• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Fire Starter

Favorite Fire Starter

• Charmander

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 22 55.0%
  • Torchic

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 7 17.5%

• Total voters
Years
  • I have to say Charmander and Torchic are my favorite fire starter Pokémon because there evolved forms are very powerful. I don't have Diamond or Pearl so I don't know about the power of its starter.

Years
  • Here is my order of preference:

Charmander > Cyndaquil >>> Torchic >>>>> ....

>>> Chimchar

In other words, Charmander is my top favourite. It's always been a favourite with me. Cyndaquil earns a close second place, and I mean close. I used to hate Torchic, but I've come to like it almost as much as Mudkip. And Chimchar... the vast number of ....'s I put in my post should tell how much I like Chimchar.

One thing I have to complain about Cyndaquil is its limited moveset in the second and third generation. It had a very short list of level-up moves compared to other starters. I'm pretty sure they improved on that in the fourth generation, though...

Years
  • I picked Charmander and Cyndaquil, as the two new Fire Starters seem abit, well 'not scary'. The Cyndaquil looked shy but powerful, and Charmander just looks like it could win any battle. Unfortunately, a chicken and monkey dont really sound powerful to me, unlike a Lizard and Fire Mouse. Ok mouse, isnt so, but Fire Mouse makes it sound cool.

Sekushi Sushi*

Roses are red, I love you!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2008
    Cyndaquil is a weirdo and my least favorite. Its gonna have to be charmander or chimchar

Andrea

Konoha Ninja ^^
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2008
    I vote for Charmander, hes little cry is so cute. also love his plump head ^^

Darkjagwar

lollerskates now available
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    Most definitely Cyndaquil. It evolved the earliest and didn't suffer type disadvantage when facing the first few gym leaders. Sure Falkner's pokés had Mud-Slap, but you could train it to, i dunno, level 10 and be able to KEEL his LEVEL 7 PIDGEOTTO (I never understood why he has a lvl 6 and 7 Pidgey and Pidgeotto and is a GYM LEADER!?!?!?). Also, Flame Wheel was AMAZING and they brought it back w/ Chimchar, but it was just better w/ Cyndaquil. Also Typhlosion was teh awesome.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I love Typhlusion, so i will choose Cyndaquil.
    Infernape is stat wise a bit stronger than Blaziken.

Back