• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Game Series

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    What is your favorite series of video games? Me, I love the Zelda games so much. Zelda is my life. I've played the games since I was real little. And I own just about every game ever made for it.

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
    My favourite video game series would be Grand Theft Auto. I really enjoyed games like GTA: Vice City, GTA: Vice City Stories, GTA: Liberty City Stories and Grand Theft Auto IV. All great games.

Would of loved to have played GTA: Sad Andreas but never played it unfortunately.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2011
    Well apart from pokemon i'd have to say Mortal Kombat or Tekken as ive grown up with both of them

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    What is your favorite series of video games? Me, I love the Zelda games so much. Zelda is my life. I've played the games since I was real little. And I own just about every game ever made for it.

Favorite Game Series

That's what I thought.

Despite my erratic experiences with the series(my favorite and most hated game are both in the same series), I've stuck with Final Fantasy and Square Enix stuff in general for a long time now. Overall, my experience with it has been pretty positive due to one aspect or another, but the occasional Final Fantasy II really annoyed me.

Dragon Quest is quickly becoming one of my favorite series though, if only because it's so charming.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years

Favorite Game Series

That's what I thought.

Despite my erratic experiences with the series(my favorite and most hated game are both in the same series), I've stuck with Final Fantasy and Square Enix stuff in general for a long time now. Overall, my experience with it has been pretty positive due to one aspect or another, but the occasional Final Fantasy II really annoyed me.

Dragon Quest is quickly becoming one of my favorite series though, if only because it's so charming.

What? You dare bring CD-i into mah lair? You must be knocked down!

Favorite Game Series

Out of all videogame series, my favorite is, without a doubt, Super Smash Brothers. :cer_boogie: Despite its nature as a crossover, it innovated what a fighting game could be with its engaging gameplay, even being touted at times as a "fighting-game, party-game hybrid". The original Super Smash Brothers 64 introduced me to many videogame characters and series, just as the subsequent two installments did. I've invested hours on end for each installment, and I'm still not finished with Brawl yet (which currently holds the title of "most favorite game ever"). The ultimate collaboration for representing the videogame series as a whole, in my opinion. Here's hoping that SSB4 adds to the awesomeness.
    And Brawl managed to showcase "me" as represented in videogames, so there's that, too. ^^

Favorite Game Series

Favorite Game Series

Following Smash Bros., Pokemon, and The Legend of Zelda tie as my favorite videogame series. Each generation of Pokemon continues to bring the wonderment of journeying solo with your favorite pets, attaining the ultimate title and vanquishing crime syndicates all at the same time.

As for the Legend of Zelda series (which SSB helped me to get acquainted with in the first place), the stirring narrative and enjoyable gameplay so far has led me to wonderful gaming experiences, permitting me to be a hero across the lands of Hyrule. Twilight Princess has even currently cemented itself as the best action-adventure game that I've ever played. :)

Favorite Game Series

Favorite Game Series

Super Mario (namely Super Mario 64) essentially pioneered my videogaming career. While I haven't been able to play many of the iconic games of the series, Mario 64 was a fantastic experience (which I still have to complete...), and Mario as a gaming character helped to save the videogame industry in his NES and SNES venture. I look forward to playing many of the entries of Mario in the years to come.

And Final Fantasy - due to all the discussion about this series, I finally managed to play on. Regarding this series, I have completed one game (FF1) and made substantial but incomplete progress in another (FF2). This is similar to Zelda, where I have only played two games - however, both A Link To The Past and Twilight Princess are unfinished as of now. Though FF1 (Dawn of Souls version) was primitive in plot, it was a simply excellent in terms of gameplay and enjoyability. Dawn of Souls (inclusive of both FF1 and FF2, and considering them as a single unit) is the second-best role-playing game that I've played, falling short only to Pokemon.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    My Favorite game series are Pokemon, The legend of Zelda series, Super smash Bros and Fable.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    For me, it's Pokémon, Metroid, the Portal series, and the Mario series. I own every Pokémon game from Gold/Silver on (emulated Red), I own Super, Prime (1, 2, and 3), Other M, and Metroid II, I own both Portals (and have Prelude), and I've played every single Mario game in the main continuity.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    Hm. I got a lot favorite series.

The Kingdom Hearts Series --> Favorite game from the series: Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix

The Tales Series --> Favorite game from the series so far: Tales of Graces F

Persona Series --> Favorite game from the series: Persona 3 Portable

Pokemon Series --> Favorite game from the series: Pokemon Soul Silver

The Sly Series --> Favorite game from the series: Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves

Thats all I can think of Right now.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2018
    Sly Cooper (1,2,3) all the way! The Characters were really great, and the missions were fun.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I mainly play a mixture of series,but my favorites are Pokemon,Sonic, Super Monkey Ball and Mario.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    My favorite game series are Pokemon series, Megaman series, Naruto series, and Dynasty Warriors series.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Favorite series of all time would have to be Pokemon. I have every main series game, except for Green, and now Pearl, since I've lost it. I'm hoping I can change that though. I really love Green's sprites (yeah, I realize I'm a little crazy for that) and I love the original games in general, so I wouldn't mind owning the actual copy. As for Pearl, it's just a matter of me having bad luck with Pearl...this is the second copy of it that I've lost. Don't know if it's worth getting another copy, because I am not fond of DP, but for the sake of completeness...-sigh-

But anyway, I've been with the franchise since around age 5, and the games since about age 6, and I've never looked back. Like I said in the 30 days of Pokemon thread, I've been with Pokemon through its good and bad, and it's been with me through mine. The series means a lot to me, honestly. I didn't really realize that til last night when I was reminiscing on 2004, after RS had been out for a year and Colosseum had hit the markets. It was a rough time in my life, and to be honest, I don't know if I could have been happy through that year without Pokemon in my life.

Bonechill

Ghost Type Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2013
    Kingdom Hearts: I played this game once when I was little and didn't see it for another year. Then I bought every title in the series that has come out and yet to come.

Final Fantasy: Same as Kingdom Hearts

Mario: First game I ever played in my whole life.

Pokemon: Do I have to explain it?

Back