• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Developer

bit.trip void

Time cannot e r a s e
Years
  • Havnt seen a thread like this, so:

What is your favorite Video Game Developer and why?

My favorite is Nintendo, as a company, but for just one game, I salute Level-5, for the effort into Professor Layton.

Discuss.

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
  • You scare me. 0.o
    Why? Because I was going to do a top 5 favorite game developers thread.

Anyway, my favorite non-first party developer would have to be Konami.
    Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, Castlevania and Contra are all brilliant.
    Then again, those are pretty much the only franchises that I love that came from them...
    Maybe I should rethink this. I'll just stick with Konami for now.

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
  • I was going to say Nintendo but recently they have let me down. What with the wii aimed for families and forgetting about us... >sob<
    Well actually I have quite a few favs so I'll just list them and y.
    Konami- Castlevania, Metal Gear
    Namco- Taiko, Katamari
    Square Enix- Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts
    Capcom- Megaman, Resident Evil, Ace Attorney
    Hmm... I just realised Capcom has 1 more series compared to the rest... ok Capcom

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Konami but more accurately Kojima productions. Mainly because of Metal Gear.
    Media Molecule are kinda cool too.

Britney's Circus

Livin' In Sin Is The New Thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    Hmmm, wait for it because it's very tricky to decide, maybe Nintendo.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • Square-Enix is my favorite, Cause of Kingdom Hearts, TWEWY, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy, and alot of other games.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Due to their amazing work on both the Oblivion series and Fallout series, Bethesda is probably my favorite developer. Also, Nintendo because I love the first-party games they make.

Capcom also makes some amazing games, so I'll toss them in there too.

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
  • Due to their amazing work on both the Oblivion series and Fallout series, Bethesda is probably my favorite developer. Also, Nintendo because I love the first-party games they make.

Capcom also makes some amazing games, so I'll toss them in there too.
    Bethesda only made Fallout 3.

I would have to say Illusion, myself.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Nintendo, why else would I be on a Pokemon forum, lol......oh yeah, rom hacking.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • If this were still the 90s, I would probably say LucasArts. NOT for their Star Wars games, though. I'm talking about the best games you've never heard of, games like Monkey Island, Sam & Max, and Grim Fandango. Unfortunately, since the world started suffering from ADD, point and click adventure games haven't as marketable as they used to be, so LucasArts stopped making fun, original games.

I'm tempted to say that my favorite developer nowadays is Square Enix, but I have real beef with the Enix part of that company. As near as I can tell, Square still rocks and Enix still sucks. Final Fantasy kicks Dragon Quest and Star Ocean to the curb.

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
  • If this were still the 90s, I would probably say LucasArts. NOT for their Star Wars games, though. I'm talking about the best games you've never heard of, games like Monkey Island, Sam & Max, and Grim Fandango. Unfortunately, since the world started suffering from ADD, point and click adventure games haven't as marketable as they used to be, so LucasArts stopped making fun, original games.
    Who hasn't heard of those games?

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
  • Most of the people at my school, unfortunately. >_<
    Oh right, I forgot our generation has **** taste in the vidya. Makes me sad sometimes, hearing kids talk about how inavated this new game is, when it has been done before years ago.

Years
  • Bethesda only made Fallout 3.

I would have to say Illusion, myself.

Uh, wrong. Bethesda are the creators of The Elder Scrolls which would make them the developers for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Bethesda Windows Games

My favorite developer has to be Square Enix. They make amazing JRPGs and I've yet to run into a game of theirs that I've hated completely.

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
  • Uh, wrong. Bethesda are the creators of The Elder Scrolls which would make them the developers for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Bethesda Windows Games

My favorite developer has to be Square Enix. They make amazing JRPGs and I've yet to run into a game of theirs that I've hated completely.
    I didn't mention Elder Scrolls. I was just pointing out that they didn't make the entire Fallout series, only 3. Herp

Back