• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favorite Gen III introduced Pokemon

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    GEN_203_20POKES_20stickers_20web_20size_400w.png

We all have our favorite Pokemon in each generations, some are special and some are even our all time favorites. Which Pokemon are your favorites? What makes them special? Is it their designs? Their evolutionary line? Their cry? The lore behind it? Their competitive capabilities? Or did you share special memories with these Pokemon? Please tell us more!

Image taken from: http://catsandclouds.storenvy.com/c...cts/12970876-gen-iii-pokemon-stickers-all-135

cRaCkZ

Well...
    Years
  • Yep , Gardevoir of course....
    Is my all time favorite (Along with Snivy).
    Beside the design is nice I shared very special memories with it.
    First time when I played a Pokemon game ( I knew anime since I was kid , but never played a game), Pokemon Emerald ... I choosed Torchic as ever and started my journey...
    First time playing Pokemon , I not knew anything about Natures/EV,IV/Copetitive/Stats or even about Gardevoir memes :)) (I not even know she will evolve into Gardevoir) , I just caught every Pokemon I liked.
    So I visited my dad in Petalburg City and soon Wally appeard and Dad borrowed his Zigzagoobn and asks me to help to catch his Pokemon (Yep, with a lv8 Torchic , i was the supreme Pokemon Master) and he caught a Ralts .. In that moment I said ... I want one too.
    Search about 5 minutes in grass I found a Level 4 Female Ralts and caught it.
    First time I verified moveset (like always) and said WHAT IS THIS ? NO ATTACKS?! , but I keep Level Up her using Torchic until she Evolves into Kirlia and later Gardevoir.
    Soon she became a main Pokemon in my team along with Blaziken.
    She even destroyed Wally's Gardevoir (Thanks ShadowBall) and helps me to beat Ghost Type E4 (ShadowBall ,again) and Wallace (Thunderbolt :) ) .
    So that's why Gardevoir and his pre-evos are my fave :D .

Reactions: Sun

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
    Years
  • Whenever I'm playing a GBA rom hack, I always find myself trying to incorporate Swampert into my team. The water/ground type combo is just extremely useful in almost all scenarios.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Whenever I'm playing a GBA rom hack, I always find myself trying to incorporate Swampert into my team. The water/ground type combo is just extremely useful in almost all scenarios.

I agree, Swampert is so strong. Once he's sent out it's guaranteed we're winning the match, unless we're facing a Pokemon that can use Grass moves! Swampy has a special meaning in my heart, particularly in Hoenn based games. :)

Thief

The Dark One
    Years
  • Mightyena for sure. Not only my favourite Hoenn 'Mon, but my favourite overall 'Mon, AND my first ever shiny about 9 years ago who I still have today (in OR, so he finally returned to Hoenn after all these years).

Found him as a Shiny Poochy just outside Fortree City in the tall grass (tried to replicate it in OR, but realised Poochy was exclusively found there in Emerald). Was absolutely ecstatic since I'd never seen a shiny before and it was my favourite 'Mon. Caught the lil' guy in a Great Ball and named him GOLDWONDER (yes, all caps too - I was 10 years old haha) and being able to see him in Amie all these years later was just the best thing.

He's pretty much the main reason why other shinies nowadays have zero value to me - they're far too easy to encounter and I've got no personal attachment to any of them (except one from last year: an unexpected Absol that hatched as soon as we brought my dog back home, after she'd escaped the garden that morning (so I named the shiny Absol after her)). The only other shiny even mildly worth anything to me was from FireRed a couple months ago: I was doing a nuzlocke and genuinely came across a shiny male Nidoran within ten minutes of catching my first encounter (a regular male Nido). Needless to say, it'll make a great comic once I get around to it. :P

Also, your signature is hypnotising.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I think I'm going with Swampert. Even if it couldn't benefit with taking full advantage of physical STAB until Gen IV, Ice Beam covered its double weakness to Grass really well. It's also helped me win a lot of important battles in the main games.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Mightyena for sure. Not only my favourite Hoenn 'Mon, but my favourite overall 'Mon, AND my first ever shiny about 9 years ago who I still have today (in OR, so he finally returned to Hoenn after all these years).

