• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Gymleader -Revived-

Years
    1: Giovanni: The misfit, the man who threw away the honor and titles for a life of crime. His intellect with his money but his strength fed by his indominable will makes him worthy of his titles. He doesn't need the Rockets to prove himself, but they do need him. His complexity is the least of his true inner qualities.

2: Sabrina: the most mysterious along with the most powerful (second only to Giovanni) makes her runner up as favorite. Her power with her miserable past and her feared status makes her more than the cookie cutter "goth girl". But unlike the favorite archetype done by Teen Titans' Raven in that of she is allowed to overstep her bounds and be automatically excused for such actions, Sabrina knows of the great power that lies within and she knows about her roles and responsibilty to hopefully restrain herself, despite such extensions (her doll) of her powers.

3: Brock: One of the most horniest characters there is combined with the weirdest eyes ever, a man of character and empathy, and voiced by Eric Stuart? Need you ask?

4. Faulker: A pity there isn't more to the first Johto Gym Leader with his grand ambition: to fly like the birds. This with Nathan Price's excellent portrayal creates one of the more profound Gym Leaders.

5: Bugsy: The boy with the mop head, but one of an egg head as his scientific curiosity with insects and his own research makes him not only one of the more intellectual characters, but certainly one of the more fleshed out as his life is more than the game. Not to mention, he's also one of open minded ness, by choosing the Bug type, the downtrodden type (complete with a defensive/lecturing attitude about them) and expanding his mind. All this and adorable anime looks. He's a plushie essentially.

But those are my choices.

Mewfive

The 5th Mew
    Years
    My favourite leaders are (Without any concrete order):

Wallace, i like water pokemon and he is very cool.
    Flannery, she is nice and i like magcargo :P
    Watson, he is laughing all the time, hi is funny :D
    Brock, one of pokemon protagonists, he is very funny when he looks a girl.
    Giovanni, i like team rocket and giovanni is its leader.

Duplica

Survivor of Cornwell
    Years
    My favourites are as followed:
    1: Bugsy: He is just so cute! He's also the Johto Leader nearest my age.
    2: Flakner: I think he is so cool! And I also think it's so cool how he follows in his dad's footsteps
    3: Whitney: She is so preety! Not really much I can say about her, but she's cool!
    4: Jasmine: I think Jasmine is so preety and sweet! I love her personality!
    5: Erika: She is so beautiful! I also like her Pokemon
    I like alot more, but those are my top five!

Years
    Winona: I just like her style.
    Sabrina: I always had a thing for cold-acting girls.
    Jasmine: She's cool...and pretty. =P

SubZer0

R/B/Y Old Wise Man
    Years
    Koga- In the show it was a short one with Koga because stupid Team Rocket had to ruin everything as usual. In the game however Koga has awesome strategy. Most serious trainers follow in his footsteps when they raise their pokemon.

Sabrina- Come on! Psychic powers are awesome. You would never have to yell out the moves to your pokemon, so in that respect your opponents would never know what was going on until its too late.

Blaine- Ok if you had your gym located inside a VOLCANO you would be pretty tough too. Fire pokemon are not my favorite type, and I'm an Ice type fanatic. (If you did not guess by now.) Training pokemon inside a volcano must realy toughen them up though.

In addition I would like to mention this one guy from the Kanto region pokemon tv show season. Towards the beginning of Ash's journey, Ash meet a trainer who had a Sandshrew. Now this Sandshrew was tough. He made his Sandshrew meditate under a waterfall! Now thats really tough. When pokemon learn to resist the elements that they are weak against. This guy will become a champion and the toughest battle ever for Ash if they ever meet up again. Honestly I dont think Ash could ever beat him.

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
    Norman-Aw...I just like him,cool dad and tough gym leader with his Slaking.
    Falkner-Oh,he looks kinda cool and is also loyal to his father.
    Janine-Ninja girl,yea!

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
    Deviruchi said:
    I think all the Gym Leaders are nice, but the Johto ones were... freakish stupid.

They were not. I loved them. They weren't my top two. Falkner would probably be my third top favorite.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    My favorite Gym Leader is Lt. Surge! Why? I have no idea.

Years
    In response to the freakish comment, I wouldn't say that. Johto had their own distinctions, via personal statements, the design (Chuck, a flabby muscle man, hee.) as the extension of the Kanto arc and to play with the cerebral or spiritual (Pryce, and Faulker, respectively) than the novelty, cohesion, and unique characterization of the first lot. They just went one step further.

Hoenn on the other hand has novelty (With Flannery and Tate and Liza and Wallace's design) again but not much else to make distinctive (at least to me) beyond the mere surface valve. Oh well.

devilicious

dream
    Years
    Dark Weezing said:
    Hoenn on the other hand has novelty (With Flannery and Tate and Liza and Wallace's design) again but not much else to make distinctive (at least to me) beyond the mere surface valve. Oh well.

Flannery sucks, and Wallace is... *cough* I mean, Wallace is not a Gym Leader anymore. [But in any case, that new Gym Leader (Adan is his name, ne?) is also stupid].

Years
    Deviruchi said:
    Flannery sucks, and Wallace is... *cough* I mean, Wallace is not a Gym Leader anymore. [But in any case, that new Gym Leader (Adan is his name, ne?) is also stupid].

Flannery has novelty with her exposition of her family and Norman is interesting because of the familal connection to your character. But in terms of sheer personality, the Hoenn GLs are quite boring aren't they? They seem to rely on their designs and expositions to get their acknowledgements and that's...almost pathetic actually.

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    I really like Flannery. =D She uses fire Pokemon -and since my favorite Pokemon (Typhlosion =P) is a fire type, of course I like Flannery the best. X3 I also like Blaine, since he too uses fire types (he has the coolest Ninetales ever!!! XD). :33

~Kelsey

Back