• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Legendary/Mythical Creature?

What is your favorite legendary/mythical creature?

• Dragon

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • Phoenix

Votes: 34 50.0%
  • Unicorn

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Griffin

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Kitsune

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Cerberus

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Mermaid

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Centaur

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Uh... Bacon? *joke option*

Votes: 7 10.3%

• Total voters

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I have a feeling that dragons are going to win this (haha), but I thought I'd make this to see what everyone has to say.

I'd say my favorite favorite is the phoenix. I don't know why, but I've just always loved the legend behind it. There's many different variations of it, but my favorite has always been the one that says the phoenix lives for exactly 1,000 years. After that time is up, it makes its own funeral pyre and throws itself into the flames. Immediately after it dies, it is reborn to live another 1,000 years. The cycle keeps on repeating. The phoenix is also sometimes associated with the horoscope sign Scorpio, which happens to be my sign :P.

Dragons and griffins are also awesome. =D

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    dragons and phoenixes with a slice of bacon XD and kitsune even though i think that's just a regular fox XD

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Dragons. Phoenix comes a close second.

I like the way how dragons can fly...

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Phoenixes have always appealed to me, they're elegant and graceful and I have always liked birds.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    I'd have to say it's the Phoenix, with Cerberus, Dragons, and Bacon on a shared and very close second place. XD

The Phoenix is a gracefull creature of fire (And I like fire) and I prefer it's connotations (Rebirth/Vitality/Life) to those of fire dragons (Destruction/Greed/Self-centerdness). Being a dog lover I've always liked Cerberus too, but I still prefer the Phoenix.

Greta

♡C u t e n e s s♡
    Years
    I <3 unicorns. =3 I wish they existed so badly! ^^ But that doesnt mean that I dont like dragons <3 or mermaids <3. I just prefer unicorns.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Other: Tengu, Tsuchinoko and the Zashikiwarashi.

I guess they lean more to youkai (which arn't legendary, and some zany professors claim that there are proof of their existance) though :/

Years
    I would have to say it's a tie between phoenix and unicorn.

Unicorns: They're so pretty! I love the white body, and the horn. And they seem to be really nice.
    Phoenix: I like birds. I like fire (kinda). It's a firery bird. It's like the best of both worlds, you know? ^^;; And the reincarnation thing is awesome as well.

Years
    I'm a mythical fanatic, I ticked half of them XD

Dragons have been a love of mine ever since I can remember.

Phoenix's are also a favourite of mine; I think it was Final Fantasy VII which awakened my love for them.

Unicorn: I'm not much one for the white Unicorns, they seem more fairytale to me, I prefer the darker version of the mew. Xion from Final Fantasy X and such.

Gryphon: Typical mythical beast really. It isn't one of my favourites, but it comes close to, I have allways taken a liking to it.

Kitsune: I hear allot about them in RPG's and such so I decided to do a little research on them one day and ever since have been in love with them XD

Cerberus: *Glomps* o.o three headed dog of the underworld...must I say more?

Other: Vampires XD...They are myth and creatures, I cannot believe you did not put them up as a choice...how dare you!

Other: Sea Serpents such as Leviathan, I suppose it could be classified as a sea dragon, but more correctly it is a mythical sea serpent.

Last edited:
    Years
    I'm more a fan of lesser-known creatures...so..."other".

My top favorites would most likely be (in no particular order):

- Peryton: creature with the forepart of a deer, wings/hindpart of a bird, and that casts a human-like shadow. There's a bit more to them, but as soon as I learned of their existence, I became rather fond of them since they seemed to be so interesting...

- Kamaitachi: the "sickle weasel". Again, this interested me...and plus, I also like weasels...heh...

- Carbuncle: no, not FF's "Carbunkle", though that seems to be based off this creature. I can't find much about this creature - except for details about the red stone on its head - other than it's supposedly "dragon-like" at times. The fact that its physical appearance isn't quite known makes it appealingly mysterious...

Runner-ups for favorites of mine include:

- Miraj: large, vicious, yellow hare-like creature with a single black horn on its forehead. What can I say, I like lagomorphs as well...and this one was too good to pass up as well.

- Kirin: I just like the look of them (especially the more dragon-like ones, which look so powerful. Though I suppose those would be more technically called qi'lin, but...meh. Same basic creature, as far as I'm concerned).

- Gryphon (or Griffin, as it's put here): As I've liked this one for a while, I've forgotten exactly why I like it. ^_^;;

I like a lot of other creatures, but they don't quite come as close to being favorites.

Last edited:

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
    Years
    DRAGONS! Ehem...sorry, I sound like one of our other dragon-crazed members! ^.^

Anyway, I loved dragons since I was a wee tyke, so...its no suprise. I always liked them, even if they were the bad guy I was always cheering them on. Second would be a werewolf (Which you don't have >_<) then a tie between Cerberus and a Unicorn, then Gryphons!

*Sighness* Actually, I love them all with equalness, though Dragon come out at top...and I don't really care for Centaurs that much.

AngelWolfie

Tiger Power!
    Years
    Dragons (Favorite ^^)
    Griffins (It'd be so cool to ride one :o I like to draw them.)
    Unicorn (So pretty and pure <3)
    Phoenix (Very pretty, and I like that they die and then rise from their ashes as a new phoenix, it's like how a forest burns down and a new one grows in it's place ^^)

Back