• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite City in the Pokemon World?

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    And, because Pokemon is a multi-media franchise, what version?

I like the games' depiction of Lavender Town; something about the music and the ghost tower makes it awesomely creepy and atmospheric.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
    Years
    Wow this is hard to pick since I only played platinum and pearl once I'll leave those out of my thought process, I enjoyed fuchsia in gen 1 and leaf green/firered for the pokemon safari the bike path, and all the trainers near by not to mention koga was epic. In gen 5 castella city is pretty cool prolly the biggest city/ town in any game

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Anistar City in Kalos is very interesting with the giant sundial thing or whatever it is. Very chill music too. I also like Fortree, so if there were ever a 3D remake of RSE, I'd be interested to see what Fortree is like.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    I gotta say Viridian City from Pokemon Red. Mostly because its the town to start the Missing# trick. Replaying it pains me to walk through there knowing I can't fly and perform the trick but then its that much more satisfying when I return with wings and I can do the trick.
    King Koop I gotta say Lavender town is pretty creepy and thus memorable. The reason I don't like it is because they are ghastlys in the cemetery. Gengar is one of my favorite pokemon and I'm playing without anybody to trade with. So I could evolve a Ghastly into a Haunter but then I have no way to evolve it into a Gengar, which requires trading the ghastly.

Shitik

Generic Bio
    Years
    Uhh, maybe Viridian City? There are a lot of good one's out there, I also liked Castelia City, just awesome evolution compared to the other games, until Lumiose City.

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
    I have a favorite city from each region. If you don't mind...

Kanto: Vermillon City
    Johto: Goldenrod City
    Hoenn: Slateport City
    Sinnoh: Veilstone City
    Unova: Opelucid City
    Kalos: Lumiose City

The major cities of the Pokémon world really appeal to me, as you can see.

And also...

This is my 300th post! *throws confetti*

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I also have a favorite city in each region.

Kanto: cerulean city
    Johto: mahogany town and new bark town (I couldn't style one one. I like them both)
    Hoenn: fortree
    Sinnoh: snowpoint city
    Unova: Opelucid city
    Kalos: out of the 5 I like, my top one would have to be Geosenge town.

Years
    If we're not restricting it to the games, LaRousse City and Altomare are my two favorites, and two I'd really wish we had the chance to explore in the games. I also liked the anime's version of the Seafoam Islands much more than the games', since it was a resort town rather than a pair of caves.

Just as far as the games are concerned though, my two favorite cities are Goldenrod and Nimbasa. Goldenrod felt like a true major city (unlike Celadon and Saffron, where you couldn't even enter most buildings), including almost everything you can think of either in, or right by the city. As for Nimbasa, it had quite a bit to offer as well, but didn't feel as busy as Castelia, which was almost too big.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
    Kanto: Cinnabar Island. It's a city built on a volcano.
    Johto: Mahogany Town. Home to a completely legit souvenir shop and south of a lake with a red Gyarados.
    Hoenn: Slateport City. Home to one of the few real beaches in Pokemon.
    Sinnoh: Snowpoint City. Literally the only one I like in this boring region.
    Unova: Opelucid City (Both). One version is a cool old city with great music, and the other looks like something out of Star Wars.
    Kalos: Lumiose City. After years of tiny cities with about 20 citizens, we finally get a huge, sprawling metropolis.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Probably either Lilycove or Slateport, both from Hoenn. In both towns, there are many things to look at and to see. Slateport has this beach down south, and the cycling road up north. It has the Science Museum, with it's beautiful music...and the facts. It's also home to one of the Battle Tents in Emerald, which I enjoyed, because it gave me an opportunity to use other Pokemon and see what they're like. Lilycove has contests, the department store and the art gallery. The flow from the land to the sea is natural, and the beach is peaceful -- compared to Slateport's, with lots of trainers.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I've always liked Fortree City in Hoenn because of the rooftops and the Kecleon. They really hit the town with the exotic feel and honestly, the city seems to have the real 'homely' feeling about it. It's looking really like a cute pass on which people live in harmony. A fantastic place, if I do say so myself. I've not seen much of it in the anime (other than a vague memory of Ash beating Winona's shiny Swellow) but in the games it was awesome. Too bad the graphics of the GBA games were too limiting to depict its true beauty.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Personally, I like Fortree. People live in tree-houses in this city, which is pretty cool! Also, the weather always seems to be perfect there, and the neighborhood is quite friendly. Fortree is where Winona resides, who is one of Hoenn's gym leaders. If I ever lived there, perhaps she'd be able to teach me a thing or two about battling. I do know plenty of things about it already, but there's always room for improvements! Aside from Fortree, Castelia is also my favorite, as it always reminds me of New York. Another of my favorites would have to be Slateport. :]

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Saffron City in the PokéSpe manga was pretty cool. Like a fortress where TR had taken over.

But my usual favorite is Ecruteak City from the games. It's pleasant and has the beautiful towers and I like its general feeling and design and concept. Have yet to see it in HG/SS actually, haha, but I imagine it's even better there than in the old games.

Years
    Lavender Town.

I'm interested on how the music in Lavender Town from The Red and Blue Versions, affected young children in the past.

Morning Sun Espeon

Time to shine ★
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2016
    Fortree City. forts in trees, people it has an unique touch no other city so far has had, and it was very simplistic.

Back