• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV)

Years

Synopsis

New anime adaptation of Fate/stay night, following the Unlimited Blade Works route.​
    Shirou Emiya is an average student that is dragged into a war over the Holy Grail, an item that can fulfill any wish or desire. The contestants all use spirit servants to fight each other, however as Emiya is a newcomer and unskilled he must join together with Rin Tohsaka to survive the battles. This is only a temporary solution, as Tohsaka's spirit servant Archer greatly dislikes Emiya for an unknown reason.

Information

Type: TV​
    Episodes: Unknown​
    Aired: Sep 28, 2014 to ?​
    Producers: Aniplex, ufotable, Aniplex of AmericaL
    Genres: Action, Fantasy, Magic, Shounen, Supernatural
    Duration: Unknown
    Rating: R - 17+ (violence & profanity)

PV

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    Well this seems...interesting.
    The Unlimited Blade Route this time. Kind of saw it coming.
    Nevertheless im looking forward to this. Since I've watched all of the other seasons.

Years
    Well this seems...interesting.
    The Unlimited Blade Route this time. Kind of saw it coming.
    Nevertheless im looking forward to this. Since I've watched all of the other seasons.

They will also be adapting the Heaven's Feel Route, but it's going to be a movie.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    Mainly loving the new art.

Hopefully Rin's action figures will start to look better.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    The action. Holy ****ing ****. That was awe-inspiring. ufotable for the win. <3; Can't wait to see the next episode, or hell better to call it this, the first real episode of the series. I've seen UBW route movie so I know the twists and all so I'm mostly curious about how they're gonna change things and, of course, to see benefits in the fights of being animated by a studio like ufotable.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    The action. Holy ****ing ****. That was awe-inspiring. ufotable for the win. <3; Can't wait to see the next episode, or hell better to call it this, the first real episode of the series. I've seen UBW route movie so I know the twists and all so I'm mostly curious about how they're gonna change things and, of course, to see benefits in the fights of being animated by a studio like ufotable.

I for one hope they don't look at the movie at all and instead adapt from the actual source material, haha.

derozio

Years
    That's what they're doing, don't worry. :p They'll do it their own way and from the source VN. Its just that I wanna see how many key differences will be there in the story.

I've heard somewhere that they're actually gonna mix the Fate route along with UBW in this one somehow. Because playing through BOTH Fate and UBW are required to completely enjoy the Heaven's Feel route, it has led fans to believe that ufotable might merge Fate and UBW in the series somehow and then adapt Heaven's Feel. Which is why I think there may be key story differences here when compared to the stuff in the movie. But who knows, all speculation.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I hope they merge them because I only managed to get halfway through the Fate VN. I watched the Deen adaptation but I can't really remember it.

Prefer Deen's character design but fight animation and choreography make up for it I suppose.

Years
    Saiber's new clothes are something all right. Will take time to get used too after playing FS/N recently tho. xD

Well time for Red haired guy to learn the cruel world.

I'm still surprised at how the VA's and dialogue are the same after a decade.

Years
    I think I'll watch this.

At first I was somewhat hesitant since I really enjoyed the first Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero (Didn't see the Blade Works movie) but this looks really good so I'll risk it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Wow, I have never watched any of this anime but what gripped me with this trailer was the music. It's really good! So many anime have crappy soundtracks (of course, it might just be trailer music, haha). Plus, the animation looks great as well. Should I watch some previous Fate/Stay Night or could I just try starting with this? :3

derozio

Years
    Yeah, I know right? The music was amazing. :D As for the animation, you don't really have much to worry - these people are pretty much the best in the business when it comes to visuals. You won't be disappointed, I promise. Just stay away from the previous Fate/Stay Night, though. It isn't anywhere near as good as this one when it comes to the production values. And the pacing...well, it isn't the best. I'd advise watching Fate/Zero and then following it up with this. Or you can jump straight into this and then watch Fate/Zero when you're done watching this series.

There's the fact though - if you've seen F/Z, there are a good amount of characters, their motivations and a lot of other minor stuff that you'll immediately notice in this series. And it adds to the experience, imo. So yeah, Fate/Zero ---> This is the perfect way to approach this series, imo. (without watching the older FSN series).

The fight scenes are giving me shivers.

All right so I'm still adjusting to Emiya's Sasuke England Hetalia voice but it's going along nicely so far. He's not as lame of a character as I remembered. Right now I'm especially enamored with Tohsaka and Archer though - they've always been favorites so to see them animated is heaven, especially for someone who never saw the awful Studio Deen adaptation. Yes, stay away from that one and only look at those done by ufotable.

Please watch this, everyone.

Saber. <3

derozio

Years
    To make an amazing-ass demonstration. The same attack animated by the two studios:

Deen:

ufotable:

Now it is up to you to decide.

Years
    To make an amazing-ass demonstration. The same attack animated by the two studios:

Deen:

ufotable:

Now it is up to you to decide.

I haven't watched the DEEN version(or anything from the fate/stay franchise), but I saw the Lancer vs Archer fight when DEEN made it. Oh good, the horror.

Years
    Yeah ufotable is really pumping in the cash for animation in this one.

Then again it's a guarantee that the BD sales will be high with all the Nasuverse fans in both sides of the Pacific.

Back