• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Fastest completion time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    I started my Sapphire game over a few days ago because I wanted to do a Lotad>Lombre>Ludicolo solo run and I completed the elite four in 12:46. My Ludicolo was level 69 at the end of it all.

So here I am, asking, what is your fastest completion time in Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald?

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I think I beat Sapphire Version in 11 hours once, which seems extremely fast for me since I usually take a long-ish time playing through Pokemon games. I like to enjoy the game and explore stuff, catch all the Pokemon on each route, train my Pokemon, etc.

I take forever with the newer games given how much they have to offer besides the story mode now (PokeWood, PWT, Battle Subway, etc.) e_e

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 10, 2013
    I just beat Emerald recently, and it took me I think somewhere in between 9-10 hours, which is definitely a record for me. First run through it probably took me 5 times as long.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I think my fastest was around 12. I don't like to go through my games fast though and I take my time to do sidequests and grinding, so yeah. That 12 hour playtime was probably long ago before I had a very particular way to go through the game, haha.

Years
  • I think the fastest that I managed to get through Sapphire was a little over 17 hours, but I wasn't even really trying to go through that fast. I'm sure if I committed myself to it, I'd probably be able to finish it in around 10 hours.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    I beat Fire Red in 10 hours recently. It was in my water Monotype run. It was fun to speed through it like that.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2016
    I beat Pokémon Sapphire in 1 hour and 22 mins on my phone on a GBA app this week with no cheats or glitches

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I'm sure I beat Emerald in about 9-10 hours once, but I can't quite remember. It might be a little more.

And then of course if I'm playing it on VisualBoyAdvance I can just hold down fast forward and beat it in like 5 hours :3

Years
  • Assuming you didn't speed up the game either, if you can beat Sapphire that fast Asher, you should try recording it, as that's faster than the current speedrun world record right now. But anyway, posting in any thread that's been inactive for more than a year in Third Generation is against the rules, so I'm going to close this, but congrats to everyone new and old on their fastest times!

CLOSED.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back