• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Favorite Gym puzzle?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    As you probably know, a Gym puzzle is a challenge - usually some sort of maze - that you must face in a Gym before you can challenge the leader. The 4th generation had great Gym puzzles, like the lifts and elevators in the Canclave Gym, which was my favorite. Post your favorites!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    As long as we keep it to fourth gen ones (B/W has its own one last I checked for instance).

Out of DPPt, I'd say Canclave's gym was pretty neat, but Snowpoint's is my favourite, partly because I'm a sucker for ice sliding puzzles and partly because it was the most challenging imo. But overall DPPt had a pretty good set of gym puzzles.

As for HGSS I quite like Blue's revamped gym - sure was a neat surprise to see after knowing what it was like in GSC (ie nonexistent), haha. Pyrce's current one was lss enjoyable than the GSC for me imo... I preferred Clair's though and quite liked its design (note for those who don't know - the 'darker' lava actually forms the shape of a dragon) and probably rate that at/near the top of my favourite HGSS gym puzzles too.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    My favorite gym pattern would have to be the Hearthome City gym because I love the blue torches in the gym and I like the mathematical aspect of this gym. In Pokemon Platinum, I like the Duskull lamps that are in the gym.

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2012
    I really liked the Sunyshore City Gym... it was a little challenging! Plus, electric pokemon are awesome. :D

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    Snowpoint's gym was my favorite. I loved smashing the snowballs and getting lost. XD
    I had to redo it so many times.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2012
    I have to go with the sunny shore gym also. I loved the mechanics of the gym

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    Well, as for Johto, my favorite was Morty's; I liked his puzzle in the second generation and the revamp was actually kinda nice.

But as for Sinnoh, it was Canavale's, i.e.: Byron's, I kinda liked the idea, that was later further explored in the following generation but I liked it more here

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Ice gyms are always my favorite puzzle-wise, so Snowpoint City's gym gets my vote.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Hearthome in D/P because of OMG TEH MATH!

For Platinum, I liked the mechanical aspect of the Canalave and Sunyshore Gyms, though choosing between the two is hard...

For HG/SS, I thought Blackthorn and having to ride platforms across pools of lava was pretty awesome:)

Let it be known though that sliding ice puzzles frustrate me to no end...

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I love Snowpoint Gym. I still go back there just to complete the puzzle again sometimes, I just have that much fun running around destroying showballs. Shame Pryces puzzle was so disappointing, I always look forward to the ice gyms... Sunyshore comes in a close second for Sinnoh.

As for Johto/Kanto, I'm going with Blackthorn, almost purely because it's the only one I think I ever revisit for the puzzle. HGSS had some beautiful gym designs, but I don't really think any of them went as deep as some of the ones DPP.

Back