• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite, "How do you say ____"

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    looks like that water dog was a problem of many...and here i thought it was me only..

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • US
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    I will always pronounce arceus Air-Eh-Soos (like Dr. Seus)
    Rattata I pronounce Ratta for some reason xD

Ayselipera

I'm pretty sure I pronounce just about all of them wrong. I can't tell you how many times I thought a Pokemon was called one thing and then saw the show and realized I had been slaughtering it's name.

Years
    I used to slaughter the names of certain pokemon a lot, only because I didn't look at the spelling carefully. I good example was Kyogre I always called it Ki-Gore, moving the O between the G and the R, there are others, but I pronounce them right now. I still think the Show changes the names around a lot. It's not Ray-Quay-Za! It's Ray-Quah-Za! Sometimes I think the Pokemon Battle Revolution Announcer pronounces them wrong, but I play the game so much eventually I start to pronounce them like him.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    I've always said Kyogre as "Ky-oger". I used to think that was wrong, too, until some website pointed out that it was "ogre" as in the monster at the end, and I realised that, for once in a lifetime,I was actually right!

And I agree with Ratatat too ^o^ It took me a good few months to realise I was adding a "t".

Lo~li~Pop

◕‿‿◕ Happy Smiles! ◕‿‿◕
    Years
    When I first saw Yanma I kept calling it Yana. ^3^

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2010
    I pronounce Suicune as Sui-ku-ne and Arceus as Ar-kee-us. Hmmm and I pronounce Rayquaza as Ray-kuu-aza. X,D

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    As of now I believe I've got the pokémon names pronounced right because I follow how they say one's name in the anime. However I remember before, I used to pronounce Ray-Quay-Za, "Ruh-Qua-Za". Now looking back, I laugh at how I used to say it. Though it's not so bad mispronouncing a pokémon name because it's quite amusing in a good way and you don't expect everyone to get them right. x3

The Red Chain

I STILL dunno how to pronounce Drapion. Any pointers?
    I usually say 'Drah-pee-on'.. but it could be 'Drahy-pee-on' or something.. please be mature about the way I spelled it out. x.x;
    Then for Sceptile I say it like sceptical without the tical.

Milotic was the main one I got wrong for years.
    I said it like 'My-low-tic' and still sometimes do.
    For Sudowoodo I say 'Suh-da-woodo' instead of saying 'Soo' at the beginning. XD

Uxie and Mesprit I said wrong for a while too.
    I said Uxie like "Oo-x-ee" and Mesprit with an extra i. [Mespirit]
    Until I heard Uxie's name in the anime and noticed that Mesprit doesn't have an extra i.
    Man I'm such a loser sometimes. ;O;

Back