics because sometimes they're annoying....

And how do they shove opinions into our faces anyways?

And i'm already listening to music and still no inspiration... maybe tv shows perhaps?

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
    Switchfoot be a band lol. They pwn all. Even U2. :P Just kidding! >>

But yeah. Let's pretend that I'm a critic and I'm commenting about a story that has a religious symbol in it and I could say that I don't like that symbol because I'm Catholic and not Christian and we have that different from this and all that fun stuff. Something like that. Sometimes less or more extreme, depending on what they say.

Or they could just say that they're right and their word is law. *shrug*

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
    Years
    Breezy said:
    Switchfoot be a band lol. They pwn all. Even U2. :P Just kidding! >>

But yeah. Let's pretend that I'm a critic and I'm commenting about a story that has a religious symbol in it and I could say that I don't like that symbol because I'm Catholic and not Christian and we have that different from this and all that fun stuff. Something like that. Sometimes less or more extreme, depending on what they say.

Or they could just say that they're right and their word is law. *shrug*

I have never heard of Switchfoot here in the philippines! Whhaa! XP

Anyways... you a critic? I can't imagine you being one... j/k

And what is the diffrence between a Catholic and A Christian? You're confusing me Breezy....

And also... now I finally get what you mean about the symbol thing...

So how about critics commenting on cultural stuff in Pokemon Fan fic, such as names?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Note: just trying to explain something vital... explaining, not *arguing* so don't bother to argue if you disagree with me in terms of how the world should work, or if a "God" exist. Preferably that if further questions arise in this topic, I'll much rather prefer it on PM before mods come by and close this forum due to "illegal topics" being mentioned.

Correction: A catholic IS a christian... If you're catholic, you're definitely a christian, but if you're a christian you aren't necessarily catholic. I think I must clarify that immediately before we shift back to fanfic talk.

More further notes: Christian is "defined" as...

-believe in the existance of the Trinity- God the father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Trinity exist as one God, and all three are the same and only God. (if you must imagine this in a human sense: think water at its triple point in physics)

-believe that God is all powerful and almighty, above all else

-believe that Jesus the son as come down on earth, fully man and fully God, died on the cross for our sins, and through his sacrifice, our sins are atoned for

-believe that the Holy Spirit dwell within the heart, and is what God has given us after his death on the cross in order to be with us forever and always

Any "religion" that qualifies these basic beliefs are part of Christianity. Now catholic is a denomination of christianity, meaning that it is under the classification of Christianity. It's like how a square is also a rectangle, but a rectangle is not necessarily a square. Same for Christians and Catholics here.

Catholics are different from other denominations in the sense that they have more books in the bible than the other denominations. Catholics believe that Virgin Mary is more than a mere mortal mother who gave birth to Jesus, and is more than a woman conceived by the Holy Spirit. They also believe that grace from God do not justify humans to be saved, but you also have to do good works.

Other christian denominations will not share all of these catholic beliefs, but definitely possible in terms of sharing "some" of the beliefs.

[end religious talk here]

A bad critic is ones that say...

"GGGGGRRREEEEAATTTT Story I can't wait for more" <= mindless praises

"I don't like this story. I don't find it interesting." <= mindless criticism

"The plot is really boring it didn't really catch my interests, but generally ok. 8/10" <= marks plot and not the story, making the number meaninglessly stupid

And critics who blasts you apart without saying what's wrong in detail (ex: "look at all those grammar mistakes I can't read this junk!" without listing a few examples of what those grammar mistakes are) or suggestion for improvements... those are irritating too.

Last edited:

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
    Years
    Okay, now I finally get the difference between a Christian and a Catholic...

And I have seen a lot of newb reviews, I rather comment on fan fics than review them... I dont know what is the difference between the two... I'm quite weird....

But anyways, what is Breezy posting? *Looks*

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
    Years
    Breezy said:
    ^^ What he said about the Catholic - Christian thing.

You just named all the "green" forum reviewers frosty. XD

Heke? What's that suppose to mean Breezy? I dont get the "green" part.... -_-;;;

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
    Isn't heke from Hamtaro? Good times with that show... Started off my writing career. :) I made up a hamster. His name was... eh, I can't even remember. *shrugs it off*

The "green" forum is now a variety of colors. Mine is purple. Sometimes blue. Every now and then it's black. You know... >>; We do not speak of its name here.

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
    Years
    Breezy said:
    Isn't heke from Hamtaro? Good times with that show... Started off my writing career. :) I made up a hamster. His name was... eh, I can't even remember. *shrugs it off*

The "green" forum is now a variety of colors. Mine is purple. Sometimes blue. Every now and then it's black. You know... >>; We do not speak of its name here.

Yes, Heke is from Hamtaro.... I just played the game recently and I'm annoying my friends with it... the hekeing I mean....

Anyways... okay, I htink I get that part now...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back