• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fast Or Slow?

The Red Chain

If there is a medium that would be me. :'3
    I don't like to rush and I don't like to be too slow.
    Moving too slow gets boring and rushing gets boring too. So a good balance of both is nice for me. ^^

I like to check most places for items and just go anywhere and everywhere.. that's my slow pace.
    When I get into training mode I stay on that for a good few hours and do nothing but.
    My fast pace starts in training cause I'm not really all that patient with it.. especially since I like to keep all 6 of my Pokemon the same level. >:

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    One thing I could never do is overlevel one big Pokemon and breeze through the game with it. It's faster, it's probably easier, it might actually be fun, but the whole "team" aspect is a big part of what I like about the game.

chickenofunity

Confused Chicken
    Years
  • I go through the games so slowly. I went faster in firered, but only cus the lack of saving on one told me exactly were everything was and stuff, so I did'nt need to look for things. I've played up to Misty on Firered so many times it's not even funny.

Years
  • I sorta rushed through Silver. I only used my Typhlosion & Gyarados through the entire Elite Four the first time. I had to get so others after that. It's fun though. Going through the game as fast as you can with only one or two pokemon. Like, see how fast you can beat it with only a Pidgey. Lol

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • Hmm. I don't power through them, as I noticed some people doing the day HG/SS were released, but I don't dawdle either. I defeated the Johto E4 at 39 hours exactly, but now that I'm in Kanto I've slowed down and I'm taking everything one challenge at a time, as well as breeding a bit and working out a team from my Platinum/Emerald/HeartGold send-overs. I've also recently started Pearl and I'm taking that one slow to make sure I'm trained up enough before I face Gym Leaders, and that I don't miss any items etc. that I have done in the past.

So I'd say I'm about average.

Lunyka

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • For soul silver I beat the storyline in two days.

I do many things after i beat the game so it isn't like it is a bad thing for me to go fast, particularly as a pokemon breeder so I can hurry up and get all the pokemon that I need to do so with.

Years
  • I take as long as I need to in order to pick up all the hidden items and battle all the trainers, plus grind a bit sometimes for certain Gym Leaders. That said, I'm usually underleveled by the time I reach the Pokemon League, so I have to grind at those points, and that's where most of my play time tacks on. Like in SS, I went from 30 hours played after reaching the league to 40 hours played before facing the league.

Alyssachu

Trainer in training! ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 15, 2012
    Ehh, I normally just take my time. Well... sort of. A lot of the time on my game is from leaving it idle, though- 'cause my attention span will move on to something else for a while until I go back to my game. -_-U But other than that, I just go with the flow. :3

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    I would say I am slow because I think I do way to much training and item collecting. I try to level my team equally and 7-10 levels per gym. Yea I know its a lot but by the time I get to the E4 I dont like grinding up to fight them. Plus its nice to have your pokemon between 70-80 by the time your at that stage.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • I could say I like to take my time through out the game. I talk to everyone in every town/city and pick up all of the Items. Sometimes I would be reading a Walkthrough to find hidden Items and read just in case if I missed something important. I always over level my Pokémon before taking on any Gym. I tend to level my team around level 40-50 before reaching the Pokémon league. Which usually takes around 4-6 hours for me to train them, I'm a slow trainer.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • A ten year-old boy doesn't just leave his house in ten hours and comes back telling his mother that his Charmander is now a level 100 Charizard who just helped him destroy the Pokemon League. That, and he also went around the entire region multiple times to defeat an evil organization of Pokemon burglars.

That is truly amazing. This feat can only be done by none other than.. the player themselves.

I tend to play it slow when it comes to Pokemon games. After one gameplay, I just stop playing, so it's better to complete everything when I still have the chance.

ThePinkDragon

Rawrtastic!
    Years
  • I finally beat mine (defeated the Pokemon League) and it took me a little over 190 hours and I went massively over-leveled, though I'm glad I did. I was running levels 60-70 throughout my team and I beat some face!

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who likes to take their sweet time with these games, even if I do take a bit longer than everyone else. ;)

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    I usually play it fast, until I've played through a couple of times. Then I'll slow down.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2011
    I go look at every nook and cranny in the game but i usually level up only 2-3 pokémon
    so i don't have to grind (which resulted in me facing Red in my HG game with pokémon 10-20 levels underleveled ) so overall i guess i play averagely.

Back