• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite anime openings/ending (Songs also)? (Anime from 2012))

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
Hey guys, I just wanted to see what your favorite anime openings are from this year forward. Since we already had previous threads about your favorite anime openings/endings in general, but, now I want to to hear, what's your favorite from this year?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
If we're only talking about recent anime, then the Kids on the Slope opening takes it in a cakewalk. Granted, it's the only anime I'm watching at the moment, but that doesn't diminish its awesomeness as a theme song. It starts off nice and slow-ish, and then crescendos half-way through, only to bring about a trumpet solo towards the end. Not only great in its own right, it's a perfect accompaniment to the show itself, and a wonderful mood-setter for the 20 minutes of entertainment to follow.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
Oh man ._.

I think the opening for Tsuritama is my favorite. The Enoshima dance is just fun, and Fuji Fabric is amazing u_u Good luck finding a good quality video of the opening on youtube though. I also love how in the chorus, they say the names of all four of the main characters(Yuki, Natsuki, Akira, and Haru) whether it has the same meaning as the character's name or not.

Years
My answer is basically the same as Cat Dog's. Sakamichi is the only thing from this year I'm watching, but I've always liked YUKI and Yoko Kanno's compositions so this opening is made of awesome for me. The show is really good, too, which makes the opening a great thing to psych you up for it.

Years
Oh man ._.

I think the opening for Tsuritama is my favorite. The Enoshima dance is just fun, and Fuji Fabric is amazing u_u Good luck finding a good quality video of the opening on youtube though. I also love how in the chorus, they say the names of all four of the main characters(Yuki, Natsuki, Akira, and Haru) whether it has the same meaning as the character's name or not.

I love the opening and the series too

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I haven't seen much of Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's, but I really like this Japanese opening theme (Believe in Nexus):

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
I haven't seen any of the new OP/EDs for this new season, I would wait but OP/EDs normally have to grow on me. So I'll go ahead and go with what I currently like. I'm also going by OP/EDs that aired in 2012 (not just the anime. For example, Light My Fire from Shana 3 would be on this list, and Shana 3 did air in 2012, but that OP was never in a 2012 ep).

~ OP ~
~ Anime: Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
~ Song: CHOIR JAIL

~ ED ~
~ Anime: Fairy Tail
~ Song: Glitter (Starving Trancer Remix)

BlazingLink

Sergeant Serious
Years
I gotta say, Ending 6 of SKET Dance has really beaten all the others as far as actual quality. Something awesome too is that all the voice actors are singing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK7-qgjQSCk&feature=colike

The sixth opening is also really great.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
There aren't many anime that came out in 2012 that I watch...actually, there aren't any, but there are two anime openings and one endingthat did come out in 2012 that I like. The first being Fight Together, a One Piece opening (I think it's from 2012, either way, it's awesome, but it may contain spoilers):
Spoiler:

The second being the second opening (Key Plus Words, which is sung by Yumi Kawamura and Shiroko Hirata, the singers for Persona 3 and 4 respectively) and the ending to Persona 4 (the Way of Memories), both of which aired in 2012:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
There are actually two ending themes that stand out to me more than anything else so far thus far - I'm not actually a fan of the openings from the shows I've seen this year, soooo I'll cheat and post two endings!

The first is the third ending to Yu-Gi-Oh ZeXal, Wild Child by Moumoon.

Next is the ending theme from That Summer We Waited, this was something I found myself sitting through with just about everything episode. I love the sequence itself as well as the song.

Back