• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Minions (And Bosses)

Thergox

Average Hatter
Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2014
    How often have you come across a phenomenal creature in-game and said, "Wow, that thing's awesome!" and then realized that it was out for your blood? Worse yet, a boss?

What are your favorite minions and bosses -- and why? (Please state "Why" -- it irritates me when people just throw out their idea and leave. Then again, just stating that probably leaves me liable for exactly that kind of thing)

. . . I've never made a thread before, so this is where I pretend as if I know what I'm doing. Some of my favorite enemies are in the Metroid Prime series -- they all seem to have their own amazing background stories to them. Specifically, the Sheegoth -- the massive, terrifying monster with spikes all over its back that also happen to absorb your futile little blasts at it. The first time it exploded out of the ground, I was completely awestruck.

Khawill

<3
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Not technically a minion, but this guy is deceitful, and will wreck your entire day.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Metal Slimes, baby. A staple of Dragon Quest series, and a quick way to alleviate hours of grinding if you can defeat just a couple; the experience they give out is godly. They seem pretty harmless (slimes are usually the weakest enemies encountered at the beginning of each game) and possess pretty abysmal HP (usually 3-5) but are incredibly rare, hard to hit, and usually run away on their initial turn. Pray you land a critical hit. {XD}

Spoiler:

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Not technically a minion, but this guy is deceitful, and will wreck your entire day.

MUSHROOMS EVERYWHERE!! IN THE BUSHES, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LANES! GAME OVER, MAN

Anyway.

Most recently.

Favorite Boss(s):

Sephiroth, Cloud and Squall (Kingdom Hearts) ~ The first one mind you. 2 and everything beyond that are trash. Anyway, the Colosseum in Hercules' World was my favorite thing to do once I beat the crap out of the game. Having one-on-one bouts with some of my favorite characters is my favorite type of boss battles. No BS, just a straight up mono-e-mono. Your skills versus theirs.
    Spoiler:

Sephiroth (Final encounter/Final Fantasy 7) ~ After both Bizzaro Sephiroth and Safer Sephiroth. Sephy calls you down into the Life Stream for one more tussle. It's just him with the Masamune and Cloud with his Buster Sword. The pinnacle of a one-on-one with no in-between bullcrap. Sadly, it was incredibly short. (Insta-Omnislash and such)
    Spoiler:

Doctor Octopus (Encounter 2 of 3/Spider-Man 2 (PS2/XB)) ~ Just Spidey and Otto on top of an runway New York subway train. Truly one of my favorite one-on-one boss fights.
    Spoiler:

Almost forgot this one!

Green Goblin (Encounter 1 of 3/Spider-Man: The Movie (PS2/GC)) ~ After your air-battle with him he crashes into a building with a glass roof. Follow him in and you get a glorious 1v1 against Norman himself. Hard but fun as heck.

Spoiler:

DeFalco (Black Ops 2) ~ This goes one of two ways. You miss him and he escapes off of Colossus or you light him up and save Karma. Very rarely in Call of Duty do you get an experience such as this. Most "boss battles" are quick-time events. Evident in MW2 and 3 as well as Black Ops 1. In this mini-boss battle all bets are off. If your reach him before he takes off. He, with his M-TAR (Assault Rifle) and his two Mercenary guards, engage Section (David Mason). It's your job to drop them before they drop you.

It was an invigorating change of pace for a CoD game.

Spoiler:

That's all I can think of for now.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Favorite Minions (And Bosses)

Claptrap of Borderlands

Claptrap isn't your typical epic sidekick who kills others and does everything he can to protect you, but you love him straight from the beginning. This guy is just so amazing in so many different ways. First and foremost, his incredibly cheeky personality just makes you chuckle every now and then. It's the things that he says mixed with his voice which makes them so good, you would need to listen to him say the quote for it to be funny instead of just reading it since his voice makes the difference and can actually make most things quite funny. Overall, Claptrap is this adorable character and keeps you motivated throughout the game with his cheeky little comments. He's the most fun and entertaining minion I've ever played with and it would be hard to top him.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    I've always LOVED the Cactuars from Final Fantasy, specifically the ones in Final Fantasy VIII. The Cactuar King being one of my favourite monsters in the entire game.

Spoiler:

A close second goes to the Soldiers in Kingdom Hearts. I just love wailing on these guys.
    Spoiler:

As for boss fights, as much as I would cringe whenever I fought him, I absolutely loved any boss fight against Cloud in Kingdom Hearts. There's just something about Cloud that I find extremely appealing. I can't tell if it's moody persona, his appearance, his voice, how confident he was when he had Zack's memories, his freaking fight style... I always loved him. Fighting him would always make me die a little inside because I was essentially killing the embodiment of utter perfection. I think it might be the hair, because the way he looks in Advent Children just seems off to me.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Balrog from Street Fighter 2 is one of my favorites. He's got a punch that heavily drains your health, and he has a great combination of speed and power. It was very hard to counter his moves. Bowser is my favorite, too. He's the king of all koopas, he's got a scary look, becomes more harder to beat throughout the game, and, of course, he's Mario's arch-nemisis. I also like Reaper from Mass Effect 2, Galactus from Marvel vs. Capcom: Fate of Two Worlds, and Poseidon from God of War 3.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • A close second goes to the Soldiers in Kingdom Hearts. I just love wailing on these guys.

Finally, someone who shares my enthusiasm on Key Blade'ing Soldiers to death. My favorite part is the "clanks" sound it makes when you strike them. I also enjoy parrying their round house kicks.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Mmm, I love fighting the Shadows from the Persona games~

They actually take good strategy to defeat them - even the weakest of them can really hurt you if you're not too careful. :[

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Probably Riftworm from Gears of War 2. If you look it up, it's design can immediately show you half of the reason why it's my favorite. The other half is the fact that an entire level is dedicated to it. Said level is covered with sections containing all kinds of items from it's insides like guts, organs, and other gruesome bloody objects that you have to get through. Along with that, you must get its heart to stop beating while at the same time refrain from drowning inside! Besides having a completely awesome design and its disgusting attributes, the name Riftworm is unique and fitting for such a boss. I loved everything about this guy!

TY

Abathur from StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm

This guy, or beast, is all about efficiency and to show it, he talks efficiently. A example:
    -"Look at flesh, see only potential. Strands, sequences, twisting, separating, joining. See how it could be better. Eat flesh, splinter bone. Inside me, can touch it. Weave it. Spin it. Make it great."

Besides he gives evolution missions and he is by far the best character in the entire story.

Back