• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fascinating nes Yellow Bootleg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2016
    I found this very interesting Chinese bootleg of Pokemon Yellow, and at first I thought that this will be another crappy, maybe even unplayable game. But As I played it, I not only found working properly, but also quite engaging. The game's proper name is "Lei Dian Huang Bi Ka Qiu Chuan Shuo", and was created in 2005 by Shenzhen Nanjing Technology, a company producing nes bootlegs, most famous for producing the nes backbort of Final Fantasy VII, a fun, even if ridiculously hard game. But Aside from that most of their games are rather bad.
    As for the game itself it has the basic storyline from Yellow, downgraded overworld graphics from Fire Red and Leaf Green, battle graphics and sprites from Gold and Silver, combined to create a simple animation, a side from the main characters backspite who in a downgraded version of Red sprite from FR/LG. The battle system Itself is interesting, it's mostly the one from Gen II games, with many TMs from Gen III. After battle we sometimes get some rare items like evolution stones, or TMs. We also get Bulbasur after beating Lt. Surge, and his trainer is in the Bicycle Shop. The game generally plays without bugs, and is very enjoyable. It's main flaws are some simplifications, like that Pikachu no longer goes around with you, the fact we cannot even enter the haunted levels of the Pokemon Tower before we get the Silph Scope. Another one is the fact the music isn't very good, and it's ripped instead from Ruby and Saphire. But in the end it's quite a great game, and I recommend to play it.
    There is a Patch on Romhacking net that corrects the music to one from the original Pokemon Yellow, and partially translates the game by Lugia2009.
    [EDIT] : Corrected some things.
    Here are some screens:

Last edited:

Yoni Arousement

PKHeX User
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I did think the engine was pretty good for Famicom Pokémon bootleg standards, except that when you run out of usable Pokémon it's Game Over (the game goes back to the title screen).

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2015
    the game does looks surprisingly decent for a bootleg and that's saying something. the game does have it's problems but hey it is a bootleg after all.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2016
    By the way guys, do you know maybe know any other good Pokemon bootlegs that aren't ported Game Hack's, at least not those from PokeCommunity? I only decent one I know is Pocket Monster Saphire by company "New Game Color Advance" on gbc.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • The best bootleg, imo, is Vietnamese Crystal. I definitely recommend playing, however there are some places in the game that freeze so that's something to watch out for. For example, don't go in Goldenrod's Pokemon Center. You should watch DeliciousCinnamon's playthrough of it. Hysterical.

Anyway, I haven't heard of this Yellow NES bootleg, but I did watch a video about a Gold NES bootleg a while back, and a few other bootlegs, some non-Pokemon stuff as well. Bootlegs are kinda funny really, lol. I had a friend with a bootleg Silver I think, but I don't remember what was different about it. I just know it was funky and he never really played it.

Years
  • Hi
    Could someone upload this game, I can't find it. I have the patch files, but not the game itself.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • hey friend, this thread is several years old. i'm gonna go ahead and lock this. unfortunately, we don't allow the distribution of roms here on pokecommunity. come to think of it, i'm not sure why i didn't lock this back in 2012 but here we are lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back