• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Animal Movie ♥

Chuchino

♪ ♥ ♫
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2012
    I'm pretty sure all of us have seen at least one movie that's focus point is the life of an animal and/or it's owner. ^.^

Just today I saw Flicka, and I was crying most of the movie x3 I've added it to the top of my 'favorite movies about animals' list xD

Personally, I'm an animal lover, so anything that's slightly focused on animals has me watching. There's Air Bud, Black Beauty, Homeward Bound, Duma, Flicka, Where the Red Fern Grows, Free Willy ~<333 And the list goes on and on... I can't really chose one.

So what're your favorites?

Years
    Animal Farm. The 1999 version, not the cartoon one; it's based on the book of the same name, that deals indirectly and metaphorically with themes about the Russian revolution portraying the very real life characters as farm animals such as pigs(rulers) horses (workers) and one to another crazy bird with heavens to tell (church).

A fun movie to watch, even more if you have read the book. What a coincidence though, since I have watched that movie just once, and that was today, may be the ways of fate~ =D

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    watership down, i've read the book and watched the movie. it's about rabbits and none of the main characters are human, i think it's very much from the point of view of a wild rabbit

fallen_natsumixx

K a i o r a
    Years
    Spirit. I'm not really sure if it counts but I *heart* that movie. They drew the horses so beautifully!

Also: Air Bud, Babe, 101 Dalmations, Free Willy and FLIPPER! I <3 Flipper!

Tsugaru

Twilight
    Years
    My one would have to be "My dog spot" It was so sad..And I would say it was the best I have seen and then Air buddy and Butch

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    Mine would have to be Homeward Bound. Even though I watched it about 5 years ago, it's amazing.

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
    Gosh, there are so many that I luffed. :D Prepare for a long list. I really want to see Flicka...I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

- Dreamer
    - Free Willy
    - Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron
    - Homeward Bound
    - Black Beauty
    - Flipper
    - 101 Dalmations
    - Bambi
    - Lady & the Tramp
    - Lion King
    - My Dog Skip
    - Babe
    - Hidalgo

Meh, that's not even half of them. D;

Chuchino

♪ ♥ ♫
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2012
    *headdesk* I can't believe I left out Lion King, and My Dog Skip ^^;; Lion King is probably my favorite movie evah!

Yes, Flicka's a beautiful movie ^^ I was a human waterfaucet half the time I was watching it xD

Last edited:

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    My favorite movie would probably have to be Babe <3 I remember watching it every day when I came back from school ♡

Aqua Dream

That's not Ash!
    Years
    I used to enjoy Bambi and The Lion King when I was younger. Over The Hedge was fun too. I was sort of dragged against my will into seeing Flicka, but I did enjoy it in the end.

fallen_natsumixx

K a i o r a
    Years
    ZOMG, I forgot Lion King and Lady and the Tramp!

I <3 Lady and the Tramp. My favorite part is near the beginning of the movie, when Tramp is introduced and he's doing his "morning routine". XD *is weird like that*

Chuchino

♪ ♥ ♫
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2012
    ZOMG, I forgot Lion King and Lady and the Tramp!

I <3 Lady and the Tramp. My favorite part is near the beginning of the movie, when Tramp is introduced and he's doing his "morning routine". XD *is weird like that*

OMG YES <333 Tramp is such a charming doggie xDDD

I think it's safe to say I love all the Disney animal movies, like Bambi, Lady & the Tramp, Oliver & Company... I luvluv them so much <333

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Since it takes too long to look up a movie guide I'll just say whichever has puppies/dogs in it..Oh yeah Beethoven 1 & 2 was fully adorable..though it isnt my favi type of dog teh movie was teh best ive ever seen =3

<3 Nica--Go teh Beethoven!!

fallen_natsumixx

K a i o r a
    Years
    OH EM GEE! I forgot Eight Below! T__T I was so sad when the two doggies died... and HE DIDN'T FIND THE OTHER ONE!!

I also <3 BALTO, Bambi and OLIVER AND COMPANY!! <-- I like the part near the end of the movie when they start singing that song. XD

Yoko-Chan

Weirdo <.<
    Years
    unn....lets see, oh how about Lassie?
    I miss that serie a little, cuz I grew up with It and It brings back some of my childhood memories ;_;

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Ooh, I agree with Chuchino about the movie Flicka! I saw it the other day, and... it was so, so, so good. ^__^ Definitely one of the best movies about horses that I've ever seen, just like Black Beauty is.

However, since my ultimate favorite animals are dolphins, then I would have to say that all of the Free Willy movies, as well as Flipper, are tied for the top spot! <3 I watch them all obsessively whenever I have a chance to. I believe that the first Free Willy movie had the best storyline, but I still love the other ones and would highly recommend them to anyone.

I'll probably sound really weird when saying this, but... another one that I don't think can ever be beaten is the original JAWS movie! As much as I dislike sharks, I love to watch that movie. It's the most realistic of all of the other shark movies out there, in my opinion. While the shark does look a bit fake in several scenes--you've got to admit that it was a good model to have been made so many years ago. And the whole storyline, along with the main theme, just makes it even creepier.

BUT JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT IT WAS SAFE TO GO BACK INTO THE WATE--*bricked*

Okay, moving on now! XD I also enjoy watching all of the animated Disney movies that are about animals. I don't even have to name them, because I love them all. They're just so original and classic!

On another note, I'm desperate to see the new movie Duma. I've heard that it's really good. I'd even watch it just to listen to the peoples' South African accents, because I love theeem. ;_; The cheetahs in it make it even more wonderful.

Rena

i WILL save this patient!
    Years
    Balto; I loved that movie so much, it was sad, heartwarming, and the character designs were good too, my little sister watched the movie not to long ago, I watched part of it with and, and it was sooo cute!

Bambi; Thumper is awesome! This movie was great and I loved Thumper, so kawaii, I almost like every disney animal movie, I loved Bambi's adventures to most.

Lady and the Tramp; the noodle scene is <3!

I like even more animal movies, here's a list..
    ~ Free Willy
    ~ Flipper
    ~ Homeward Bound
    ~ My Dog Skip
    ~ The Lion King
    ~ and Spirit

Back