• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Faster?

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
Years
  • Is it just me, or is Platinum faster? Especially the battles. Sandstorm, rain, hail, faster? The battle animations and the word-speed seem faster. I like it better than the snailly D/P.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yep it is, and the best speed improvement would be the surfing speed!

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • O_o I just now noticed that. Hooray! Sandstorms have neat new graphics and yeah, they're definitely faster.

I haven't experienced the new surfing speed but huzzah to that as well. I always hated the speed in which I had to surf at.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • The first thing I noticed was the battling speed. While my friend was playing his Platinum, he was surprised by the snow. But me, I hardly realized the snow. I was like "I think I just fought my rival, but it so fast.."

Years
  • It took me awhile to notice. The only way I noticed the faster speed of the battles was by just going back to Diamond briefly after playing Platinum for so long and then complaining how sluggish the battles were in Diamond.

SkittyLover77

No, not the face!
    Years
  • ...Really? o.O I didn't notice. But I DID notice the ownage srfing speed. I wanted to slowly roast my DS over a grill when I had to surf in Pearl. I am happy with the new surfing speed. ;D

Kudra

IV breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2013
    I noticed the speed changes right off the bat. It was the fist thing I noticed and I'm still really happy about it. The delays between moves and battle effects is pretty much gone and the surfing speed is nothing to laugh at either. Just a couple more reasons to love platinum.

almostlovehate

Complete...global...satur ation
    Years
  • The game was also a bit harder for me, anyone else notice that?
    I never had that much trouble in Pearl. >.>
    Harder.
    Better.
    Faster.
    ...stronger?
    >.>

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • The only speed boost I noticed was in surfing. In fact, I get a lot more "Saving a lot of datas" in Platinum.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The only speed boost I noticed was in surfing. In fact, I get a lot more "Saving a lot of datas" in Platinum.

Yeah, it seems like forever when saving. I have corrupted by getting impatient once! XD

abarai

Howl, Zabimaru !
    Years
  • Never noticed 0.o , glad i dont have to wait as long during sandstorm animations though >.<

The Red Chain

The surf speed is a huge improvement... Me and a friend of mine played Platinum and Pearl together one time to check out the changes.
    We both started surfing, and when I realized how fast I was speeding over the water I was like 'woahhh..' especially when I noticed how slow my friend's Surf was.
    I didn't realize until now though how fast the weather animations are..

Yay for Platinum's major improvements. ;3

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    Who cares if its saving alot of data, at least the battery is alive :D

Back