• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Favorite Anime Soundtrack(s)

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
  • Which anime(s) do you think has the best soundtrack? Although quite a bit mainstream these days, my favorite is Sword Art Online's soundtrack. Flawless IMO :P

Years
  • Very much depends on my mood and if you're wanting soundtracks that integrate into the series perfectly or just one with plenty of stand out tracks for listening on the train. Sometimes series do have tracks I like but they'r just kind of there, on top of everything.

For the moment I'm not going to give my absolute favourites but as you've mentioned SAO I'll write a little about my favourites from Yuki Kaijura. Noir and Madlax are the standouts. I think older Kaijura soundtracks have slightly more variety in them, they're still unmistakably hers but they're more creative. A lot of her recent stuff is still cool but you know pretty much exactly what you're going to get.

Wanted to post something from Noir but most of those have been taken down.
    Spoiler:

I see She's working on the ERASED anime this season. How's that one going?

Fourpaws

Cosplay-Trainer!
    Years
  • It really depends on what kind of soundtrack you´d like. In my opignion, the soundtrack of "Puella Magi Madoka Magica" is the best soundtrack in existance, but it is not for everyone. A similiar style is found in "Shinsekai Yori" but those are mystery and somewhat emotional soundtracks. You´d most likely only like those if you are a fan of that kind of music or, like me, a huge fan of both shows.
    Guilty crown does have a soundtrack which is good on its own but... it is nothing outstanding. Honestly, some anime-ish soundtrack can be found in the game "Xenoblade Chronicles X" and I can only highly recommend that you check that soundtrack out. I know it is not from an anime but the soundtrack could be from one. If you would like to have some examples feel free to message me for links ^^

pkmin3033

I am a huge, huge fan of Yasuharu Takanashi's Precure works...even his HeartCatch stuff, as much as I dislike that season. Suite Precure in particular has the most perfect anime soundtrack I've ever heard, with an absolutely spectacular blend of orchestral, choir, and heavy rock. It takes real skill to blend those together. Takanashi does it with style across four seasons and nine movies...and also in Sailor Moon Crystal, as a side note. That doesn't quite reach the same heights as Suite and Smile, but it's definitely up there as some of his better works.

There is no better magical girl OST than Suite Precure, though...although Yuki Yuna, which was composed by Keiichi Okabe - the individual responsible for NieR's soundtrack - comes very, VERY close. Half the tracks are just translated as stars. The more stars the track has, the better it seems to be.

Noein also has an amazingly atmospheric soundtrack. Shangri-La is easily my favourite non-magical girl battle theme, and I love how haunting both of Karasu's themes are.

I like overdramatic stuff, so shoot me

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I think overall One Piece has my favorite OST (Note: When I speak of OST, I'm speaking of BGM, mainly). Both FMA series also have great OSTs. I also love a number of tracks from the Ouran High School Host Club anime, especially the ones with very Baroqueish instrumentation/feel like this and this. Lupin the III Part II also has a delightful 70s OST - its openings and BGM.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Naruto Part I OST is nostalgic. I love DBZ's Bruce Faulconer OST. Yu Yu Hakusho OST is amazing too.

Number 1 OST goes to Fooly Cooly. Absolute favorite.

Years
  • So a couple of ppl like Yuki Kajiura's stuff as she worked on SAO and PMMM. I haven't listened to a lot from her but I do love the music she did for Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles. Honestly the music was the best part of that (terrible) anime.

I also like Yoko Kanno's music. I love the music she's done for Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell and Darker than Black.

Both FMA series also have great OSTs.
    Yeah I completely agree here.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • like almost every single one of fairy tail and pokemon
    them anime soundtracks of those two series are toooo perfect​

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Fairy Tail's, Naruto's, Oda Nobuna no Yabou's (Yasuharu Takanashi is the one responsible for all of them), I like some of Yuki Kajiura's works but not all of them (Kara no Kyoukai works were possibly her best, imo), some of Hiroyuki Sawano's works (he was brilliant in Kill la Kill and Attack on Titan) and Gintama's OST (all the tracks are amazing!).

But if I had to say which OST I prefer the most right now it would, hands down, be Shinsekai Yori's OST. It has tracks that are too beautiful to describe with words. Kage no Deshouka's (Song of Shadows) three versions are all amazing - the versions with and without vocals - all of them! Everytime these songs played in the anime, they did for specific reasons and only came on in moments where shit was about to go down. They managed to send chills down my spine everytime.

Do not go to youtube to listen to these tracks. Suggested videos have heavy spoilers in the titles! Check them out here if you want to.
    Kage no Denshouka Dai Ichibu
    Spoiler:

Kage no Denshouka Dai Nibu
    Spoiler:

This one, especially, is my favorite. Quite possibly my single most favorite soundtrack in all of anime.
    Kage no Denshouka Dai Sanbu
    Spoiler:

Then there are those amazing ED songs that it has. EDs may or may not come under "OST" according to different people but I'd include them since they help form the overall package. This series has no opening songs and two ED songs. But both the EDs are just simply gorgeously animated and sung beautifully so that kind of makes up for the lack of any OP.

Wareta Ringo
    Spoiler:

This is Kana Hanazawa's best song that she's ever sung, imo. And one of the most beautiful ED songs I've ever heard, too.

Yuki ni Saku Hana
    Spoiler:

And because these songs and soundtracks are all intertwined with my memory of this really unique series that had me at the edge of my seat at all times, I don't really think I'm forgetting about these for a good amount of time. Gonna stay my favorite piece of musical works in anime for a long, long time to come.

Years
  • nice music you have there derozio here is one of mine from gintama :) hope you like it.

Years
  • But this is my favorite anime and anime music ever i'm so pumped and wish i could learn swordsmanship by hearing that everyday during my training :)

Days
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    The Sakamoto Desu ga OP is a great way to represent the best show of the season (for now). Only this show could pull off making a great OP out of just one guy.

Days
    • Seen Jul 22, 2023
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure OP 2
    I quite enjoy this one. It's not as good as OP 1, but at the same time it's different enough from OP 1 to be judged independently ... and I almost feel like it's OP 1's equal when I do that. I really quite like it. Great song, great (if trippy) visuals, just all around a good OP that makes you want to watch the show and know what it's about.

Days
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Tokyo Ghoul OP:

Psycho Pass vibes all over this opening. I think its the same band that did the first Psycho-Pass opening, and the artwork is pretty similar even if the show is nothing like Psycho-Pass. Introduction is amazing on this song.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-Kun OP:

And this is the catchiest opening of the season. Its in a similar style to the Space Dandy opening, although I don't think its quite as good as the Space Dandy opening. Nice to listen to though, I don't think i'd skip past it when watching.

Back