• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Main Character - What's your taste?

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2011
    Out of all of the Pokemon games so far, what would be your favorite character to play as?

Ash did appear in all seasons of the anime, but not the games themselves. I think this is the shot where Gary has Ash up his sleeve...

Anyway, whether it would be Gold, Silver, Brendan, May, Ethan, Lyra, Hilbert or Hilda, you have one that out of all of the Pokemon games you played is the best in your opinion.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    You left out a bunch, and put a few unplayable characters :P

R/G/B/Y: Red
    G/S/C: Ethan or Kris
    R/S/E: Brendan or May
    FR/LG: Red or Leaf
    D/P/Pt: Lucas or Dawn
    HG/SS: Ethan or Lyra
    B/W: Hilbert or Hilda

Silver isn't playable, and Ethan and Gold are the same person.

Leaf's by far my favorite, if only because I love her character in the manga. I generally don't like the character designs of main characters, and she has a pretty cool design while being super cool in the manga, so she beats pretty much everyone else in my opinion.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I liked Brendan because of his awesome hat...
    And also Ethan because I liked Gold as a character in the manga. I even named my Typhlosion Explotaro for the sake of it.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Red. Mainly because of his design and his character in the manga.
    i got ninja'd

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Dawn in Platinum, only because she has the best outfit out of them all. Despite the fact she's wearing a miniskirt in what's supposed to be a winter outfit.

If it was for character then it would be Leaf, because her manga counterpart is clearly the best.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2011
    You do realize that Red can have his name changed to Ash. Besides, I think Satoshi Tajiri wanted everybody who was playing the American version of Pokemon to name their red counterpart as Ash, because it is a reflection of Satoshi's insect collecting childhood.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    You do realize that Red can have his name changed to Ash. Besides, I think Satoshi Tajiri wanted everybody who was playing the American version of Pokemon to name their red counterpart as Ash, because it is a reflection of Satoshi's insect collecting childhood.

Ash and Red are not the same character. Red in the games is much closer to Red in the Pokemon Special manga - talented and always improving, etc. Ash seemed to begin as Red, but then branched off and ended up being reset over and over, didn't really learn or improve over time, and stuff like that.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2011
    As for me, I haven't necessarily played with one of them, but if I consider my taste of fashion, I think I deserve May and Lyra to be the best. And no, I don't mind if Marill is involved in this topic. Should it be as cheerful as Pikachu itself?

By the way, I would like to thank PC Supporter Toujours to point out that I've left out the rest of the characters in the series as well as putted a few unplayable characters. I've only used the names above as examples and even though all characters have a base name, it can be changed, especially to the version of the game.

You sure, Toujours? I haven't even read the Pokemon Manga. Unfortunately, I don't understand Japanese.

Last edited:

jammi567

Ethan, because the 2nd Gen and HeartGold and SoulSilver are my favorite games to play.

King!

better
    Years
    May would have to be my favorite, and then Brendan close behind. <3 She's just so cute. ^_^ I am a fan of Lucas and Lyra as well. After that, everyone else is pretty cool. I don't really like the ones from B/W, though. They just look weird to me. Not sure why... :\

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
    Brendan and Lucas are my favorites bu Red holds a special place as he was the first character I ever played as.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Is either between Red or Hilbert for male character.
    For female character, I think I take Leaf or winter suit Dawn as my favorite.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    I usually say Gold/Ethan and Lyra when I think of favorite protagonists. And I don't have a clear cut reason why... Leaf is another name that comes to mind when it comes to favorites but for some reason I like Lyra more.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    LEAF.

She looks awesome both in her regular outfit and in her winter gear (which they better release in a game in the future.)

Dawn comes in second, though I don't like her headwear as much as Leaf's hat. Kris comes in third since she was the original female trainer you could play as. In order from there: Wes, R/S May, and then the rest of them fail.

But yeah, Leaf wins by a very significant margin over everyone else.

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    Lyra or Dawn. I like their designs the most out of all the female player characters.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Red, Ethan, May, Dawn, Hilbert and Hilda.

Red wins for being Red.

Back