• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Console?

Years
  • With all the aspects of a console involved; features, games, graphics etc. which console would you deem your favorite?

There is a lot of opportunity for discussion so go right ahead.

TY

PS3 hands down... Its is the only console i really like and own. We had a Wii but i couldnt enjoy the games we had for it. Never played on the Xbox. PS3 has many ups and downs. Free online play is a upside, yet the price of the console itself is expensive. Also there arent a lot of version exclusives. Still the graphics are amazing on HD (Especially with games like Far Cry 3).

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • My DS or SNES. These things have so many classics, I love playing my DS on the go, and then hooking up my SNES to play through something like Final Fantasy III (VI) or Contra 3 at home. 3DS is also becoming a quick favourite of mine, it's got so many great games lined up and already out for it.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Let's see..

My favourite consoles are the PS3 and the Wii U~ And the 3DS are a nice mention. ^^ They include my favourite games, with really impressionable graphics. <3

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For me, it's GameCube. GameCube controllers, in my opinion, had the best buttons. It felt very comfortable to play games with it. Second, GameCube had an amazing selection of games, such as Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Metroid Prime, Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Super Mario Sunshine, and F Zero GX. Third, it had great graphics and a very simplistic design. =)

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • PlayStation 2. It had such a wide gaming library. Endless games that were, a lot of the time, f*cking original. Stuff like Soul Nomad and Gauntlet: Champions. Great RPG games and fighting games. It was the perfect system. Hell, it is the perfect system.

Years
  • My favorite console is still the PlayStation 2. I probably spent twice as much time playing it than I have any other console that I owned, in large part to such a great variety of games to choose from. Even looking back, the graphics are still pretty decent compared to the current gen consoles, and believe it or not, there are still games being made for the system to this day (including FIFA 14, which'll have the distinct opportunity of being released on the PS2, PS3 and the PS4).

Years
  • For me, it's the 3DS hands down. I love the games, I love the 3D effect, I love the fact that it's pretty much a much improved DS... I personally see no flaws; the 3DS is the perfect gaming machine. The Gamecube comes a very close second, though, I have to say. ^_^

JordanD

Mark danced crazy
    Years
  • In terms of Nostalgia,probably PS2,it was my first console and got me into gaming with Jak and Daxter,and other great RPGs such as FFX,DQ8 and Harry potter and the chamber of secrets(LoZ style RPG).

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • That has to be the Sega genesis as It holds a special place in my heart.
    plus has lots of good games like golden axe and ecco the dolphin.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Probably PSP =D
    I also own Vita and PS3 and both are really awesome consoles but there's something else about PSP =D
    Not to mention the possibility of having un-dubbed versions of games that I couldn't have otherwise. =D
    All together, I'm a big Sony fan.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    The GameCube holds too many memories to not be my favorite console. I regret selling it to this day, as even with the Wii's compatibility with the GC games, I'll always prefer the original to the sleek white successor. Everything about the console was perfect for me, right down to the odd color schemes. The controllers were probably the easiest to use for me, and I'm very picky when it comes to controllers. I can immediately tell if their comfort level is going to effect my gaming, and GameCube didn't even come close with its controllers. Kirby Air Ride, Pokemon Colosseum, Super Mario Sunshine, they were all just a few of the many games I adored and played regularly. In fact, GameCube's what might have gotten be so hooked on video gaming. Before it, I was merely a casual gamer that took the devices for a spin once in a blue moon. That all changed after I bought this console, haha. I don't regret it at all! c:

Mr. Magius

  
    Years
  • For me, it's either the GameCube or the GBA SP. The GameCube was my first ever console and I loved it to death. It had such a great collection of available games, my favourites were Pokémon Colosseum and Super Mario Sunshine, and countless hours were spent with that thing. Probably had my favourite controllers in terms of comfort.
    The GBA also had my favourite games catalogue, and the SP improved on the comfort aspect, especially the lovely clicky buttons and the screen light!

Back