• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Generation

Years
  • As far as the games go, my favorite generation would be the 3rd one. I much preferred the Pokemon that were released in the 2nd and 4th gens though, and I liked the anime most in the 1st/2nd generations, so I don't know if I have just one that I could call my favorite.

And I'm going to move this over to Pokemon Voting Polls, as this seems more like a post and go thread rather than a true discussion about the generations.

MOVED.

GhastlyGastly

Crazy Pokémon Lady
    Years
  • Anything but Generation V........ :pink_blankstare:

Seriously though, Generation I is the classic: though II and III are also high on my list. Generation IV never really did much for me, it was mostly a lot of new evolutions for a bunch of preexisting Pokémon. And then Generation VI is definitely growing on me.... it's a serious contender for a tie with II and III.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2021
    I like generation V I liked a lot of the new Pokemon as well as the new legendarys that's what makes gen. V my favorite.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I'm still deciding between Generation 5 and 6 - I'd put them both equally 1st.

Majority of my favorite Pokemon got introduced in Generation 5 (such as Watchog, Mienshao, Mienfoo, Patrat, Minccino, Cinccino, Purrloin, Liepard, Emolga).

My favorite Pokemon features are on Generation 6 - especially Amie.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • This thread was made recently wasn't it? But Gen III is the way to go. Best content at the time of release. I'm playing Emerald as we speak!

Sirfetch’d

For me gen 3 is best and always will be haha. Gen 6 came really close and I would probably consider it a tie but my favorite Pokemon came from gen 3 so it has the slight edge in the race <3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Agreeing with Introvert. Gen II, in the introduced pokémon and new types, the games and everything about them pretty much, also the anime on some points and definitely the PokéSpe manga - for Johto and gen II everything was so great. It gives off some kind of awesome feeling, not even sure it's nostalgia. I just love Johto and gen II.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'm gonna go ahead and say VI. I've definitely spent the most time playing this generation, and I think I now fully understand all the mechanics and stuff so I can enjoy everything the game has to offer. Generation II comes in close though. And IV. I,III,V were good, just got tired of them quickly.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In terms of games, I really like generation three. Locations that were featured in RSE were all unique and excellent, and storyline was good, too. I also really enjoyed playing FR/LG. These are two of my most favorite Pokémon remakes, in fact. Anime-wise, I'd say generation one. I was really into the anime back then, though, so I guess this is a little biased. xD"

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    In terms of the anime, Generation 2 was probably my favorite. I loved the transition from Kanto to Johto and the ending episodes of the Johto saga and with Gary vs. ash were my favorite. As far as games go, Generation IV were my favorite. I've logged so much time on Diamond it's not even funny. I really like a lot of the new Pokemon introduced in Sinnoh and I started breeding and battling competitively in Gen IV.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
  • Agreed with many, the first generation happens to be a favorite. Original designs, started from scratch, a**hole rival (I think that's funny, being somebody who likes rivals), and the evil organization that started it all. Yes, the first generation is the favorite generation.

リザードン☆

Charizard evolved into..
    Years
  • Mine would be Kanto. I loved Generation I.
    My favourite; Pokémon, Legendary, Gym Leader and Professor are first gen!
    I know the Kanto map better than I know the back of my hand :]

Back