• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Gym Leader

Melfice

Wait4Baba
Years
My favorite gym leader is Brock. I would say the region that had the best mix of gym leaders would either be Kanto or Hoenn.

Typhon

'sup
Years
Blaine! His phrase "You better have Burn Heal" is seriously amazing lmao. His team is quite unique for a Fire Gym Leader, and he has some high levels. He was tough back then, but I guess he's gotten easier. I also like the classy suit Blaine more then the professor one, even though that was kinda matching. Eh, nevermind. :>

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 28, 2013
I like Clair, even though I took forever to beat her in HGSS and she was rude about the Dragon temple thingy...
I also like Blue, because he uses a variety of Pokemon types.

Sirfetch’d

There really are so many that I love so picking a favorite is really hard. I'd say though that Morty is probably my favorite. His gym was the most memorable to me because I had such a hard time navigating through it and falling through the floor over a dozen times. I also really liked his cool appearance and the fact that he was the first Ghost gym leader.

Years
It's gotta be Koga. I adore his character design and I can really appreciate the way in which his gym architecture is tailored around his character. And the idea that his daughter carries on his legacy, the Fuchsia City Gym, is pretty awesome in itself.
And in my opinion the best combination of gym leaders in a region is Johto. I felt like they were very much individuals, characterized really well compared to some of the other gym leaders.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
I have a few favorites. I'd say my favorite overall is Jasmine. Steel types are my favorite, and I love her softspoken, timid personality. I always found it entertaining how she's apparently an eating machine, and when you see her in the restaurant she's all "Uh, all these plates are from the guy who was sitting here earlier".

Another favorite of mine is Sabrina (the game one, not the creepy anime counterpart). She's so...mysterious and introspective, yet friendly. She seems to really admire the player character.. She seems like the type of person I'd get along with really well.

And finally, I really like Skyla. Nice girl, and she was one of the more challenging gym leaders for me in Unova (the hardest was Elesa *shudder*).

The best mix of gym leaders, in my opinion, is Johto. They had a really cool mix of types, and as a whole they gave me the biggest challenge.

Back