• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Legendary Pokemon

.Missingno

Viridian City Gym Leader
    Years
    As the title says who is your favorite Legendary Pokemon? this can be based off of Moves, How you obtain them or anything else.

For me it is a No brainer Deoxys. when I was Younger and playing Gen III Deoxys amazed me and I had to have it. the way you Obtained it is one of my greatest memories of any Pokemon Game (Yes I had to use the hack) But then once I obtained it it never Left my party what about for you all?

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    Mewtwo!

I remember when I was a kid, Mewtwo, like Zero from Mega Man X, was the
    defention of "Awesome".

I admit losing interest in Mewtwo over the years, partially because of how weak he was on Melee
    & not appearing on Brawl & partially because I haven't had a chance to capture him from gen 3 to gen 5.

But after seeing a fight scence between Mewtwo & Red's Mega Charizard X & FINALLY being able
    to get my very own Mewtwo on Y, childhood memories stirred & I decided to change my username to
    Stoney the Mewtwo when I could.

& I do hope to see Mewtwo again on Smash 4, with some SERIOUS improvements...

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
    Giratina, without a doubt.

When I was younger and saw it for the first time in Pearl, I thought he was the coolest thing ever. I mean, he's a Ghost / Dragon! :D Even today, no other Pokemon has that same type combination. Furthermore, his design is just insanely awesome, in both Altered and Origin form. Even before the theory came about, I always found it interesting how he had six wings and legs. It made him different from other dragons. I also think his cry is one of the best in the series. It makes him seem even more fierce! :)

Years
    I have quite a few favorite legendaries, most notably Mewtwo, Groudon, Palkia and Reshiram. There are quite a few I could list off, and my reasons for them being my favorites would take a while, so those just name some.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In terms of competitiveness, there's a lot, to be honest. First and foremost would be Cresselia. Not much people use it (which is sad, in my opinion), so unfortunately, it doesn't usually get called up to over-used tier, but when generation four was still current, I'd utilize this Pokémon quite heavily. Thankfully, it's never managed to let me down. It's a great tank, all-in-all; its Defense is huge, and so is its Special Attack and Defense. What's even better is latter two could also be raised, thanks to it having access to Calm Mind. With Levitate, it's immune to all ground-type hits, and due to it being able to learn Moonlight, the Pokémon is able to recover itself whenever it wishes.

Second would be Jirachi. This Pokémon has Serene Grace ability, which allows it to take full advantage of Iron Head move that it's able to learn--flinching foes. Once they flinch, they're completely restricted from touching you for a whole turn. Jirachi could use Thunder Wave, too, I believe, and if you have it on its move-set alongside, chances of your opponent landing hits would be even lowered. As for third, that would most likely have to be Shaymin-Sky, due to similar reasons. It's banned, I know, but it could still perform quite well in ubers when given the chance.

Design-wise, I'm a big, big fan of Yveltal. To me, it seems like an evil version of Lugia, which is absolutely cool. Lugia, itself, is very nice-looking (to me, anyway), but seeing a dark side of it, so to speak, is more or less astonishing. Along with these two, few of my other favorites would be Darkrai, Deoxys, Giratina, Xerneas, Rayquaza, and Zapdos.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2017
    Articuno. He looks elegant and intimidating. I also like ice and flying pokemon a lot, so that's a perfect combo right there.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    Probably Giratina. I remember how I went to catch it in Diamond, and it took me quite some time. Around an hour to get through Turnback Cave. That hour was totally worth it though, as in the end I encountered an awesome legendary Pokemon that was a worthy challenge to fight and eventually catch. I mean, its appearance and typing made it an amazing Pokemon in my eyes. Then, in Platinum, guess who was the main mascot legendary? That's right, antimatter itself. Giratina's integration into Platinum is what won me over, mostly its new Origin Forme, something I fell in love with at first sight. It just looked...menacing.

Years
    Although Giratina really grew on me recently...it always was and probably will be Rayquaza

I love Dragons and snakes and I love sky in general, so Rayquaza is a great combo of all my likings.

Giratina, Kyogre, Lugia, Mew, Latios and Suicune are right after it though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Articuno. He looks elegant and intimidating. I also like ice and flying pokemon a lot, so that's a perfect combo right there.

Oh, I can't believe how I forgot about Articuno! That Pokémon is simply beautiful, haha. Its feathers look very sleek, and palettes complement each other very well; light and sky blue mix in quite easily, if you ask me. If only it had access to a wider range of attacks; that way, it would've been utilized more in competitive scene, I'm sure. Stats do matter, but so does move-pool. They're equally as important.

Twisted Cuteness

Always a team
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    Lugia. It's cover pokemon of my favorite game, in my favorite movie, and it's pretty cool to boot. It's the only legendary that I keep (for a limited time) on my team

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2016
    Entei because he's a fire type dog also because he was the first legendary I ever saw. The movie was also good.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Rayquaza will always be my absolute favorite legendary! It's the overlord of the sky, it's a dragon, and I really like its design a lot. Second place will go to Dialga for also having a great design and being the controller of time, which is also pretty cool. Honorable mentions go to the Lati duo, Jirachi, and the Lake trio for being hella cute.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
    I have a tie for three pokemon in that position:

Reshiram
    Giratina
    Latias

All of them without a doubt! They all rule!

* hint *

All are dragons, so beware!

lozzop

Monkey slut!
    Years
    Lugia will always be a personal favourite, I had seen the movie and it was just the coolest thing ever! And then when I bought pokemon soulsilver and got a Lugia of my own that was the first pokemon I raised to level 100 :) I named him Bobbins. I also adore celebi because grass types are the best.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Lugia fan over here. I'm really fond of its design, and after watching the movie I fell in love with Lugia. It's so majestic and pretty. =D

Runner ups are Giratina, Reshiram and Rayquaza.

Pulsefire

The Prodigal Explorer
    Years
    Shiny Articuno and Shiny Mew are my two favorites.
    While I love tons of Pokemon, those two
    always hold a special place in my heart.

Why Shiny Articuno?

It was the first legendary pokemon I caught when I was playing
    Pokemon Red for the first time. Not only that, it fits my Ice Theme.
    Sadly I don't have that here yet, but none the less, still fits it.
    It's not only powerful in it's generation, having some of the highest
    Special Attack. It could also learn a good move set.

Why Shiny Mew?

Cutest little thing ever. Now personally, I prefer Shiny as you can see.
    For Articuno, it has a better tint of blue. For mew, it turns from pink
    to the cutest light blue ever. It fits when it roams the sky. Now, I
    didn't just pick this because of appearance. This Pokemon can learn
    anything. That easily makes it the most flexible Pokemon ever. How can
    you combat a Pokemon that can... well learn ANYTHING? You don't know
    what is coming next, or what it has till you experience it first hand. Making
    it a strong and scary, but beautiful Pokemon.

My other Favorite Legendary Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back