• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Anime Film

Years
  • Pitch us your favorite anime film that maybe nobody has heard of.

My favorite is The Place Promised in Our Early Days. It's kind of psychological, and beautifully animated.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Kiki's Delivery Service was one of the first anime films I watched. Everyone at Elementary School hated to watch it every year because it was the lunch lady's favorite movie, but every time it played, I was entertained. I love the movie a lot. The lunch lady passed away around 2004/5 I believe and they played the movie again as a tribute so I guess the movie has a little more meaning to me lol.

Pokemon 3 The Movie is also another favorite anime movie of mine. My father bought it for me on DVD and I love the entire soundtrack, the theme, the battles. It was all so epic and fun.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I'm sure plenty of people have heard of it, but my favorite full-length film anime is Princess Mononoke.

Espeonrules

~Pokemon Fan-Girl~
    Years
  • Mine is Sprited Away, hands down. It's such a beautiful movie. Man, all of Miyazaki's films are AMAZING.

I also loved Pokemon: The First Movie. It holds a special place in my heart since it was the first anime movie I'd ever watched...I begged my parents to get it for me, haha. The part where Ash turns to stone still has me in tears anytime I see it.

Years
  • I like Spirited Away as well, and also Howl's Moving Castle. You know, childhood favorites. Also, the Bleach movies and Wolf Children Ame and Yuki.

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    I love Spirited Away and Kiki's Delivery Service. I remember when Disney channel would show Kiki's Delivery Service every October. I'd watch that all the time.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I grew up with the Pokémon movies but never really considered them as their own thing, y'know? My first 'legit' anime movie was Spirited Away, and it remains one of my top favorites just for the memories with it. Since then though, his other movies like Howl's Moving Castle and From Up On Poppy Hill have been some of my favorites.

I think a strong contender for my all-time favorite anime movie is Wolf Children.

Professor_Jared

Mr. Fish trainer
    Years
  • Summer Wars, Macross: DYRL, Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack, and Lupin the III: The Castle of Cagliostro, because it was hard to choose just one and because all of these films are my favorites when it comes to anime films.

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Good to see I have a couple of Kikibros in here. Such a perfect film, one that I have a lot of nostalgia for but still love as much now as I did back then.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I really liked Summer Wars, Wolf Children, and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. More recently I watched The Wind Rises which was also a pretty good film.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Can't argue with Ghibli, all of them are brilliant of course. I love Only Yesterday and Whisper of the Heart. I think all Ghibli films are worth watching, yes even Ocean Waves, but maybe not Earthsea.

Anyway my favourite is the second Patlabor film. Well animated, interesting story (reminds me of Metal Gear Solid) consider a watch if you like ~srs~ anime, directed by Mamoru Oshii.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2014
    Spirited Away is awesome. Pokemon 2000 is another one I'd put high up there, but I think that's more for nostalgic reasons than actually being a "good" film. And well, DBZ Battle of Gods was quite good, too.

Years
  • I love most of the ghibli movies great story and art. Also because the creator also made a childhood favorite anime called Future Boy Conan my favorite. But recently I just watched an anime called the girl who leapt through time amazing great story art funny also kind of sad but I loved it.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • The Girl Who Leapt Through Time was fantastic, and I personally love Miyazaki's films and would normally say they're my favorite but I would feel like a bandwagon. Instead, I'll just say that the Inuyasha movies never get old. Except the first one, I never loved it. But Fire on Mystic Island is probably my favorite since Castle Through the Looking Glass reminds me of Inception now and I just

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
  • I would say that Higashi no Eden Movie and number 2 would have to be my favourite anime movie(s), Mainly because the only other anime movies I've seen are pokemon ones.

Back