• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Card (Yugioh)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    *points to the Raiza also in deck* XD

Honestly, tell me a competitive deck nowadays that does not have Raiza ;_; I *think* that only the Canadian champion's gadget deck does not have it or something... but I don't have decklist to verify that.

I'm surprised that nobody said Dark Magician Girl and Dark Magician yet =3

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    I like DMOC and Dark Magician actually!^^ Also as for Raiza, well I have bene trying to get Diablos since Force of the Breaker came out(It's like my favorite card because of its effect and it's so cool looking), but I keep opening packs and I even got Pegasus and two Raizas looking for the wittle Dragon.;_;

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Pegasus and/or Raiza = access to trade for any card within that same booster

Problem solved XD;

Oh DMOC has many reasons to like, but liking Dark Magician is liking Pikachu in Pokemon ^^ It is horrible. It has supports, but its supports are all very subpar in most cases. In fact, Dark Magician's main support is actually spellcaster support. Really, the only one he got that is usable is Skilled Dark Magician, but still it acts more of a beatstick than really for the 3 counter-tribute ability. Pretty sure no one uses Dark Magic Attack, Dedication of Light and Darkness, all the nomi Dark Magicians or Thousand knives -_-;

But then again, if you want to see real lameness (Dark Magician is just poorly designed but not lame), there is always the Elemental Heroes.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Speaking of nomi-Dark Magicians...let's not forget Dark Eradicator Warlock. That 1000 burn for every Normal Spell is almost good enough to play the darn things. Plus, you only really need one Dark Magician since you've got Skilled and a number of other recursion effects with which to pull it out from the graveyard. :3

But yeah, as a whole Dark Magician is horribly overrated. -.-

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Pegasus and/or Raiza = access to trade for any card within that same booster

Problem solved XD;

Oh DMOC has many reasons to like, but liking Dark Magician is liking Pikachu in Pokemon ^^ It is horrible. It has supports, but its supports are all very subpar in most cases. In fact, Dark Magician's main support is actually spellcaster support. Really, the only one he got that is usable is Skilled Dark Magician, but still it acts more of a beatstick than really for the 3 counter-tribute ability. Pretty sure no one uses Dark Magic Attack, Dedication of Light and Darkness, all the nomi Dark Magicians or Thousand knives -_-;

But then again, if you want to see real lameness (Dark Magician is just poorly designed but not lame), there is always the Elemental Heroes.

Adressing the first point about traiding:
    I have a second Raiza and I was wondering what to do with it, so thanks for the idea. Although,I will keep Pegasus because I kinda wanan start my Crystal Beast Deck when Rainbow Dragon comes out.

I agree with you but Skileld Dark magician I use in my deck for the sole reason its a 4 star monster with 1900 attacka nd 1700 defense. I mean like DMOC its one of the few Dark magicans that can be used. Dedication of Light and Darkness is only good if you have like three DMs in your deck and do what I normally do and discard it and revive it. Coversly, this sia lso what you can do with a DMOC.

The elemental heroes are the cheesiest superheroes...EVER. >.<;

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Dark Magician of Chaos is restricted to one ^^; It's easier to summon him directly than Dedication through Light and Darkness... And that you said is exactly what I said about Skilled Dark Magician being used more as a beatstick than for its actual "thematic" support. It's the stats that make it good with the 3 counter special ability as the cream on top, while it's *supposed* to be the other way around.

Not saying that the 3 counter thing is not usable, but try switching its atk/def around to be identical of that to Skilled White Magician, and see if it's still used in the same manner... bet that it won't be used or at most only 1 a deck XD; Magical Dimension (generic spellcaster support) is just far superior and more flexible in terms of being reliable.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Officially, I'd say that Kuriboh has become more of a trademark of Yu-Gi-Oh then Dark Magician these days, especially a certain, more annoying winged variety.

