• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Moves To Use

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
    What's an attack in the games that you can't help using over and over, regardless of whether or not it's actually good? Are they super practical? Do they look really cool? Just like them just because?

I really like using Metronome, despite how useless it is in any sort of competitive play, because it's all down to luck. What your Metronome becomes is random, and having metronome battles are fun to me for a reason that I don't fully comprehend.

I think Draco Meteor is a pretty cool too. Because who wouldn't want to summon a shower of rocks on your enemies?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    are you the type of person that votes for metro randa tourneys lmao

I adore Cross Poison, Venoshock, and Dazzling Gleam. :D

Years
    Inferno from 5th Gen in my opinion has one of the most beautiful animations in the game; high base power and that sweet guaranteed Burn status make it even better. Unfortunately, all of those qualities are offset by a very low PP and 50% accuracy, which can make the attack as a whole a hit or a miss. Literally

I really like 4th Gen Close Combat too. It's much more useful in both competitive play and in-game so I get to see it more often. Sure, your defense and special defense are lowered afterwards, but does that even matter when you can outspeed and OHKO the opposing team?

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    I absolutely love using Hyper Voice with Mega Gardevoir! The 30% boost on top of the STAB from Pixilate results in a simply awesome move with a huger base damage and it even goes through Substitute! I suppose the same applies to Hyper Voice with Mega Salamence and it's Aerilate too xD

Power-up Punch with mega Khangaskhan is really good too!

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    I know this is probably the boring answer but Earthquake is the best move, full stop.

I like having fun with Metronome battles too, right Ben?

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
    I know this is probably the boring answer but Earthquake is the best move, full stop.

I can't help teaching it to everything (if I have enough TMs of course :P)! It has great accuracy, great power, hits both your opponents in double battles, pretty good PP...

Unfortunately it also hits your partner, which is gross, but can be easily worked around if your partner is a Flying Type, has Levitate or uses Protect/Detect on that turn.

So much fun to just plow everything down with your Earthquake. :D

Years
    Almost forgot about Salamence's Aerilate Thrash even though it's already in my user title. xD With the STAB and Aerilate boost with a very high base power, only the toughest defensive walls will take this move without either getting knocked out or having a huge dent left in them.

In conjunction with the move above, Dragon Dance is great to use. It's always had that cool animation since Gen 4 with the blue/red energy swirling around the user. My favorite stat boosting move. Anything that manages to rack up enough boosts with it becomes pretty much unstoppable without priority to counter them.

Years
    I can't help teaching it to everything (if I have enough TMs of course :P)! It has great accuracy, great power, hits both your opponents in double battles, pretty good PP...

Unfortunately it also hits your partner, which is gross, but can be easily worked around if your partner is a Flying Type, has Levitate or uses Protect/Detect on that turn.

So much fun to just plow everything down with your Earthquake. :D

Lol, I feel the same about plowing everything down with EarthQuake. It's one of those moves that I just love to teach to my Pokémon. Also, there's Leaf Blade, Thunder, Aura Sphere, Mach Punch, Eruption, and Stone Edge. Okay, I also like Dig, Swords Dance and Bone Rush XD. The animations on all of these moves are cool and I just like using them. As for Swords Dance, I just like swords XP. Bone Rush is a good move, but I like it more so cause of the sound effects and animation lol. I like the rest of them because of both the animations and power they have in battle. Especially Thunder and EarthQuake X3.

Back