• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Anime Quotes?

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
Years
  • Are There Any Anime Quotes You Love After Hearing? Post 'em Here!

The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya
    'Well done Haruhi. You got People Calling You "God" Now' - Kyon
    'Aliens,Time Travelers, Ghosts, Monsters, Espers, Evil Cindicets, Anime Slash Manga Slash Fantasy Flick Heros That Fight The Evil Cindicets Were Also Fake' - Kyon
    'No Wa-' 'Way' - Kyon & Yuki

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
  • Sometimes, no matter what kind of effort you put in, it just doesn't really pay off.
    Coach Kamogawa (Hajime No Ippo)

No Matter How Gifted you are.. You alone cannot Change the World
    "L" (Death Note)

All humans die the same, the place they go after death isn't decided upon by a god it is Mu (nothingness).
    Ryuk (Death Note)

Those are some that I like just because there true (at least for me).

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Well these from what I remember.

Yuuko-xxxHolic said:
    Kono sekai de wa guzen de wa nai subete wa hitsuzen
    (In this world there's nothing like coincidence everything's inevitable)

Sakuma Eitaro-Maccademi Wasshoi said:
    If you want to stop me, then get that bastard Lucifer or someone to do it!

Suzumiya Haruhi-Disappearance of Haruhi said:
    Dreams start by believing.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 29, 2017
    Lelouch Vi Britannia said:
    (To Charles zi Britannia) "That ... I ... I reject you, and I reject everything you believe. Why do people lie, it isn't only because they struggle against each other, it's also because there is something that they're seeking. You now want a world without change. How stagnant, you could hardly call it life. The same as a world of memories, just a world that's closed and completed, that's a place I wouldn't want to live in.

Sexiest quote ever. To those who don't know it's from Code geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2.

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years
  • I chose long ones~ (spoiler tags for your convenience xD)
    All from first episodes (pretty much). But I guess with a couple of them, you probably had to have watched the anime to get the full effect...

Of Life... (from Clannad)

Spoiler:

Of Love... (from Toradora!)

Spoiler:

Of Poverty... (from Hayate no Gotoku!)

Spoiler:

Sosuke Aizen

Aizen
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Sep 30, 2010
    "The Sōsuke Aizen you knew...never existed to begin with." -Aizen
    "No one stands on the top of the world. Not you, not me, not even gods. But the unbearable vacancy of the throne in the sky is over. From now on...I will be sitting on it." -Aizen
    "I suppose it is only to be expected. You have my pity. There is no such thing as "truth" or "lies" in this world; there never has been. There is only plain, hard facts. And yet, all beings who exist in this world take only those "facts" that are convenient to them, and take them to be the "truth". They do so because they know no other way to live. However, for those powerless beings that make up the majority of this world it is those "facts" that are inconvenient for their own self-affirmation that make up the real "truth"." -Aizen
    "...But living creatures are truly mysterious, you know? Despite the nature of what they wish for with their stunted hearts, they are built so that they are able to realize such." -Aizen
    "If you do not know it, then I shall enlighten you. This is the form of true despair." -Ulquiorra
    "Art is an explosion!" -Deidara
    "This is great! I'm getting goosebumps all over my body, Little Sebast! If I have your child, I will definitely give birth to it!" -Grell

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
  • Karin:
    OH! MY! GOD! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! - Winner

Code Geass:
    If a king does not lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?
    I, Lelouch Vi Brittania, hereby order you to DIE!
    - Lelouch

A few epic sounding ones. Although I've probably worded them wrong.

Years
  • [jq]Listen up! Let's say you drink too much strawberry milk, and have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, but it's cold outside your bed. You don't want to get up, but the urge to urinate is just too strong! You make up your mind to go! You run to the bathroom, stand in front of the toilet, and let loose! You think that all your life has led to this moment! But then you realize. It isn't the bathroom! You're still in bed! That feeling of lukewarm wetness spreads like wildfire! But you don't stop! You can't stop! That's what I'm talking about! That's the truth of the strawberry milk! Do you get it?[/jq]
    Sakata Gintoki

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • [jq]Listen up! Let's say you drink too much strawberry milk, and have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, but it's cold outside your bed. You don't want to get up, but the urge to urinate is just too strong! You make up your mind to go! You run to the bathroom, stand in front of the toilet, and let loose! You think that all your life has led to this moment! But then you realize. It isn't the bathroom! You're still in bed! That feeling of lukewarm wetness spreads like wildfire! But you don't stop! You can't stop! That's what I'm talking about! That's the truth of the strawberry milk! Do you get it?[/jq]
    Sakata Gintoki

Seriously, LOL! I really want to see the anime scene where this quote was delivered... Simply hilarious...

I've heard some inspiring anime quotes as well, but I'm not able to pinpoint them right now (mainly from FMA, Bleach, and One Piece...)

One I remember from the Naruto manga is, upon first encountering the Sound 4, Sasuke says "I'm not exactly feeling cheery at the moment" (it felt like Sasuke just said it matter-of-factly, without any unneeded emphasis). And although I'm a Naruto dub fanatic, I think they ruined this scene in the anime, because Sasuke just 'growls' "DON'T MESS WITH ME. I'M IN A REALLY BAD MOOD!" (you have to hear the line to get the full effect) which IMO throws off the whole scene and skews Sasuke's depiction of silent contemplation.

I'm sure there are much better quotes that await me, though...I remember Ichigo mentioning "give me the blade that can shatter fate" or something to that effect...

Back