• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen FAVORITE AREAS

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • So, regardless of whether or not an area got completely redesigned, a lot of places that have the same layout look ridiculously cool in the new graphics! What are some of your places to visit in ORAS, and out of the new looks we got, which is your favorite place that has been upgraded?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Most places didn't really catch my eye, but I did like the end of Ever Grande City and Sootopolis City, especially the area before the Cave of Origin. Route 120 is really nice at night though.

But those are really the only 2 places I can think of that I loved.

Buu

Rocket Executive
    Years
  • I would have to say the Aqua base redesign is really nice especially the entrance and Sky pillar is nice too.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    CAPS

The redesigns of Sea Mauville and the Sky Pillar were great. Sea Mauville is now more than that place you go to to get a few items and now has it's own (relatively) dark backstory that you have to piece together. And that's on top of the items you can get and the Pokemon you can catch.

With the Sky Pillar I was glad that it got it's own theme instead of reusing an unimpressive track used elsewhere in the game. Ok I know it's actually just the music from that one scene in Emerald but it's still better than the music for it in R/S/E. Oh and no more stupid Mach Bike shit. \o/

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 3, 2018
    The entrance to team Magma's base looks pretty cool!
    If the event area Faraway island was still present, I'd be mostly hanging out there. idk, i like such locations :)
    Areas aside, I love the new soar ability. Beautiful during night.

Coffee

Banned
    Years
  • I really like the Southern Island because of the camera angle and the music. The environment also looks amazing.
    I also love the looks of soaring around hoenn :)

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Fortree City was my favorite back in the RSE days.
    Sootopolis, Slateport and Lilycove are now my hangout spot.

Years
  • Fortree City and its surrounding routes were beautifully crafted, and I felt like the post-game areas were quite pretty as well despite not being the Battle Frontier, haha. Hard to pick just one though!

Years
  • For some reason, I really love how amazing that beach near Slateport became with the 3D facelift. The fact I can now actually sit on the deckchairs is probably why.

I also enjoy exploring the water routes because the water looks so goddamn beautiful now.

Years
  • Honestly, I love Hoenn as a whole. It's refreshing to explore Kanto/Johto/Hoenn after wandering around the super linear lands of Unova or Kalos. Not that I dislike Unova or Kalos. For me, they just don't compare to the overall layouts of the first several regions.

But if I had to pick a particular Hoenn location...
    I really like the desert section of Hoenn...mostly for the music that plays there.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Slateport City is still my favorite Hoenn place because of the music. OR/AS did a very good job at remixing it. Meteor Falls comes in close because I loved the graphic overhaul of the stones.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    Meteor Falls and Rustboro Cave for me, the inside 3D affect in these locations are amazing. I was really pleased when I got my new 3DS (in March 2015) and turning it on whilst in those caves was the best, especially after playing it on a 2DS for however many months.

Years
  • I really like Route 114, as in 3D those craters look really cool. That and Meteor Falls, the place it leads up to, which looks really cool in 3D. For that matter, a lot of locations were good in that they actually gave them unique battle backgrounds (i.e. the Abandoned Ship, New Mauville, the Sky Pillar, etcetera).

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • FAVORITE AREAS

FAVORITE AREAS

So if you haven't visited Route 120 at night yet, you should probably go ahead and do so because it looks way more amazing in-game than it does on the internet.

_GlItChY_NiNeTaLeS_

Can't Forget The Flying Eggplant
    Years
  • Pacifidog Town, because I've always liked it from the beginning because most people don't live on raft towns floating in the middle of the ocean, but now instead of the rafts that serve as a walkway kinda 'disapearing', there's a little splash animation when you walk on them.

Back