• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fast Or Slow?

ThePinkDragon

Rawrtastic!
    Years
    I'm wondering whether you guys take your time going through your Pokemon games or if you like to bully your way through.

I only just arrived in Blackthorn City a few seconds before I hit hour 99 in my game. Whew! So I'm a slowbie. I like to pick specific highly-effective teams to EV train for the gyms. I have a main team, but I don't use it in gyms. It burns up a lot of time and my husband is getting through the game in way less time than it's taking me [and he got his like a month after me].

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Well, I don't... take nearly as long as you do but compared to a lot of people I know, I usually play the games a lot slower. It's gotten better over the years. I think it took me a few months to beat Ruby, even longer to beat Emerald, a month to beat Diamond, I "rushed" Platinum and got it in a week, and then two or three weeks for HeartGold.

I just like to explore everywhere and then I get immersed in minigames, usually. :| I don't EV train but I do train my Pokémon to be the same level before I head somewhere important, like a gym or plot point.

This fits better in General Gaming.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    Yeah in game ev training takes the fun out of the game plus you don't need to. pokemon gyms are easy enough that you can beat them easily. But i play slow, i never really got into playing pokemon 4 hours a day so i could beat the game in a week.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    While I don't necessarily have high play times, I do put a lot of time into the game. I like to go through and make the team I want, find the hold items I want, etc. before I start playing a game. Although, when I do get my team put together, I do fly through the game.

ThePinkDragon

Rawrtastic!
    Years
    Yeah in game ev training takes the fun out of the game plus you don't need to. pokemon gyms are easy enough that you can beat them easily. But i play slow, i never really got into playing pokemon 4 hours a day so i could beat the game in a week.

Lol, yeah some of them are but I still got beat by Pryce my first try because I didn't take my Ampharos and he surprised me with a water-type! XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2010
    It depends on how I'm feeling at the moment. If I want to do something that's at a certain point in the game then I would Rush through it, but if I don't plan on doing anything and just relaxing, then I would play through the game pretty slow.

Years
    When I first purchase the games I usually play them quite slowly, making sure I have been everywhere and talked to everyone in certain towns/places. But say if I am replaying the game for some reason then I just rush things and go back to things I have missed.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I tend to take some time playing through the games (my last Soul Silver playthrough I was somewhere around 49 hours when I faced the Elite Four). Sometimes you gotta level grind and sometimes you have to stop and smell the roses (like how I spent nearly two hours running around Goldenrod dressed as Team Rocket and scaring the heck out of the townspeople :3 )

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Im not really sure if how fast I go for most of the games! I know for most I would like only use my starter through the whole game untill I beat the elite 4 but in SS I noticed what I did and decided to make a proper team and suprisingly enough its really cool switching around people between battles etc...! I can breeze though the games easily if I wanted to though ;)

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    If I'm really progressing through the game and there's nothing I particularly need [items or pokemon to catch for later on] I just go on ahead! Usually when I hit a point in the game and I'm too lazy to do it anytime soon [e.g. Mt. Coronet, Victory Road] I fly around training in my best spots and battling people [especially in Diamond where you can go to that Resort Cafe place and battle and get moneys every day :3] until I've got enough items and strong enough Pokémon to really open a can of whoop ass on the trainers on my journey :L

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    I have Red and Yellow. I go pretty slowly; I prefer to choose a team and stick with it but I try to get the levels just high enough that I can take on the next gym and all the trainers in it without having to bother with healing or using more than 2 moves to KO a Pokemon.
    I start to get impatient and a little lazy near the end when I have plenty of money and Pokemon - I rarely have anything over lv. 55 when I face the E4. I know I can just buy like 3,000 Full Restores if my Pokemon are too weak for my Rival. :P

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
    I go through it slow and make up side quests like the tv show dose

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I play through fairly slowly, although I'm fast in Sinnoh.

Johto I'm a middle-slow rate, as I tend to try and take it all in, as despite it being the last region I've explored, I love it. Mainly because of all the caves with no trainers in! I think caves are more realistic like that, and more fun to explore when there aren't trainers.

Kanto....god I'm slow. But then again, I've caught every pokemon I can in every route so far. So 3 hours to defeating Misty ain't bad, is it?
    Especially when it took me 30mins to capture a male Pikachu

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
    I normally rush at the beginning of the game so I can go to the required routes to catch the Pokemon I need, but after that, I take it easy. Exploring everywhere and talking to everyone before I move on.

shortdan1998

Rawr! I'm back, baby!
    Years
    I normally just play through the game, and than whenever I beat the game, I do more Aftergame stuff. :D It honestly depends on what mood I'm in. If I want to go fast, I do, but if I want to go slow, I do. I only started getting really fast in Sinnoh and 4th gen. Hoenn I just messed around a lot. :D Dumb aunt erased my whole data though... >:( I got really pissed off. And I'm still really pissed that my RAYQUAZA and E4 COMPLETE and all AFTER GAME SIDE QUESTS INCLUDING REGIS were deleted. D:

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i like to take my time with pokemon games. but then again even if i tried to beat the game quickly it would still take a while.

Years
    I don't have time to "rush" .. haha .. too many other things going on. I generally take my time playing the actual story mode thing.. I knew in diamond, I had to train certain guys for certain gyms from the ground up.. Whishcash for example. I would of never used him, but I needed another ground type and he was the only one that was available. I forget who I was fighting for that..... I haven't touched the guy since.

I used to be kind of against progressing till I could catch at least one of every critter available. But with the discovery of EVs it's not really that big of a deal to me.

Back