Um... I just like Carbuncle because its design looks like it got hocked from Pokemon and because it can be used for an OTK finish. Yes, Pegasus may be the usual method with which to pull it, but without a Carbuncle to pull, all the Crystal Beasts could do on their own would be annoy the opponent. I'm going to ditch my sorry Gadgetgear deck in favor of a Crystal Beast swarmer once I get my hands on a few more Beasts.

Anyway, yesh, Dark Magician ain't all that great, and DMG is basically only in existence for fanservice purposes. XD

Gate Guardian? Jeez, isn't that that one card that's too annoying to get on the field in the first place to bother with, especially since he gets pwned by Hammer Shot or Smashing Ground? (Sorry about the bashing, but if you liked Gate Guardian because you thought it was the best out there, you've been watching too much Duelist Kingdom)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Welllll... Gate Guardian is part of the ultra-rogue combo of UFORoid fighter OTK? Gate Guardian has the highest atk power XD; Zakiro posted here back then about it =p

Not to mention, kuriboh is made famous by some other certain fan-made series of YGO <3 I guess that you're right

Crystal Beasts can do hectic lot without OTK... just that they draw heck of a lot as well. Abundance, rare value and of course, rainbow ruins are all powerful support ^^

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Not to mention, kuriboh is made famous by some other certain fan-made series of YGO <3 I guess that you're right

You all do realize we have multiple threads here dedicated to talking about a certain children's card game, right? XD

Draw, yes. But how do they actually win? Peck away at the opponent's life points? Crystal Raigeki their field clean and then attack? Smashing Ground, etc. into enternity? HOW DO YOU FINISH THE OPPONENT USING CRYSTAL BEASTS WITHOUT OTK!?!? *brain explodes*

Yesh, Ashishi ish a n00b.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Same way that most control decks do, I imagine. With enough crystalized beasts Rainbow Ruins gives you a free draw each turn and also doubles up as a non-exhaustible Magic Jammer; that alone puts quite a bit of pressure on your opponent. Now throw in its special summoning ability (Meaning that at a far enough point every beast your opponent destroys jumps right back to the field on the next turn) and the Crystal Beast supports like Crystal Promise and Rare Value and you've got the ability to simply overpower your opponent by sheer volume, plunking down beast after beast while your opponent is stuck with their measly one draw per turn. Topaz Tiger, Crystal Pegasus and Amber Mammoth are all formidable beatsticks and what they can't handle alone Smashing Ground and Shrink will. :3

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Crystal Beasts strive to fill up the back row, throw out ruins when they can, then try to get all of their keycards to win. Now, how does drawing help at all?

Well, drawing *6* cards in one turn may do it o____o Your chance of getting carbuncle, or your nifty spells just skyrocket when it happens. It may also help to almost guarantee your draw of smashing ground to clear the way for direct attacks.

How else do you plan to stay alive against destiny monarchs unless you draw just as much as them o.o

But honestly, I am not familiar with crystal beasts because they have so many spell supports it's so confusing XD; Well I'm also a bit lazy about it lately too, yeah... lol, look at all these people going crazy into talking about why their favorite card is justified. Afterall...

Card games are SERIOUS business!

in America

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    But honestly, I am not familiar with crystal beasts because they have so many spell supports it's so confusing XD; Well I'm also a bit lazy about it lately too, yeah... lol, look at all these people going crazy into talking about why their favorite card is justified. Afterall...

MY NAME IS ACC. MY FAVORITE CARD IS RUBY CARBUNCLE, SECOND ONLY TO NEO-SPACIAN BLACK PANTHER. THAT IS ALL.

Wait, does this mean Children's Card Games are just like the internet?

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Dude, you seriously need to find a nice girl to hang out with. XD

Joking, joking... although I have to say that talking to a piece of paper does warrant an inquiry as to the state of your mental health.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    No they didn't... How can a card be banned if it was never playable in the first place? :P

Besides, we completely settled that ages ago and your post was irrelevant to the topic.

Back