Found him as a Shiny Poochy just outside Fortree City in the tall grass (tried to replicate it in OR, but realised Poochy was exclusively found there in Emerald). Was absolutely ecstatic since I'd never seen a shiny before and it was my favourite 'Mon. Caught the lil' guy in a Great Ball and named him GOLDWONDER (yes, all caps too - I was 10 years old haha) and being able to see him in Amie all these years later was just the best thing.

He's pretty much the main reason why other shinies nowadays have zero value to me - they're far too easy to encounter and I've got no personal attachment to any of them (except one from last year: an unexpected Absol that hatched as soon as we brought my dog back home, after she'd escaped the garden that morning (so I named the shiny Absol after her)). The only other shiny even mildly worth anything to me was from FireRed a couple months ago: I was doing a nuzlocke and genuinely came across a shiny male Nidoran within ten minutes of catching my first encounter (a regular male Nido). Needless to say, it'll make a great comic once I get around to it. :P

Also, your signature is hypnotising.

That is awesome, say hello to Goldwonder for me! Spoil it with Pokepuffs too. :D Does he have any Gen III and IV ribbons? :)

Maybe I should place a Drowzee or Hypno in that signature. Lol

I think I'm going with Swampert. Even if it couldn't benefit with taking full advantage of physical STAB until Gen IV, Ice Beam covered its double weakness to Grass really well. It's also helped me win a lot of important battles in the main games.

I have to say Swampy seems to be a popular choice. I guess Mudkip must be your very first starter from Gen III games.

Thief

The Dark One
    Years
  • That is awesome, say hello to Goldwonder for me! Spoil it with Pokepuffs too. :D Does he have any Gen III and IV ribbons? :)

Haha he's very spoilt. :p And yup, he has a couple from gen 3/4 but at that age I didn't think much about getting him ribbons. Wish I had though since I love collecting them on certain Mons now, got him as many as possible since. Just checked and he has these:

Hoenn Champ (ORAS League)
    Kalos Champ
    Champion Ribbon (Emerald League)
    Sinnoh Champ
    Contest Star (ORAS)
    Coolness Master
    Beauty Master
    Cuteness Master
    Cleverness Master
    Toughness Master
    Best Friends
    Training
    Effort
    Downcast
    Careless
    Relax
    Smile
    Gorgeous
    Royal
    Footprint
    Contest Memory x3 (Emerald contests)

Still working on the other three days of the week ribbons. xD

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Haha he's very spoilt. :p And yup, he has a couple from gen 3/4 but at that age I didn't think much about getting him ribbons. Wish I had though since I love collecting them on certain Mons now, got him as many as possible since. Just checked and he has these:

Hoenn Champ (ORAS League)
    Kalos Champ
    Champion Ribbon (Emerald League)
    Sinnoh Champ
    Contest Star (ORAS)
    Coolness Master
    Beauty Master
    Cuteness Master
    Cleverness Master
    Toughness Master
    Best Friends
    Training
    Effort
    Downcast
    Careless
    Relax
    Smile
    Gorgeous
    Royal
    Footprint
    Contest Memory x3 (Emerald contests)

Still working on the other three days of the week ribbons. xD

Wow, he really is your favorite! It's almost 10 years, you two should be given a medal or something. :o

How does it feel, watching your favorite Gen III Pokemon in Emerald as a semi-moving sprite, then following you inn HGSS, as a moving sprite in Gen V games and finally being able to interact with it completely as if it were alive?

Sadly for me, I couldn't take my very first Swampy from Ruby, but he has a special place in my heart, always.

Thief

The Dark One
    Years
  • Wow, he really is your favorite! It's almost 10 years, you two should be given a medal or something. :o

How does it feel, watching your favorite Gen III Pokemon in Emerald as a semi-moving sprite, then following you inn HGSS, as a moving sprite in Gen V games and finally being able to interact with it completely as if it were alive?

Sadly for me, I couldn't take my very first Swampy from Ruby, but he has a special place in my heart, always.

