• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite City/Town?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Noticed we have a thread for your least favorite city/town, so why not make a thread for the opposite? Outta all the towns and cities in the Pokémon world, which one(s) is/are your favorite(s)?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Icirrus City in BW. It SNOWS. It's so beautiful in the winter and I find myself walking around the snow at random times because well...I just feel like it. :P

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • I liked castillia city of BW, it looks so cooool in any season in the game.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    My favorite city would probably be Driftveil City. Always liked the town's music, and it also has the Heart Scale girl, a move tutor, and the PWT in it. All good things.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Fortree would have to be my favorite. I find its theme to be soothing, and the atmosphere's just really calming. The residents also live in tree-houses, which is pretty unique. I used to spend hours roaming around there back when I had Emerald. My second favorite city is Castelia.

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Sep 1, 2015
    Hearthome, where I entered my first contest!

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
  • Lumiose City is the best fit for this question. There is so much to do and places yet to visit that I don't even need the Lumi Cab or Gogoat shuttle anymore! I have yet to create a trainer PR video though, it's the only thing I haven't done yet on record.

Years
  • Cinnabar Island...ya know why? It's creepy. It's mysterious. It's where a lot of the action was.
    As a kid, I remember exploring Pokemon Mansion, and I felt like I was doing something I'm not supposed to... I felt that I was taking part in a deep mystery. That's the awesome part about being a kid; a lot of our emotions and senses are heightened, and we perceive games differently :3

But yeah. Missingno. was there...the story of Mewtwo and Pokemon Mansion...the fact that it was an island in the middle of nowhere...and one of my favorite types, Fire, was Blaine. Also, the labs and getting my resurrecting Pokemon from fossils.

Just plain creepy and awesome.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Twinleaf Town, Sandgem Town, Eterna City, Jubilife City... oh man, it's definitely one of these nostalgic Sinnoh cities for me. :P If I had to choose just one, I guess... one of the first 2! No, I can't choose. >.<

Years
  • It keeps changing, but a personal favorite of mine is Undella Town from Unova. It's near the beach, and has Cynthia's villa. I always found that place quite enjoyable to be in.

I also used to think Opelucid City was a bit boring, but it's grown on me quite a bit, especially the White (2) setting. The rural setting and the music just feels ancient.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I don't really have a single favorite city, but Pallet Town and New Bark Town stand out as nostalgic places where I began my early adventures. They're quiet, and they don't hold much to do, but they remind me of the peaceful feel of home. I've also always liked Goldenrod City. I thought it did a better job of providing a city I wanted to come back to than did the cities in RBY (perhaps it was the Lucky Number Show, nearby Daycare, and train to Kanto that drew me in), so I guess it was the first Pokémon city I grew to love.

Some of the newer cities are nice, but places like Lumiose and Castelia seem too crowded to me, and they're difficult to navigate.

Silri

Kimono Girl
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    Ecruteak will always hold a special place in my heart. I just love the ancient atmosphere, the traditional architecture, the Kimono Girls, and the music. It's the city that defines the Johto region for me, and I have a lot of nostalgic memories of that city.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    Fuchsia city hands down. i spent the most time there ( i couldn't find the way to the pokemon center) not to mention the safari zone which is where i caught my first kangashcan. Lastly, I have always remembered how weirded out i was when i found a pair of gold teeth on the ground O.o

Back