• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Movie Moment

M O M U S U

Fail-safe
    Years
    What was your favorite moment(s) in any of the movies?

Here's a list of all of them to refresh your memory.

1 - Mewtwo Strikes Back
    2 - The Power Of One
    3 - Spell of the Unown
    4 - Celebi: Voice of the Forest (Pokemon 4Ever)
    5 - Heroes: Latios and Latias
    6 - Jirachi Wishmaker
    7 - Destiney Deoxys
    8 - Lucario and the Mystery of Mew
    9 - Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea
    10 - The Rise of Darkrai
    11 - Giratina and the Sky's Bouquet

Personally, my favorite part was from the Power of One,
    where Lugia battled Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres.

My second would be the fight between Mew and Mewtwo,
    and Mewtwo's clones versus the original Pokemon.

And my third would be the fight between Deoxys and Rayquaza.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
    Hands down when Ash came out with all the Pokémon in The Pokémon Movie. I saw it at the cinema yonks ago. I love that film, I might go watch it. I havn't in about 7 years.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Don't read if you haven't seen Movie 9. :D
    Spoiler:

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm having a hard time choosing between three scenes so I'll just say all of them.

1. Ash emerging from the smoke with all of the Pokémon that had been taken away by Mewtwo in the first movie. The background music completely fitted the scene and it was prefectly placed in the trailer for the first movie. It's easily one of my favourite parts of the Pokémon anime.
    2. Ash being turned to stone, a moment that managed to capture the heart of millions. I recall crying myself, now that I think of it. It was just a really beautiful scene that no Pokémon movie so far has managed to match.
    3. The awesome battle between Charizard and Entei in the third Pokémon movie. By far my favourite battle scene ever.

gameplay

Beginning Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    When Ash turns to stone and Pikachu starts crying. >.<;;

Years
    When Misty & Melody are talking about Ash being her boyfriend, and Tracey runs up and is all "You talking about me? :D" in the second movie.

And whenever Ash almost dies in any movie, since anything that causes pain to him is enjoyable to me :D

Years
    Well...

My Favorite Movie scenes were:

1.) When Melody played "The Legend comes to Life" to calm the Legendary birds (Pokemon 2000)
    2.) When "Oracion" was played in the Space-Time Tower (The Rise of Darkrai)

I just love the music in the Pokemon Movies...

Well there's more but I have to log off now...

Chelzbell

magical girl undercover
    Years
    • Age 36
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 13, 2010
    My favorite movie moment would be mostly in the first and second movies. I like in the first movie when all the trainers are showing off their pokemon once they get to the island and awaiting Mewtwo's arrival. I loved Mew so much, bouncing on it's giant pink bubble ( so adorable~ ). The part with the clone!pokemon and non-cloned pokemon made me tear up a bit, along with when Ash turned to stone.

In the second movie, I enjoyed the subtle hints of Pokeshipping. " He's a boy and he's a friend but he's not my boyfriend! " Hehe, Misty~

ShadowDeeps

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2021
    1. Movie 1 - Hard to say. I felt this film was a tad too sappy in tones (at least, the dub), and some of the cruxes of the film felt forced, like they were directed at the audience rather than the characters (inadvertently). Many scenes with Mewtwo, however, would probably qualify for my favorite. Not because he's ever-omnipotent and rare, but because unlike so many other Pokémon, he questions the nature of life and why anything is, despite being a clone of Mew (and a Pokémon clone). That, to me, makes him a character unto himself - his keen powers of observation and mysterious, morbid nature that peers deep. Because of this, Mewtwo is my favorite Pokémon.

I especially like the way this was conveyed in the Mewtwo short that bore away a great deal of character development sadly barred from the dub of the first movie. Mewtwo's character had such great depth of potential that was sadly squandered (in the dub, at least, though I would apply this to the original Japanese version as well) when he goes onto take over the world wantonly because of what humans did to him. It immensely lessens his character that showed far more depth in the beginning and makes him seem like yet another predictable villain until the end of the film.

On another note, I can see how Ash was revived, but even then, it feels like an abashing plot device than an augmentation or affect of anything else. Don't get me wrong - I like the movie a lot - but I feel it is not without flaw. I liked the following Mewtwo short as well (the return of Mewtwo), though I felt Mewtwo was once again reduced in the beginning of the film as a character.

2. Movie 2 - The moment where Melody plays the flute (or the "Lugia Song") at the end. I hold this moment in deep esteem, because it's such a beautiful moment, and it's well accentuated from an aesthetics and musical standpoint, with ardent beats that work very well, and with the music being the fulcrum and driving force from which the impact of this scene works. It's one fantastic way to end a movie that I feel is an improvement upon the first movie. Half of the work is in the music in any form of media in my eyes, and that applies to this.

3. Movie 3 - Didn't like this one at much. It was good, but redundant by nature and I never was a fan of the Unown. I don't quite have a favorite, select moment.

4. Movie 4 - While I liked the film, I don't have any meticulous, favorite moments. No one moment stands out for me in this film, though I thought the concept of time travel and Celebi was good, as was seeing Profesor Oak in his younger years (by happenstance).

5. Movie 5 - My favorite film next to The Power of One. I liked all the moments of "Sight Sharing" or "Projecting" and where Ash and Co. were involved. The villains were lame, but this movie had a good tone and feel, and I liked the backstory behind Latias and Latios. Oh, and I liked the score a lot as well, even if I don't think it's quite as good a background as Movie 2's score is.

6. Movie 6 - Don't have a favorite moment.

7. Movie 7 - Same sentiments, though I felt the movie itself was very good given my much less pleasant sentiments toward the Hoenn series.

8. Movie 8 - Don't have a favorite moment, but the concept of aura was good by my eyes.

9. Movie 9 - Don't have a favorite moment.

10. Movie 10 - Same as above.

11. Movie 11 - Haven't seen the film in question yet.

Last edited:
    Back