• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

favorite/least favorite moves

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
  • So, what's your favorite move, PC? What Pok?mon did you have it on and what made it so effective? How about your least favorite?

My favorite is probably Brave Bird. I had a really high HP Swellow in Alpha Sapphire, so thankfully I didn't really have to worry much about that move's massive recoil. As long as I wasn't in a fight with like, a Trainer with 4+ Pok?mon, it basically wiped out absolutely everything while generally leaving me with enough health left over to not need to use a revive.

As for my least favorite... I'll have to get back to that later. Besides super obvious stuff like Splash, nothing really springs to mind right away.

Years
  • Choosing my favourite move out of all is very difficult. It's a tie between Flare Blitz and Close Combat. I love to spam those moves, specially if I have a Infernape in my team.
    Least Favourite? I don't know. Maybe OHKO moves like Horn Drill, Guillotine, Fissure and Sheer Cold.

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
    Years
  • Most Favorite? It would be Return, the most iconic high damage physical move ever made.

Least favorite? Bestow. Like, what are you going to do with your hold item? Pass it to your foe so it get the benefit/conned? This is a battle, not a thanksgiving prank show where you can get entertainment from using both Celebrate and Hold Hands.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Favourite: X-Scissor. It really is a great Bug-type move that can be learnt by many Pokemon, not just restricted to bugs. Not only that, but the animation is pretty nice too! That's one TM I usually seek out as soon as I get the chance.

Least Favourite: Confuse Ray. I hate confusion at the best of times, but when it has a 100% accuracy of hitting it is a pain in the ass.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2016
    Worst: Splash, Razor Wind, Bide
    Best: Double Edge, Earthquake, Amnesia (RBY), Surf, Batton Pass, Calm Mind, Bulk Up, etc.
    Fun: Swords Dance, Mud Slap, Batton Pass, Explosion, Toxic
    Annoying: Confuse Ray, Thunderwave, Attract, Double Team, Roar/Whirlwind, Rest, Protect

Ok, I just realised this list god f-up. I'd better stop before it goes out of hand.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    My favorite move is "Baton Pass". I love this move because it is the one single move that makes stat building and set up an amazing and strategic form of competitive battling and allows for complicated meta thought. It also allows non-OU pokemon to become OU quality with minimal effort (minimal that is so long as you can set it up without falling behind).

My least favorite moves are what @72485rahul mentioned, OHKO moves. They are way too undependable to use in a proper competitive build, but it's even more frustrating when someone uses them and lands it perfectly every time.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I always love to use swagger it does risky, but it works the charm with foul play or punishment. I hate Double Team or Minimized due to majority of these it just annoying stallers

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • double team and sand-attack are probably my least favorite moves as well lol. stallers man... I agree with Toruk. Especially the enemies that have AI for spamming Double Team a million and one times at the start of the battle. :/

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I hate Double Team or Minimized due to majority of these it just annoying stallers

double team and sand-attack are probably my least favorite moves as well lol. stallers man... I agree with Toruk. Especially the enemies that have AI for spamming Double Team a million and one times at the start of the battle. :/

"Feint Attack" and "Disarming Voice" are your friends.
    It is evasive moves like the above listed as well as abilities such as "Sand Veil" that are the reason why I run "Feint Attack" as my Umbreon's main STAB move.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Favourite move? Leaf blade. Sorry but its da best. 90 bp? 15pp? A chance at critting? And perfect accuracy at that? Yes plz.

Least fav move? Probably Double team. Evasion boost...naw. Strangely it hasn't caused me massive trouble in my nuzruns, but it sure did in regular play, and enough for it to end up as my least fav attack.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • My least favorite? Celebrate and Hold Hands. Oh, you hate Splash? How about moves that behave EXACTLY like Splash?

Favorite? Quiver Dance. It boosts three stats at a time! Honorable mentions go to Toxic, Stealth Rock, Steam Eruption, and some others I don't feel like mentioning. VERY honorable mention to Thunder Wave for helping me catch Legendaries.

Years
  • Hmm. Tough to say. I like Acid Spray as well as Tri-Attack. Tri-Attack is a long time favorite of mine coupled with Magneton. I don't really have a least favorite move, probably because there are a lot of useless ones out there. Hmm. Probably Bide. Useless against any live opponent. There are a lot of worthless moves out there designed for double battles and triple battles, but double battle moves are worthless to most players. Quash is worthless and the Plus and Minus Abilities are worthless and Moves that buff these abilities are just about as worthless. But for me, Teleport has got to be up there on everyone's list. Trying to catch a rare type of Pokémon? Too bad, Teleport.

Back