• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Favorite HG/SS Gym Leader(s)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
Years
  • Basically, who's/are your favorite Gym Leader(s) and why? Please give a valid reason, not "OMG I LUVZ SABRENA CUZ SHES SO AWSUM!!!!"

My are, in this order:

1. Jasmine, Gym Leader of Olivine City
    Type Preference: Steel
    Why: Jasmine has always been my favorite Gym Leader because of her appearance. I love her innocent look and the bunny-style hair XD Those things aside, Jasmine's my #1 favorite because of her type preference. Steel, although hardly used by me, is one of my favorite types due to its obscurity compared to other types in Gym Leaders like Grass, Psychic, and Water.

2. Morty, Gym Leader of Ecruteak City
    Type Preference: Ghost
    Why: Again, I love Morty because of his design. He actually looks like a Ghost-Type Trainer. I also make Morty my #2 because he strives for something in the game, even if it isn't seen and that's to become strong enough to meet Ho-Oh. I actually felt bad beating the guy XD That, and the fact that he uses another of my favorite types (Ghost) is awsome =)

3. Blue, Gym Leader of Viridian City
    Type Preference: None
    Why: Blue...he's been a favorite of mine for nostalgia XD I remember playing through Crystal and facing Blue and nearly dropped my GBC because I never would have guessed that my obnoxious rival from Yellow would be Viridian City's Gym Leader. Seeing him in HG/SS put me in nostalgia overload. My only irk is that Pidgeot is his best Pokemon =/ Other than that, Blue earns his spot as my #3.

4.Blaine
    5.Sabrina
    6.Pryce
    7.Brock
    8.Misty

4-8 are my other favorites but don't earn a reason why ;p lol, so post yours!

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    Blaine,
    1. because he had an arcanine in the origional games
    2.His magmar roasted pikachu in the anime
    3. respect the 'stache

LunarAssassin

Miya3q
    Years
  • YOu know? those were pretty awesome reasons. Though i disagree with who we each like, i am a major fan of Falkner but then again i just love bird pokemon. I am just upset that he happens to be the first leader you face... so he is totally a weakling... some reason has a SUPER low level Pigeotto as well. But i've always loved his appearance, as blue is my favourite colour. and i alway love having my pidgey beat the garbage out of his Pigeotto!!! lol. His apperance his lovely in HG/SS, he looks more like a bada$$ rather than an egotistcal jerk (gold,Silver, Crystal). Yeah pretty bland reasons but i would have liked to face him later in the game, getting to fight some pretty epic birds with my own is always exciting ^^

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • There's actually an active thread to list your favorite Gym Leader(s) here. Please use that one. :)

Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back