• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction of the year?

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
The mods can barely keep up with choosing one fic a month. I doubt they would make a FF of the year.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 3, 2008
There isn't really a point - I mean, the ffotm are all in their own little section... Your idea is pointless.

Haruka of Hoenn

Rolling writer
Years
I think that would be a pretty good idea! Near the end of the year, all the members could cast a vote or something, and the fanfiction with the most votes will win.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 3, 2008
Oh, as in: just to be recognised and known, not to have their own little section for eleven months?

Yeah, I'd agree with that.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Tasty, Oni?

Since activity has been boosted in this section, it's not a bad idea to keep this in the back of the mind to work out the kinks. I'm guessing that the fic would be chosen out of the FFotM from the entire year. And this might work since there are more fics to chose from for FFotM, which means more fics for FFotY.

But yeah, it takes some time for the mods to chose a FFotM even, so it's tough to chose a FFotY. But it could be done.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
I think that would be a pretty good idea! Near the end of the year, all the members could cast a vote or something, and the fanfiction with the most votes will win.

We don't even vote for FFotM (btw, how are those chosen anyway?). Also, people might just vote for their friends or the ever popular, "I'll vote for you if you vote for me".

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 25, 2022
We don't vote for Fic of the month?

No, the moderator chooses.

Anyway, I don't know... I'm so-so on this idea. It would be great to have a fan fic of the year, yeah, but like Glajummy pointed out, there's the voting problems where people only vote for friend's fics or things like that. :P

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 3, 2008
No...

There's a conspiracy that it's run by the government... (jk)

Hey! I just got an idea!

Let us vote for fic of the month!

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
No...

There's a conspiracy that it's run by the government... (jk)

Hey! I just got an idea!

Let us vote for fic of the month!

But people would just vote for their friends. Or make multiple accounts to vote.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I'm sorry, but if it's anything like Sppf's FanFiction awards, it devolves into a popularity contest where whoever has the biggest fanbase gets the award. It should be up to the mods, or at most, a select panel of trusted, unbiased members.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 3, 2008
no... They wouldn't...

I hope...

No, we have too many friends here, and there could be a rule you can only vote for one.

Haruka of Hoenn

Rolling writer
Years
Here's an idea: The members PM the mods in charge a list of the fanfictions they think deserve to win. Then, the mods can check out the nominated fic(s) and decide wether they qualify to win or not. That could be a good substitute for voing, and the mods still have the power to make the decision!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 3, 2008
No - there would be a bombard of PMs...

You create a thread:

FFotM

and let them cast one vote... If random new membres come from nowhere, I think we'll no that it's a fake account.

Back