Well having anything that amount of time, especially while you're growing up, leaves you rather attached to it haha. Being able to have him in each gen with all the new features is great. Looking forward to the next kind of interactions that are introduced.

And how come? I don't have my first Swampy from RS, but I do have my Swampy from the same file as GOLDWONDER, as well as a few other Pokémon I had the good fortune to transfer for nostalgia's sake.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Well having anything that amount of time, especially while you're growing up, leaves you rather attached to it haha. Being able to have him in each gen with all the new features is great. Looking forward to the next kind of interactions that are introduced.

And how come? I don't have my first Swampy from RS, but I do have my Swampy from the same file as GOLDWONDER, as well as a few other Pokémon I had the good fortune to transfer for nostalgia's sake.

Oh, my favorite Swampy has been erased due to the save file being corrupted. Only its comrade, a Crobat, was able to made it out alive from the catastrophe as it was traded away temporarily to an another game.

But since it isn't a Gen III introduced Pokemon, I can't list that 13 years old Crobat. :)

Years
  • My favorite shall always be Chimeco. I remember I caught a female one with a brave nature and called her Chelsy. She had a moderate defense and sp. defense, and was truly able to take hits. Once she leveled up more, I got rid of her physical moves and taught her moves like "Psychic" and the such. I will never forget her. :)

Years
  • My faves of this generation included the Mudkip line, Shroomish line and Electrike line. I have a couple of other faves but they're the most notable.

Mudkip was always my go-to starter in the 3rd Gen and has proven to always be a worthy team member in nearly any situation. I still remember that "queen boss" Swampert from my original Ruby back in the day.

Breloom is another heavy pick for me, with its Grass/Fighting-type being something unique back then. Ever since it was buffed over following generations, my love for the boxing mushroom always grew further.

And there's Electrike and Manectric. I loved the badass look of those lightning canines, to the point it was on most of my in-game teams in Hoenn games but that's likely due to it being an early accessible. Gaining a Mega was icing on the cake, making an already cool design look even more fearsome.

Other faves include the Ralts line, Spinda, Roselia, Surskit line, Spoink line to name a few. 3rd Gen was always an interesting generation when it came to Pokemon designs as far as I'm aware.

Years
  • Regirock is my favourite Pokemon, along with Gengar, but Regirock is Gen III introduced so that is it. I like the Regi trio over all other trios and genuinely believe Hoenn have the best legendaries of all the regions. Regirock is my favourite mainly because of it's design and I really like it's cry.

shhimsleepin

DreamEater
    Years
  • I like the Regi trio over all other trios and geniunely believe Hoenn have the best legendaries of all the regions. Regirock is my favourite mainly because of it's design and I really like it's cry.

I understand what you mean, Hoenn had a real different approach to the legendaries they incorporated. And Regirocks cry PERFECTLY fits that pokemon.

Boured

The Guildmaster
    Years
  • My favorite Pokémon from gen 3 would be the Regi trio for a couple reasons. One back when I had the game on a cartridge I could never find them because I didn't know how to get them, So they became a sort of unobtainable treasure to me. Next are their designs, each one has their own unique body while still keeping the same amount of dots to make them related to each other which I find quite cool. Finally for their battle capabilities, as some people have seen with me in Showdown that I made them basically a chore to kill due to their extremely high defenses basically making them very good walls and my personal favorite....Toxic stallers. So that is basically it, I love the Regi trio for both their difficulty to find, and tier battle capabilities.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Sceptile. He was my starter in these games, so I have a lot of fond memories with this Pokemon. I also liked how he was portrayed in the anime as one of Ash's Pokemon, always found him really cool. Other favorites include Altaria, Lunatone, Swellow, Spheal, Roselia and there are much more!

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    There is just something about Sableye that i really like. Not only is he my favourite third gen Pokemon but he is also my favourite pokemon of all time! he just looks so gnarly yet adorable at the same time.

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
    Years
  • I'd have to go with Flygon. Idk what it is I just think Flygon's badass! I always catch a Trapinch to get a Flygon.
    Also like Mightyena, Shiftry, Absol, and I suppose Sharpedo's cool as well. Maybe I just have a thing for Dark types lol

Back