• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite animals

What are some of your favorite animals?

• Total voters

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
  • Okay here's the game:
    Name 3-10 of your favorite animals. For each of them,
    name a pokemon that is based off of, or shares definite characteristics
    with it. Then explain why. This will show all the similarities of the pokemon world and the real world, as well as showing your favorite animals! ^__^

Akarei Yorume

His servant forever... <3
    Years
  • Not in order except for the top three.

10. Phoenix. The phoenix shares characteristics with Moltres and Ho-oh. I love phoenixes because they are creatures of flame and majesty. I love the element of fire, and the element of air... the phoenix combines them both.

9. Tiger. Raikou. The tiger is a symbol of pride, and of the west. (I don't know why the WEST, but... Byakko of the West... meh.) It is the biggest cat in the world, and it likes water! ^^ Also... Konan's Akatsuki ring is of the White Tiger, Byakko.

8. Gryphon. No pokemon resembles a gryphon. The gryphon is a noble creature, loyally protecting its treasure, its people, and/or its young.

7. Fox. Ninetales. Anyway, I love foxes because they're tricksters. Their deceptive nature, especially the vixen who lures others with desire. And also, I love the Kyubi, the Kitsune, the nine-tailed fox. Either a symbol of love or the beast within.

6 Eagle. Staraptor, Pidgeot. The eagle is a symbol of freedom, of strength, and pride. It represents my country... and it is majestic as well. Loyal to their mates... brave and wise... I love eagles...

5 Owl. Hoothoot, Noctowl. I love the guardians of Ga'Hoole... and the owls are so silent... so precise... so deadly. They move through the air and shadows without a sound...

4 Wolf. Poochyena, Mightyena, Manectric, Arcanine, Suicune. The wolf is a very mysterious creature, a symbol of loneliness, sorrow, and beauty. Maybe also enduring, swift, silent, and loyal...

3 Weasel. Furret, Quilava, Buizel, Floatzel. The weasel is a cunning little trickster, manipulating and calculating. But... I love weasels for another reason, too... guess what weasel is in Japanese? ITACHI! :3

2 Crow. Murkrow, Honchkrow. Crows... oh my gosh. Crows are a symbol of the night and darkness... there's a long story about why I love crows. When I was a little kid, I LOVED the movie "Sleeping Beauty"... but not because of all the romance and crap. Maleficent, in my eyes, KICKED BUTT! I loved her and her raven, Diablo... they were awesome to me, and they still are. And... I love crows even more now that... well... Itachi uses crows with his Genjutsu! :3

1. Dragon. Charizard, Gyarados, Areodactyl, Dragonite, Kingdra, Lugia (yeah, I think of him as a kind of dragonish creature), Flygon, Salamence, Rayquaza, Garchomp, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina. (wow, that's a lot. XD) Dragons. Ah, the most amazing mythical creature in existence! Dragons are strong, wise, swift, cunning... very amazing creatures! ^v^ I'm too lazy to go on and explain how amazing dragons are, so I'll leave it at that. :3

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • Wow, nice post! I like all the mythological creatures! Yes, dragons are awesome.
    Lol, I meant to say why the animal is similar to the pokemon, not why you like it...But I like your idea too. Nice long post, anyway, is my point.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • This deals moreso with Pokemon than any type of actual discussion...
    so I'll move it to Pokemon general; sorry if I'm wrong here Aegis @A@

moved~

CHG-Swampert

Do not make Wigglytuff Laugh
    Years
  • I have a pet snake named Roscoe :P. Kangaroos are cool too but at the risk of 99999999 stereotypes eating me alive since i'm from Australia, i'd rather not vote for it lol...

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
    Years
  • #1: Bears!!!!! (If you know Condemned 2 well enough, you'll know why I love them so much) Bears just seem so feared, and so abundant!!! (If I'm wrong there, then, well.........................)

#2: Sharks!!!!! Pretty much for same reason as bears, and also granted that sharks have the ability to swim, way faster than any person can!!!

#3: Tortoise!! I have kind of a soft spot for tortoises, I guess because my um.........I guess you can call him a step-brother, but anyway, he has a pet tortoise, and I always thought that tortoise could run faster than any others in the known universe!!!

Now, for the transition into the pokemon world:
    1) Ursaring
    2) Sharpedo
    3) Turtwig (I could have chosen Torkoal, but I didn't. Why? The turtle I spoke of doesn't blow smoke from its back!!!)

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • I have a pet snake named Roscoe :P.
    Ooh, I have a pet snake named Nagini! She is an albino okeetee corn snake. What kind of snake is roscoe?

#1: Bears!!!!! (If you know Condemned 2 well enough, you'll know why I love them so much) Bears just seem so feared, and so abundant!!! (If I'm wrong there, then, well.........................)

#2: Sharks!!!!! Pretty much for same reason as bears, and also granted that sharks have the ability to swim, way faster than any person can!!!

#3: Tortoise!! I have kind of a soft spot for tortoises, I guess because my um.........I guess you can call him a step-brother, but anyway, he has a pet tortoise, and I always thought that tortoise could run faster than any others in the known universe!!!
    Ooh, I like those animals, too!

(I could have chosen Torkoal, but I didn't. Why? The turtle I spoke of doesn't blow smoke from its back!!!)
    Lol. I don't like Torkoal. Don't know why....
    But Turtwig is awesome, cute, and smaller and easier to manage than a Torkoal!

