• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite genre(s)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • What type of anime/manga do you find yourself watching/reading the most? Try to be more specific, ex. don't just say "shounen." Go even deeper - adventure, sci-fi, romance, sports, slice of life, mecha, comedy..? If you're lost, you could always look at your favorite anime's myanimelist page, they have a bunch of genres listed in the info section under the picture. :)

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Pfft. I don't have a favorite genre, as long as it has an interesting concept, I'll watch it.

But I can't say that to those Romance Shoujo as well as Mechas. Now that, you really need to get me interested before I'll actually consider.

Although, stuff that I'll definitely consider watching are those of the Harem genre. Yay Harem. :D

EDIT: Oh right, Supernatural as well.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Everything. Although if I see a show with school/magic/romance/supernatural/shounen and a LN source I will probably be a bit wary.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'm genuinely surprised that LOGH is #8 top rated on MAL.
    Well, I like military sci-fi anything, devoid of much in the way of heroic fantasy elements. A politically-driven plot, though... It's certainly not most of what I have seen, but it is most of what I'd like to see. That's difficult to find since 'drama' can mean a lot of things besides.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I like world-building shows. I don't know if that counts as a genre, but shows that are set in worlds that aren't this world, and a good part of the show is dedicated not to the characters, but the place...those are my favorite kinds of shows.

Years
  • Not going to lie, but smutty shoujo manga would be my favourite reading material, LOL. Half kidding. For some reason, although guy-ish in personality, I actually find shoujo manga series to be quite enjoyable to read, though that doesn't often translate well into anime adaptations. For anime series, I watch different genres; it all depends on the synopsis, voice actors, and the animation style. I guess the genres that I closely relate to, and like watching would be supernatural or mystery with a hint of romance.

Years
  • Well for years when in came to anime I was a red blooded American I need action and explosions but lately after watching things like FMA and Madoka Magika I like anime with more a rich story I've also dabbled in psychological anime to but I still love action the best.

Years
  • I generally like anime that has a good story where something new happens every episode(or almost every), characters are interesting, and has good action scenes and is well animated.

I also like Mecha anime, but i didn't watch that many yet.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    I like Sports and Slice of Life anime. I don't really like supernatural ones, especially those with superpowers but watching a few wouldn't hurt.

Back