• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Anime Genres

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
  • I don't know if this has been asked, so what is your favorite anime genre?
    Here's a complete list and description
    Spoiler:

Outlier

Shonen. I think all other genres you listed are told much better through other mediums i.e comic books, movies, TV shows etc. I find most anime/manga to be pretty damn cringe worthy to be honest.

Shadowraze

ur mum
    Years
  • I like Shounen, Mystery, Action, Slice of Life, Sci-Fi for genres and sometimes harem if you're into that thing. :3

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Shounen, Seinen, Adventure, Mystery, Comedy, Romance and Ecchi would probably be the ones I like the most.

Years
  • Action and Shounen. Shoujo is a genre I only like when reading manga because putting high-pitched Japanese female voices to a character sometimes ruins the character for me \: I prefer to be watching bishounen with attractive voices (;

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • In no particular order, I like sci-fi, ecchi, harem, josei, fantasy, and psychological. The ones I like the best are the ones that are a combination of two or more of them, like Chobits (sci-fi, ecchi, psychological), Witchblade (sci-fi, fantasy, psychological, ecchi), and Rosario + Vampire (fantasy, ecchi, harem) just to name a few.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I generally like everything to be honest, aside from romance and horror. Two of my most favorites, though, would probably have to be action and adventure. Another's ecchi.

Yukiyo Kayume

Dragon Goddess
    Years
  • my favorite genres are Adventure, Fantasy and Romance - I probably won't watch an anime if it doesn't have at least one of these!

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2021
    I'd have to go with game and kids for my favorite anime genres. Most of my favorite shows are from these two genres.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • @-Lapras- I'd say most of them all genres, especially Action, Adventure , Sci-Fi, Horror, Drama , and Comedy since those are actual genres in TV and movies. Shounen, Shojo, and Seinen too to an extent , but let's not get too nitty-gritty over the definition of a genre.

I really get into slice-of life and comedies a lot. One of favorite slice of life anime is Lucky Star (which I personally say should be on the list of example since it's pretty notable in that genre. It's a comedy too, but definely not a romantic comedy unless you think Konata's jokingly flirting with Kagami romantic.) I'm alway in for a good laugh. I also like a adventure , action and shounen/seinen too.

Yukiyo Kayume

Dragon Goddess
    Years
  • Fantasy/Adventure/Romance are my favorites, Action is good too if it is combined with one of the aforementioned genres.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Mecha, Slice of Life, Seinen and Shounen. They are the main genres I watch since just about everything comes under shounen and seinen. Also donyatsu should have its own category.

Back