Last edited:

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
  • Ducks and Penguins...also I liek Sparrows...but where are the Ducks on that list? I didn't see em so i chose Penguins

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    1) Reptiles. Tyranitar mainly. I don't see other things representing it, besides perhaps Dinosaurs? If so, then Rhyperior and Rampardos could be put here.

2) Dragons. Salamence, Garchomp, Dragonite, and most of all, KINGDRA <33 8D Beasts of Ou.

3) Water dwellers. I absolutely adore all water types, and since a majority of them look like they live in the water, I'll categorize them all as water dwellers.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • Haha..I love how you said "Aquatic" and then later said jellyfish. X_x

I like turtles but when it comes to Pokemon, frogs own.

Croagunk, Toxicroak, Poliwag/whirl/wrath/toed are definite favorites.

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
  • This deals moreso with Pokemon than any type of actual discussion...
    so I'll move it to Pokemon general; sorry if I'm wrong here Aegis @A@

moved~

Actually, I am pretty sure that this should be in the Games thread. But hey, your the mod.

On topic. I can't think of 10 Pokemon right now but I will name one.

Animal: Dog/Hellhound
    Pokemon: Houndoom
    Reason: Who desn't love a Dog of Death? It is deadly and, correct me if I am wrong, is the only Fire/Dark type. Plus, in real life, dogs are my best friends. The most loyal animals in the world.

LugiaFreak

Years
  • Raccoon - Zigzagoon

I love raccoons. They're so cute! I love their tails. :P

Tiger - Raikou

Tigers are so beautiful and elegant, yet powerful. They were my favorite animal for a long time, but eventually raccoons squeezed their way up to number one. ^_^

Dragon - Charizard, Gyarados, Areodactyl, Dragonite, Kingdra, Flygon, Salamence, Rayquaza, Garchomp, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and most importantly, LUGIA! <3

I love dragons. They're so cool. :D

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • Haha..I love how you said "Aquatic" and then later said jellyfish. X_x
    Whoops... Sorry. I was so obsessed with getting an animal whose name starts with `j` that I didn't have room for more birds...

Animal: Dog/Hellhound
    Pokemon: Houndoom
    Reason: Who desn't love a Dog of Death? It is deadly and, correct me if I am wrong, is the only Fire/Dark type. Plus, in real life, dogs are my best friends. The most loyal animals in the world.
    Oh, I totally agree. dog+evil+fire+awesome bone armor=man's best fiend.

Ducks and Penguins...also I liek Sparrows...but where are the Ducks on that list? I didn't see em so i chose Penguins
    Yeah, ducks and penguins are awesome (as long as ducks aren't near me..). Aquatic birds ftw! I like flightless birds, so ducks probably get me at my favorite non-predatory flying bird.

Last edited:

ShadowWind

Senkei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
    Years
  • Dust mites aren't animals they are microcopic germs who feed off the dead layers of you skin that flake off while you sleep while they do live they are single celled therefore cannot qualify as animals =D

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • No.... dust mites are not bacteria, they're microorganisms. They are not single-celled, or else they would be much smaller and thus incapable of eating more than one skin cell. And your post is SPAM-ish.

Here's the wikipedia page on dust mites: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dust_mite
    If you look to the right side, you'll see they are in the animal kingdom.

Favorite animals
    <-dust mite
    Favorite animals
    <-bacteria

compare.

Last edited:

Bludycomicsinc

If you can read this.....
    Years
  • My favorite animal is the giraffe. My second has to be the parrot. The third is the eagle. I'm a bird lover.

Giraffarig is based on the giraffe.

Chatot is based on the parrot.

The eagle has to be a hard one. It's closest relative had to be pidgeoto.

I wonder why on earth you put dust mite up there. I guess it is an organism though. I wouldn't pick dust mites. I'm allergic to them.
    Favorite animals
    <-dust mite
    That's the thing I'm allergic to up there. The one that looks like a prehistoric creature.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • If you were allergic to them you'd be dead right now. They are microscopic, and crawling all over your body and bed as we speak.
    You must be thinking about something else.

And they really are the best animal. They clean everything; from spit, blood and skin cells on furniture, to all the miscellaneous crap that gets stuck to your skin (as well as your actual dead skin). If dust mites didn't exist, the world would be really disgusting.

HaosMew

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • 7. Penguin
    - Piplup, Prinplup and Empoleon.
    I love penguins, and when I saw these three, it was an answer to my prayers.
    6. Turtle
    - Turtwig, Grotle and Torterra.
    Turtles are awesome, and they look really cool.
    5. Dog
    - Suicune, Raikou and Entei.
    I'm a dog person. Plus these three are on my Top 10 favourite legendaries.
    4. Eagle
    - Pidgey, Pidgeotto and Pidgeot.
    I love birds, and these three are the classic companions to your starter pokemon.
    3. Panda
    - Spinda.
    I love Panda's, but I really don't like Spinda. I wish Nintendo would make a better Panda pokemon.
    2. Kangaroo
    - Kangaskhan.
    My favourite Safari Zone pokemon. I love Kangaroo's because I live near them (yes, I live in Australia).
    1. Armadillo
    - Snadshrew and Sandslash.
    Just like Spinda, I don't really like either of these two pokemon and I pray that Nintendo will make a better Armadillo pokemon in the future.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • Ooh, nice choices! I also hate Spinda. I don't think it even looks like a panda, it just looks dumb.
    The only reason I believe it's a panda is because of its pokedex title: "spin panda".

Back