• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Dragon type of Gen III?

Favorite Dragon Type of 3rd Gen?

• Total voters

GodcalledBOB

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Just wondering what most people's favorite dragon type pokemon from FR/LG/R/S/E is because there aren't very many so it can't be a very varied answer....

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I vote Flygon. Awesome looks, interesting movepool, and I like the combination of Ground type and Levitate ability. I actually prefer him to Salamence despite the latter having admittedly better stats. Flygon is just more attractive to look at, not to mention I'm more comfortable with using it.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Just wondering what most people's favorite dragon type pokemon from FR/LG/R/S/E is because there aren't very many so it can't be a very varied answer....
    Define 'aren't very many' because I thought this was a big step for seeing more Dragons after 1st and 2nd Generation...?

Anyway, I'd go with who is my all-time favorite. Aurora!! (Latias)

:) Three reasons:

1) I love her beauty/cuteness. Fell in love off first sight!
    2) Great Speed, Special Defense and Special Attack!
    3) She's just undeniable! :D

Ostrich

Derpatoligist
    Years
  • Flygon. It was a thrill to train that powerful of a dragon from such a poopy Pokemon. I didn't like using legendaries, because they didn't hold the same amount of value for me.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Gotta say Dragonite here due to being very very useful back in my Leaf Green run, thank god I saved a few copies of TM 31 by the time I got it too since Brick Break wasn't too shabby on Dragonite at the time if I do say so myself.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Personally I wouldn't put Dragonite as a Third Gen Pokemon even though there's FR/LG, but that's just me.

My favorite would have to be Flygon, with Altaria as a close second. ♥ Flygon is amazing and I've always loved it's design. It's also been a really good Pokemon to have on my Ruby. Altaria I've also used and enjoy as a Pokemon I've used in the Battle Tower in Ruby, as well as in Pokemon XD.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Shelgon. He's such a broseph. Altaria is second, and then Salamence.
    but Shelgon, is such.a.bro. And he's so cute. <3

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I love Latie :D (Latias) She is the cutest thing in Pokémon :D
    I also like Flygon because it is ALWAYS part of my team when I recently play III gen game =)
    Salamance and Rayquaza are also very great additions to every team =)
    So those mentioned =)
    But Latias gets my vote =)

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Dragonair, all the way. I love the little gems on its throat and tail and its little wing thingies on its head. It's so magical lookin'.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • for the 3984721985th time PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read and understand what section you are posting in oh my lord. I'm sorry, but if I get another report for you posting in the wrong section, I'll have to give you a warning. This is like the 5th time and I've warned you every single time. Moving to Pokemon Voting Polls even though this question is way too specific and Toujours doesn't want it but seeing that it got so popular...

Oh and Altaria.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Today, I was out of school because I'm sick. I played my Emerald to grind an Altaria all the way to level 74, and it's awesome! All I've done is spam Sky Attack and... yeah.

Eclispe

Beginning PsyDragon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2012
    Latias Latios

My favorite dragon's from gen 3 where the majestic duo, Latias & Latios.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years
  • My favorite Gen III Dragon is Flygon in my Emerald. Easy Dragon type to raise because all I did was left Tranpinch at the Day Care and walk the steps needed to get it to the level it'll evolve. It didn't have that good attacks due to having Dragon Claw as a special attack at that time but its Return... it took down Drake's Kingdra and Wallace's Milotic in 2 hits. It even survived an Ice Beam at a level where it wasn't suppose to survive the attack.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Dragonite, it's one of the only Dragon type I ever kept in my team, and it's really powerful.
    But I like the other too ! There are really good Pokémon among dragons.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I don't get your OP but oh well haha. Anyways that's Dragonite, I've always liked him and I like Lati@s too but I tend to be more fond of non-legendaries.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • My favorite Dragon-type is Flygon. I like the fact that it can fly despite the fact that it isn't a Flying-type. My second favorite Dragon type of Generation III is Dragonair because I find it cute~.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Gotta go with Kingdra, because it's my favorite dragon type thanks to Clair and its awesome design!

Back