• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Champion Theme

Who has the Best Champion Theme?

• Total voters

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2018
Whilst I voted Cynthia originally, I have come to adore Diacntha's battle theme and it has replaced Cynthia's as my favourite. <3

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
Years
Lance/Red's theme. 'Cmon. There's a REASON its so iconic. It feels like you're under a constant assault.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Either Blue or Steven for me. They're both fast and intense and they seem fitting for a Champion's theme.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
There is only one correct answer here and yall know what it is

VS Cynthia

You walk into her room and hear the theme from that, which sounds like you are talking to someone you know but has a hugely suspenseful sound. Then you hear the first 2.5 seconds of the battle theme, and you know shit is about to go down. The drum line that finishes the intro and runs throughout the theme sets the tone for the rest of the music. The repeated melodies that rise and fall just reinforce that Cynthia is a graceful but powerful opponent. The percussion running in the background give the melodies variety. ITs just great. And nostalgia from my first game. That too.

2nd place goes to the hidden track in XY, a remix of Blue's theme. To put it as all the cool kids seem to be doing, that shit is fire.

Iris's theme is an easy 3rd. the electronic bars fit her so well, and the bells are a nice touch.

Stephen (and Wallace) and Lance's themes just are a little... intense. Like, they do fit a final battle, but they don't portray the importance of what is going down as much as Cynthia's. Then again, I think all of the Hoenn themes are a little heavy...

Diantha's has the exact opposite problem, it sounds too light and magical for a final boss. Diantha is just too... I dunno... She doesn't make a good Champion when thrown next to the others on this list.

And Alder's theme is just lazy. It's terrible. Like, just looping his overworld theme would be better (his overworld theme is awesome).

As for which one motivated me the most, I'll say say Cynthia>Iris>Blue=Lance/Red=Stephen/Wallace=Diantha>>>>>>>Alder

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Out of the Pokemon Champion battle themes that I've heard:
-Gary Oak of Generation 1 (also known as Blue/Green; heard out of context)
-Lance/Red of Generation 2
-Gary Oak of Generation 3 (also known as Blue/Green)
-Steven Stone/Wallace of Generation 3 (the first Champion battle theme that I ever heard)
-Lance/Red of Generation 4 (heard out of context)

...I would have to give the award to Steven Stone/Wallace's Hoenn Pokemon Champion battle theme of Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. It's just rife with intensity and the sense of an "against-all-odds battle", with great build-ups (Hoenn Pokemon Champion encounter theme, as well as the song's nice immediate build-up introductory phrase)! ^^ Maybe it's a product of me being so familiar with this song...? {XD}

-Lance/Red's Johto Champion battle theme from Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver has one of the most "simultaneously pretty/solemn" introductory phrases ever; the instrumentation (piano) is just so delicate, as if rustled feathers are gracefully settling on the ground right before a violent volcanic/geyser eruption (or something of that nature {XD}), ending in a climactic segment.. The sense of challenge persistent throughout the song is just amazing, and I feel that the arrangement did wonders for the original composition.

-Gary's Kanto Champion battle theme from Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen was quite the auditory spectacle! I have seen some people liken it to a "chaotic cluster'truck' of instruments", but I really like the melodic portrayal of "pushing forward within seemingly insurmountable chaos".. :) Some people say that Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen didn't do justice to the original song compositions of Pokemon Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow, but I thought that the remakes did an excellent job. I like how the introductory beeping of the song's original version conveys a bit more of an unsettling sense at the point in the game in which it plays, though. (And why isn't this song in the Super Smash Bros. series yet? At this rate, it's arguably one of the most remixed battle themes! This song is to Pokemon as "The Dark World" is to The Legend of Zelda series, in my opinion..)

I am highly anticipating hearing the Sinnoh Pokemon Champion battle theme of Cynthia from Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum; I have heard essentially nothing but wondrous praise for this song; it is kind of surprising...! {D:} The Super Smash Bros. 4 remix, which I also await to hear, has apparently proven to be very divisive, practically being a musical-arrangement embodiment of the "Love It Or Hate It" idea.. {XD}~_~

The other Champion battle theme that I am waiting to hear next is the "Unova, 2 Years Later" Champion battle theme from Pokemon Black 2/White 2; many people have said that it seems to match Iris's "aesthetic"...! Moreover, I am waiting to hear the Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire arrangement of the Hoenn Pokemon Champion battle theme, just to see how much it was either improved or ruined... :|

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Lance's theme, because Gen 2 was orignally suppose to be the grand finale of the series, so they had to make the champion theme as intense as possible while mixing in the first verse of Pokemon's main theme.

The Annoying Rollout

You already know it
Years
There is only one correct answer here and yall know what it is

VS Cynthia

You walk into her room and hear the theme from that, which sounds like you are talking to someone you know but has a hugely suspenseful sound. Then you hear the first 2.5 seconds of the battle theme, and you know **** is about to go down. The drum line that finishes the intro and runs throughout the theme sets the tone for the rest of the music. The repeated melodies that rise and fall just reinforce that Cynthia is a graceful but powerful opponent. The percussion running in the background give the melodies variety. ITs just great. And nostalgia from my first game. That too.

2nd place goes to the hidden track in XY, a remix of Blue's theme. To put it as all the cool kids seem to be doing, that **** is fire.

Iris's theme is an easy 3rd. the electronic bars fit her so well, and the bells are a nice touch.

Stephen (and Wallace) and Lance's themes just are a little... intense. Like, they do fit a final battle, but they don't portray the importance of what is going down as much as Cynthia's. Then again, I think all of the Hoenn themes are a little heavy...

Diantha's has the exact opposite problem, it sounds too light and magical for a final boss. Diantha is just too... I dunno... She doesn't make a good Champion when thrown next to the others on this list.

And Alder's theme is just lazy. It's terrible. Like, just looping his overworld theme would be better (his overworld theme is awesome).

As for which one motivated me the most, I'll say say Cynthia>Iris>Blue=Lance/Red=Stephen/Wallace=Diantha>>>>>>>Alder

Cynthia's theme was the PUREST CHAMPION THEME for me.Just like you,I also thought Blue's XY Theme was just too superior.It sounds like EDM.If you say Alder's theme was a joke,you should listen to this cover:

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 2, 2016
Blue-Classic
Lance/Red-Another Classic theme.Plus I love the opening piano on HGSS version
Steven/Wallace-Motivating and in the same time EPIC
Cynthia-Her theme resembles her Garchomp.CHALLENGING
Alder-Resembles his humbleness and simplicity as a Champion.He is like Pope Francis in Pokemon World
Iris-Too joyful for a Champion theme.But the theme fits her personality
Diantha-Epic and in the same time FABULOUS

Back