• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen fav chaining spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamdragon

The slave becomes the master
Years
  • hey guys,

im about to start chaining again, just wondering where ur fav/most rewarding place is to chain?

iv had the most success @route 201

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • above Oreburgh...

Shiny Machop on chain of 9... then another at 24... :D

202 is nice too... although I got 40 Zigzagoons, and then used 104 max repels without success. i then ran out and had to leave it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Route 202, I found a shiny shinx on a chain of 19.

I've chained magnemite 41 times outside Fuego IronWorks, no shiny though.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    It depends on what Pokemon I want. =p I started out with shiny Shinx, and I got to 40 once, but then I broke the chain. ;; Later in that week I tried again and got it up to 47, and got five shiny Shinx as a result. Then I wanted a blue Ponyta because I thought the blue flames looked so cool, so I chained them non-stop and eventually got four shinny ones. That was it, though; the others chains didn't work out... ^_^"

Nowadays I don't chain, though. It takes too long and the natures aren't guaranteed to be great. I hatch shinies with the RNG instead.

::EDIT:: Oh, I wasn't being specific, heh-heh. Route 202 for Shinx and the place above Oreburgh for Ponyta.

iamdragon

The slave becomes the master
    Years
  • It depends on what Pokemon I want. =p I started out with shiny Shinx, and I got to 40 once, but then I broke the chain. ;; Later in that week I tried again and got it up to 47, and got five shiny Shinx as a result. Then I wanted a blue Ponyta because I thought the blue flames looked so cool, so I chained them non-stop and eventually got four shinny ones. That was it, though; the others chains didn't work out... ^_^"

Nowadays I don't chain, though. It takes too long and the natures aren't guaranteed to be great. I hatch shinies with the RNG instead.

::EDIT:: Oh, I wasn't being specific, heh-heh. Route 202 for Shinx and the place above Oreburgh for Ponyta.

i wish i cud RNG, wud save me hours haha

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • I havent got any shinx yet, and i got 41 magnemites/ 2 shiny at fuego ironworks,

Bring a static rather than a magnet pull, as theres aron too.

I might try ponyta, but Rt 114 is a nice place. Massive grass patc, some nice pokemon(houndour and rhyhorn)

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    most rewarding place for me is rout 228:

I got a shiny trapinch on a chain of 3 after ten minutes of work!

trapinch's lousy 2% appearance rate and the visibility crippling sandstorm makes my success the most insanely lucky thing that has ever happened to me chaining wise!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back