• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fave Japanese Word

michele

☮ & ♥
Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    the only one i know is kawaii [thanks, gwen stefani], so i guess i'll say that.

Years
  • Fighto! Hahaha, I'm not sure if that's an actual Japanese word, but it's used often in animes. Its ridiculous similarity to English (its definition is translated as fight) is what attracts me.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • Hajime - beginning
    Soara - soarer
    and generally anything long that I can say to freak out otakus who only know the few Japanese words like.
    Ikaseraretakunakatta - I didn't want to be forced to go.
    or
    ikanakereba naranai - I must go or else I'll be in big doodoo
    I also like the verb hanasu - to speak, because I like working with the su verbs the best.

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
  • Fighto! Hahaha, I'm not sure if that's an actual Japanese word, but it's used often in animes. Its ridiculous similarity to English (its definition is translated as fight) is what attracts me.

It's spelled "Faito," and I'm pretty sure it's Engrish.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Desu~!

Dunnow if that's an actual Japanese word, but I love it when characters use it at the end of a sentence. |3 Isso cute~

Yggdra

.:Do you believe in destiny?:.
    Years
  • Sakura.

Because it was probably one of the first Japanese words I ever heard (Cardcaptor Sakura ftw :3), and I just like what it translates to <3

Also, I like aiiro because it means indigo/dark blue~

The CriminaL

Party King
    Years
  • I think De, Arimasu is since it means yes sir and I love that word due to Keroro Gunso...maybe Kero too since it is the japanese ribbit...so hard too choose.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Sake!

I'd say sakura, if only because I've seen it so many places, and it was one of the first Japanese words I've learned. I also like cherry trees. ^^

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Anime
    Manga
    Er . . . it'd honestly have to be mizu. It means 'water', it sounds nice, and it's the only kanji I can actually draw/write.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Bara or Doku
    Rose and Poison

Back