• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite kind of bird?

Days
My favorite bird is Eagle. But the bird which I see the most apart from common birds like pigeon or sparrow is Peacock 🦚.

They usually wake me up(or I wake up with them) in the morning with their voices which comes through the forest. And they make sound in group of 3-4 so that I can't miss it !!

Years
The Penguin is my favorite bird. I think their appearance is endearing, it looks like it is waddling around in a tuxedo, and it's a great design for a stuffed animal-- In fact, I actually had a life-sized emperor penguin plush as a kid, after watching the March of the Penguins nature documentary, which I think played some role in my loving penguins, as well as other portrayals of them in media like the cute cartoon shows like Polar Bear Cafe, and the muppet Penguins.

What I have learned about penguin social structures has also appealed to me. When a penguin chooses a partner they present eachother with gifts-- accepting a pebble from another penguin is like accepting an engagement ring, and the couple will use it as the first piece of the nest they build together. They express themselves by touch i.e "kissing" eachother with their beaks as greetings, and also by vocalization, and have special sounds they make just for their partner, which have been compared to singing love songs. They are not just hopeless romantics, but some of the most devoted parents out there- legendary for how they take turns incubating their egg against icy winds, in shifts that might last for months while the partner walks thousands of miles to bring food back.

Penguins also have to work together as a colony to survive, and will huddle side by side with their neighbors in a shield wall to protect everyone from the cold, comforting one another if one has lost a mate or a partner, and putting all the chicks together in community daycare called a creche to keep them safe from predators. This gentle species is one that we can continue to learn from.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
I adore birds, especially songbirds and parrots. They're such adorable little creatures!

I especially like the ones with plump little bodies like chickadees! lol

Years
All of them! I love birds so much lately tbh.

Current favorites though are kestrels (though I don't really see any here), also the cute local cockatoos, magpies, willie wagtails, and all the waterbirds. :')

Days
i like parrots like parakeets
Spoiler:

Years
For the birds I often see around the house I'd go with either the sparrow (very common near me) or the woodpecker (not sure which species it is, but there's one in the backgarden atm).

As for birds in general I like owls and penguins a lot too.

Back